What's new

Playoff Game 7: Jazz @ Clippers Sun 4/30/17 1:30 PM ABC

For me, the keys to the game is Hood and Favors. Hood needs to have a breakout 20-25 point game and Favors needs at least a 15 pt/8 reb type game while playing good defense.

Not really concerned about Ingles getting shut out in the scoring column because he can do other things on the court to still be valuable (defense, steals, passing). However, if Hood isn't scoring, it's like the Jazz only having 4 players on the court because he doesn't contribute in any other way. I think Hood absolutely needs to have a big game if we want to win Game 7, The Clippers are betting that Hood can't hit an open shot with their strategy to double JJ every time he gets the ball. Favors needs to get on track because it's gotten to the point where the Clippers defense isn't giving Gobert or JJ any good looks in the paint, and the only other low post threat we have is Favors.

Not concerned about Hayward, Hill and Gobert...I think they're all reliable and will show up to play. We need a "surprise" player to step up to win game 7, and that player is Rodney Hood. I think he's a totally unreliable streak shooter like a JR Smith or CJ Miles or (gulp) Trey Burke, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Here's something. Last night when I met Gobert I asked him how his ankle was feeling. He said it was good, that he'd be ready Sunday. And it was pretty cool, he looked right at me, looked right into my eyes, and I told him I believed in him and the team and said they could do it on Sunday. He had this look on his face like he knew it. And it was like he was feeding off the encouragement a bit. It was an unusual moment. The guy is intense. He wants to win. Usually people just sign autographs and get the hell out of there. Rudy actually looked at me and we had an exchange like two humans. He was actually listening to what I was saying and responding.

Oh, and he legit laughed when I concluded with "You might make me have to skip church." (In truth, I'l be out by 1:30 anyway.)

I know, a goofy fanboy moment in many ways. But it was pretty cool. Win or lose tomorrow, that's a dude who truly wants to win and believes in himself.

I love Rudy! He has so much confidence and fire. We need Rodney and Derrick to step up and win a game for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that finds it strange that game 7 and game 1 (round 2 If the jazz had won friday) were scheduled not only the same day, but at the same time? IMO, the NBA was forcing a sunday game 1 with that schedule.

They did it to fill a sunday TV spot.

It doesn't matter how well you protect the rim if you shoot 26 percent from 3 and 50 percent from the FT line. Had griffin played last night the game would've been a blow out, for them. I don't think they would've lost game 5 had Blake played. The clippers are a better team than us with him. We need to stop using the gobert injury excuse when they would've finished this series up in 5 had he stayed healthy.

Let's not forget, they won the season series 3-1. Some of those games were blowouts. We are missing a huge opportunity to beat them while he's out.

Besides, our jump shooting team seemed content to brick jumpers even when DJ was out. No one seemed to want to drive the ball inside. We are a soft team.

I agree that we lost game six because of our shooting. The regular season means nothing when comparing it to the playoffs. Jazz were not healthy when they played the Clippers in the regular seasons. As far as who is better, well they are playing a game 7 so I think it is debatable who is better. Clippers have more accomplished stars but they haven't won jack with their team. This game boils down to who can handle the pressure. When I watch the Jazz play I can usually tell if they are going to win or compete in the game right away. I was not surprised by the outcome in game six because the Jazz were missing shots and FTs and they rarely win when they do that. They are not good enough to overcome poor play.

I think the Jazz have good chance to win in game 7. The home court advantage sucks for the Clippers. THey need to come out and play game 7 defense first. They need huge contributions from everyone not just two or three people. They need to make FTs and they need to make anyone but CP3 beat them. Do whatever it takes to get the ball out of his hands. If the game is close then use the hack a Shaq rule to see if DJ chokes away the game.

For me, the keys to the game is Hood and Favors. Hood needs to have a breakout 20-25 point game and Favors needs at least a 15 pt/8 reb type game while playing good defense.

Not really concerned about Ingles getting shut out in the scoring column because he can do other things on the court to still be valuable (defense, steals, passing). However, if Hood isn't scoring, it's like the Jazz only having 4 players on the court because he doesn't contribute in any other way. I think Hood absolutely needs to have a big game if we want to win Game 7, The Clippers are betting that Hood can't hit an open shot with their strategy to double JJ every time he gets the ball. Favors needs to get on track because it's gotten to the point where the Clippers defense isn't giving Gobert or JJ any good looks in the paint, and the only other low post threat we have is Favors.

Not concerned about Hayward, Hill and Gobert...I think they're all reliable and will show up to play. We need a "surprise" player to step up to win game 7, and that player is Rodney Hood. I think he's a totally unreliable streak shooter like a JR Smith or CJ Miles or (gulp) Trey Burke, but I hope he proves me wrong.

In game 7 you need the whole team to play well not just one surprise player. However, I agree that Hood and Favors need to step up big.

Jazz got pride and will fight to the end it will be Rocky 4 for us, we will be Rocky not Creed. In a side note was it just me that thought that geezer Hubie Brown was a clipper fan while doing commentary in game 6 i had to mute that fool. Also here is to Rivers jump shot cooling off and Crawford's too. They can't stay hot and we can't stay cold. Go jazz !

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

Nervously excited for the game. I know the Jazz can and should win. My big concern is are they going to show up and compete or have they already packed it in and given up mentally?

Here's something. Last night when I met Gobert I asked him how his ankle was feeling. He said it was good, that he'd be ready Sunday. And it was pretty cool, he looked right at me, looked right into my eyes, and I told him I believed in him and the team and said they could do it on Sunday. He had this look on his face like he knew it. And it was like he was feeding off the encouragement a bit. It was an unusual moment. The guy is intense. He wants to win. Usually people just sign autographs and get the hell out of there. Rudy actually looked at me and we had an exchange like two humans. He was actually listening to what I was saying and responding.

Oh, and he legit laughed when I concluded with "You might make me have to skip church." (In truth, I'l be out by 1:30 anyway.)

I know, a goofy fanboy moment in many ways. But it was pretty cool. Win or lose tomorrow, that's a dude who truly wants to win and believes in himself.

Does Rudy know you're stalking him?

5 hours until game time, gonna spend it walking around the office pretending to be interested in work. Then settle in for the tip off.

Hayward is averaging 27.4 PPG and 8.2 RPG this series minus his 3-point food poisoning game.

Not to mention 44% from three on 6.4 attempts a game.

Superstar status.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app