What's new

Playoff Game 5: Jazz at Clippers 4/25/17 8:30 ROOT, TNT

You want exum...a pg, to play pf? Or you just wanting to shift everyone over...exum at sg, ingles at sf, and Hayward at pf?

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

Shift. It gives us 4 options for switches on Paul and it allows us to lock down everyone else on the perimeter. It also helps our shooting. Yes, I understand how unreliable Exum's shot is but it's more an indictment of Diaw's ability to shoot (or even be guarded). It would better wear out whoever guards him.

You put Exum in the game and they are just going to hide their worst defender on him. Kind of the opposite of the Jazz's gameplan of using wings to exploit mismatches.

Exum should play 8 minutes at most.

You put Exum in the game and they are just going to hide their worst defender on him. Kind of the opposite of the Jazz's gameplan of using wings to exploit mismatches.

will be interesting to put him on rivers.

And what are the Clippers doing with Diaw? I'm kind of indifferent on Exum playing but Diaw has been a pretty big liability and I think it'd help to limit those minutes. Getting someone else in the starting lineup would likely be the only way to do that and you need Hood and Johnson off the bench so they aren't really options to start.

And what are the Clippers doing with Diaw? I'm kind of indifferent on Exum playing but Diaw has been a pretty big liability and I think it'd help to limit those minutes. Getting someone else in the starting lineup would likely be the only way to do that and you need Hood and Johnson off the bench so they aren't really options to start.

They can't put JJ Redick or Crawford on Diaw....

But yeah, for sure take Diaw out and just start Johnson.

And Gobert will play more minutes. Favors can always take some of his 4 minutes.

You get like 24 minutes of Favors and 32 from Gobert.

That leaves 16 center minutes for Favors to play w/ 8 PF minutes. JJ plays 34 PF minutes. You can let Diaw get the other 6. Or gives Ingles those 6 and leave Diaw completely out.

Lets be honest. Besides a lucky pull up 3 and a drawn foul Exum had 12 minutes of being completely invisible on the offensive end of the court.

I'll take a 3 ball, no turnovers and solid D from Exum in short spurts during the playoffs. His real value is just giving JJ or Ingles a blow.

Lets be honest. Besides a lucky pull up 3 and a drawn foul Exum had 12 minutes of being completely invisible on the offensive end of the court.

yeah i meant on defensive end lol

but who knows? maybe dante will be effective today. i hope so