What's new

Playoff Game 5: Jazz at Clippers 4/25/17 8:30 ROOT, TNT

They get Rivers back this game. It'll be interesting to see how much rust he has. He's clearly an upgrade over Redick and Felton.

It'll be very interesting. I've actually thought Felton has played well in spurts. It'd be nice if Rivers' rust negates the skills​ difference.

It'll be very interesting. I've actually thought Felton has played well in spurts. It'd be nice if Rivers' rust negates the skills​ difference.

Rivers will fair a lot better on the defensive end. He has played pretty well against us this season.

I'm sure this data is out there or somebody has noted when it has happened, but has the perfect storm for "Hack-A-Jordan" happened yet? Meaning 1. We are in the penalty 2. It is not the last 2 minutes of the quarter and 3. Jordan is in.

On Bill Simmons podcast, Harlabob Voulgaris brought up the fact that if all the stars aligned for that situation and the Jazz employed Hack a Jordan, the Clippers really have no depth and it could swing a game.

Rivers will fair a lot better on the defensive end. He has played pretty well against us this season.

This is early on in the season, but Rivers had his way against us

[video=youtube_share;jIbi2BsiyDk]https://youtu.be/jIbi2BsiyDk

This is early on in the season, but Rivers had his way against us

[video=youtube_share;jIbi2BsiyDk]https://youtu.be/jIbi2BsiyDk

I think Jinglin' will handle Rivers like he has handled Redick. Mostly driving against Johnson and Diaw. Notice that Jinglin' looks a bit chunkier at that time.

He hasn't played for a month. If I were a Clippers fan I'd be concerned with rust issues. Playoff basketball, high intensity, he may start off with a lot of energy from adrenaline, but it could catch up with him over the course of the game.

Or maybe he's just used for ten minutes of relief, which might mean he could do quick damage then get out. Felton has actually been pretty solid for the Clippers so far this series.

GAME DAY GAME DAY GAME DAY GAME DAY

Really hoping the Jazz show up tonight and don't fall for the let-down game. Don't get caught up in the adversity of the inevitable Clippers run to start the game. Just buckle down, keep it close, and give your team a chance to win.

Really hoping the Jazz show up tonight and don't fall for the let-down game. Don't get caught up in the adversity of the inevitable Clippers run to start the game. Just buckle down, keep it close, and give your team a chance to win.

Well the Clippers shouldn't be opening the game with 40 points in the paint for the first quarter.

It will be great if the Clips have an off shooting night, and we can watch them crumble before our eyes.

If we win tonight, we blow them out on Friday.

I'm honestly pretty damn confident. Maybe irrational but this team healthy is DEEP and the Clippers have a serious lack of depth. Yes they have Chris Paul the best player in the series but I guess I still have the image in my brain of Favors playing him nearly perfectly in that 4th quarter.

I doubt that will work again; playoffs are all about each team making adjustments. Plus, Favors was in the zone during Game 4, just like Ingles in Game 1, and is unlikely to repeat it anytime soon.

But we can always hope!

Ok guys and gals, Locke has talked a lot about the numbers on offense and defense, and he seems to think the Jazz are just plain better than the Clippers at this moment. He said that with Joe on the floor and Blake guarding him, the Jazz had like a 113 offensive rating. When Rudy is on the floor with Joe, and no Blake, that offensive rating is a 132! That's just disrespectful! Jazz might win this one running away, if Favors can play Chris Paul perfectly like he did last game.

Man, I love this team. So fun to watch the growth they have gone through.

With Gobert down low hopefully we can take away a lot of their interior game.
Force them to have another miracle night from Paul and Crawford.

Live by the jump shot die by the jump shot.

The Clippers had to win Game 4. Rudy was on a minutes restriction, Hayward was out, and Jamal Crawford had his Jamal Crawford game. They blew it.

We are going to crush them tonight.