What's new

Playoff Game 3: Jazz vs Clippers 8pm Mountain Time ESPN 2

I don't think I said it was too much for my liking. I might be insinuating (along with Vinyl) that it may be too much for you.

Are you two social workers? Do I need to present a case file? Or is this just your weekly attack on a poster to make yourself feel better?

Hilarious!

If Hayward just has a "decent" game scoring 20-30 pts the jazz lose and lose big.

Hill and Hayward were great last night.

Raul Neto in a few mins (3 mins) outscored out starting 4 and 5 who combined for 4 measley pts in the entire game (62 mins combined). I guess it was 5 when Diaw hit that garbage FT at the end.

Name another team that wins a playoff game when they receive so little production from their starting frontcourt. Do it. Right now.

Hell, even Zaza Pachulia scored 10 the other night. The warriors are the one team in the league that could make a case for needing little frontcourt production.

We would've won last night had our starting frontcourt just given us double figures. They could've played the same bad defense. But just given us double figure pts and we would've won.

I wish the majority of those 40 points came in the 4th and not the 1st. My Hayward critique DOES not come from a position of hate. I WANT Hayward to be that player for us.

If Hayward does not score much early that game is probably a blow out and it does not matter what we do in the fourth.

Hayward was asked to come out and try and get us on a good start. He did that. Other players need to hit open shots when he is doubled teamed and being held every play. Hayward runs the most miles per game per minute in the NBA and it was even worse in this game. He played a lot of minutes and most of that was very physical and running around multiple screens trying to get free.

Clippers focused him completely, daring the rest of our team to win this game and they did not. When a team puts that much focus on 1 player you need teamates to step up to hit shots and get him some space, they didnt do that for him.

This loss is on the rest of the Jazz not Hayward. Besides he plays better in the 4th statistically and has all season. One game is not an indicator of who he is. He also sits to start the 4th he plays less minutes in the 2nd and 4th and surprisingly still steps up and scores a lot of points in the 4th on good percentages most games.

Sorry about the profanity. Jazzfanz bleeps it all out so I dont feel the need to censor my post to come off as less angry when the system does it automatically. My bad if I offended you.

Duder, you did not offend me. It takes much more than bad words on the internet to offend me. Regardless of the filter, most of the words bleeped out can easily be made out in context. You're angry. I know it. Most folks on the board know it. And Im pretty sure you know it. Why? Who knows. You should post as often as you want and whenever you want but you should ask yourself if maybe there's a difference between liking to argue and spewing vitriol. I don't know what the whether is like out there where you live but if it's anything like it is out here, it's prolly beautiful. I'll be signing off soon to go get some lunch and do some record shopping on RSD 2017. Hobbies are good.

I found the last 9 minutes of the 4th on some site called NBAHD.net. Watching. In regards to Hayward, I will say this, do you know where Hayward passes the smell test for me? Defense. Like those chase down blocks he does. Anytime he's out to block some dude's shot he usually does. He's incredible on those types of plays.

If Hayward does not score much early that game is probably a blow out and it does not matter what we do in the fourth.

Hayward was asked to come out and try and get us on a good start. He did that. Other players need to hit open shots when he is doubled teamed and being held every play. Hayward runs the most miles per game per minute in the NBA and it was even worse in this game. He played a lot of minutes and most of that was very physical and running around multiple screens trying to get free.

Clippers focused him completely, daring the rest of our team to win this game and they did not. When a team puts that much focus on 1 player you need teamates to step up to hit shots and get him some space, they didnt do that for him.

This loss is on the rest of the Jazz not Hayward. Besides he plays better in the 4th statistically and has all season. One game is not an indicator of who he is. He also sits to start the 4th he plays less minutes in the 2nd and 4th and surprisingly still steps up and scores a lot of points in the 4th on good percentages most games.

Again, I haven't stated anywhere that I am blaming Hayward for this loss because I am not. Without Gobert in the lineup the spacing is not conducive to our offense. I know this. I said a few posts up that we lost because the Clippers are or were a better team. They made their shots.

Hayward averages 5.7 points in the fourth quarter (despite it being one of his 2 lowest minute quarters at 7.9 min) on 48.8% shooting. Lebron James is the only player to score more points in the 4th on better shooting percentages.

Duder, you did not offend me. It takes much more than bad words on the internet to offend me. Regardless of the filter, most of the words bleeped out can easily be made out in context. You're angry. I know it. Most folks on the board know it. And Im pretty sure you know it. Why? Who knows. You should post as often as you want and whenever you want but you should ask yourself if maybe there's a difference between liking to argue and spewing vitriol. I don't know what the whether is like out there where you live but if it's anything like it is out here, it's prolly beautiful. I'll be signing off soon to go get some lunch and do some record shopping on RSD 2017. Hobbies are good.

I found the last 9 minutes of the 4th on some site called NBAHD.net. Watching. In regards to Hayward, I will say this, do you know where Hayward passes the smell test for me? Defense. Like those chase down blocks he does. Anytime he's out to block some dude's shot he usually does. He's incredible on those types of plays.

I bike 20 miles a day, play basketball every other day, swim and kayak weekly. Believe me, I do plenty of activities (all which focus 100% on outdoor activities) outside of arguing w/ you on jfc. When Im around my phone or inside, Im usually on JFC though because where I live I'm not surrounded by anyone who cares about the NBA and much less the Jazz. Again, sorry if me being here offends you and prevents you from spreading false narratives.

Don't feel like going back to find the posts but for those saying how could Favors score more as he never had the opportunity. That is my point, he did NOT want the ball (IMO) he wasn't diving like he wanted the ball or floating to open space, he looked liked he was content being covered and when he did touch the ball (granted not often) the vast majority of the time it looked like he didn't want the ball and definitely had no body language that he was a threat or wanted to score.

As much as I yell at Diaw through the TV, E V E R Y game countless times, he manages to get the ball a lot more, granted once he gets it if he doesn't have a pass he looks like he is looking for the closest defender to dribble towards so he can be guarded and not have to shoot. Heck CP knows this and has caused him to turnover the ball 4 or 5 times over the past 2 games (specifically thinking of the screen hand offs to Hill that CP manages to tip away).

I wish the majority of those 40 points came in the 4th and not the 1st.

If the majority of those 40 points came in the 4th quarter, we would've been playing from a double digit deficit and still would have lost.

I thought even the most irrational of Hayward critics could at least appreciate him scoring 40 points against an elite wing defender in a playoff game, but you guys keep finding ways to outdo yourselves with the hate.

Hayward averages 5.7 points in the fourth quarter (despite it being one of his 2 lowest minute quarters at 7.9 min) on 48.8% shooting. Lebron James is the only player to score more points in the 4th on better shooting percentages.

Where are you getting these stats from? Where can I find this stuff?

Don't feel like going back to find the posts but for those saying how could Favors score more as he never had the opportunity. That is my point, he did NOT want the ball (IMO) he wasn't diving like he wanted the ball or floating to open space, he looked liked he was content being covered and when he did touch the ball (granted not often) the vast majority of the time it looked like he didn't want the ball and definitely had no body language that he was a threat or wanted to score.

As much as I yell at Diaw through the TV, E V E R Y game countless times, he manages to get the ball a lot more, granted once he gets it if he doesn't have a pass he looks like he is looking for the closest defender to dribble towards so he can be guarded and not have to shoot. Heck CP knows this and has caused him to turnover the ball 4 or 5 times over the past 2 games.

This is true. Especially in the 4th Favors didnt even look at the rim when he caught the ball. I think it'd just be nice to get him going early while he is still relatively fresh. I know that is kind of a lot to potentially throw away possessions into a post up for a player who is not great at posting up. I'd assume DeAndre is a relatively good post defender too, but I honestly have no idea since I cant remember us ever posting him up. I dont see the harm in giving him 1 post-up just to see if we could get Jordan to overreact to a move and get him to foul.

Also, is this regular season or playoffs?

Really? I thought he was amazing from start to finish. He was physical, he was aggressive, he made shots, he defended. What else can he do?
I think saying that he was "amazing" up to the finish is going overboard. He shot an airball on a wide open 3, and he threw the ball away on in inbounds pass, not even giving us a chance for a final shot. I'm not discounting the rest of his performance though, because he was amazing. I think the ending just killed any buzz/excitement I had from the rest of the game.