What's new

Playoff Game 5: Jazz at Clippers 4/25/17 8:30 ROOT, TNT

This is early on in the season, but Rivers had his way against us

[video=youtube_share;jIbi2BsiyDk]https://youtu.be/jIbi2BsiyDk

That was some pretty horrid defense. Had we played defense that poorly in this series, the Clips would be facing the Warriors already.

The Jazz are bigger and should have a rebounding advantage. The challenge for the Clips is that they probably need to go small and spread on offense like last game in order to score, but then that leaves them at a disadvantage defensively. The Jazz getting Hayward back only compounds that problem.

Both CP and Crawford had great shooting nights out to 30 feet, and the Jazz still won because the Clips can't guard Johnson and couldn't keep up on the boards. Austin Rivers helps them -- it would be like the Jazz getting Hood back in the lineup -- but Rivers may end up having to guard Johnson or Hayward on switches.

If the Jazz have decent shooting nights, they really should win these next two games.

Im not counting out the Clippers. We are going to play in their house.

That being said, let's get this mother ****ing win, Jazz squad!

if that was going to happen, it would have happened a long-*** time ago.

Well, he did only get 10 minutes last game and if Hayward is back without Griffin then I'd like to see us running three wings.

I think the winner tonight takes the series.

If the jazz win then ya. If clippers when then I feel that the jazz will still win 6 and 7

Really don't know how the Clips would slow down a

Hill
Hayward
Ingles
Johnson
Gobert

Lineup.

Pretty awesome line up. And we still have hood, Diaw, and favors ready to come in. This team is deep.
Imagine if burks, lyles, and X would have been who we thought they would be this season.

I am curios about the Clippers crowd. Will they be excited, nervous, or have years of Clipperness made them numb? I felt like Chris Paul fed off the Utah crowd energy in game three, will the stillness of the staples center affect the game?

So Lil' Doc is on a minutes restriction down to 12 minutes tonight.

I bet he plays closer to 22 minutes.

What a battle we've got going here. Going to be a great finish.

This **** is legit. So pumped. Fun to think back to the tank-talk years which seem like yesterday.

Last edited:
Jazz in 6. Gobert and Hayward are back. If the rest of our team plays the way they have in the first four games the Clippers don't stand a chance. Go Jazz!