What's new

Playoff Game 7: Jazz @ Clippers Sun 4/30/17 1:30 PM ABC

If we win twice, the chance of winning a third time is lower than if we won only once? Or lost the previous game? I don't think there is any evidence to back this up.

I figure it's hard to win three in a row against a good team, especially one that learns how you're playing and adjusts.

Here's some fun trivia. Utah played 8 Sunday road games this season and won 4, including wins against the Griz and Wizards. We had one loss on a Sunday v the Clippers, but without Hayward. The Clippers played 9 Sunday games this season. They lost 6, including 2 of 5 at home. If days of the week mean anything, this might be significant. But maybe not. :)

By this time tomorrow we will know whether we're going to the City, or going fishing. Let's do the improbable, Jazz.

IDK if I will be able to watch anymore playoffs if teh Jazz lose tomorrow. I really want to see this team play GSW.

Here's something. Last night when I met Gobert I asked him how his ankle was feeling. He said it was good, that he'd be ready Sunday. And it was pretty cool, he looked right at me, looked right into my eyes, and I told him I believed in him and the team and said they could do it on Sunday. He had this look on his face like he knew it. And it was like he was feeding off the encouragement a bit. It was an unusual moment. The guy is intense. He wants to win. Usually people just sign autographs and get the hell out of there. Rudy actually looked at me and we had an exchange like two humans. He was actually listening to what I was saying and responding.

Oh, and he legit laughed when I concluded with "You might make me have to skip church." (In truth, I'l be out by 1:30 anyway.)

I know, a goofy fanboy moment in many ways. But it was pretty cool. Win or lose tomorrow, that's a dude who truly wants to win and believes in himself.

The fact that Hood/Ingles shot so badly might lure the Clips into leaving them open again. If they can start connecting, we can win this. It's really just a matter of making open looks.

There were open looks in the first half. Then we gave them hope. Then, Mostly contested in the second.

There were open looks in the first half. Then we gave them hope. Then, Mostly contested in the second.

I hope you're right. Both have been shooting terribly. I can understand Ingles, because he has been doing so much else on both ends of the floor, but Hood has no excuse and is just not playing well.

IDK if I will be able to watch anymore playoffs if teh Jazz lose tomorrow. I really want to see this team play GSW.

I would probably watch the finals but that's about it. I only really care about the jazz anyways so...

image.gif

I'm not even worried about tomorrow. We've been the better team for 5 of 6 games in this series. No reason to think we won't be tomorrow. I'm ready for Tuesday at GSW. Time to end Deandre Jordan's season. Maybe he can go from moving screens to a moving van service. He can pack the van for Doc, Blake and Chris to leave LA

Am I the only one that finds it strange that game 7 and game 1 (round 2 If the jazz had won friday) were scheduled not only the same day, but at the same time? IMO, the NBA was forcing a sunday game 1 with that schedule.