What's new

Please read this! SLC Dunk- Black Lives Matter

Well for what it's worth, I've helped change the lives of and employed more than 250 African Americans in the last 6 years who were trying to be successful. I remember each and every one of their names and am proud of each of them for their accomplishments.

What have you done to make change? Nothing? Well, you could just admit that you don't support the idea behind it.
Lol, glad you assume nothing. I've done plenty, like helping change SLC police policy about releasing video footage to the public after police shootings. If what you said is correct, that's cool and good for you. You own a business? Why do you specifically employ black people?

Do you think there is systematic racism?

Lol, glad you assume nothing. I've done plenty, like helping change SLC police policy about releasing video footage to the public after police shootings. If what you said is correct, that's cool and good for you. You own a business? Why do you specifically employ black people?

Nope just racism and it goes both ways. For example as a white male (who didn’t vote for Trump) I am afraid to where a red hat that says “Make America Great Again” not that I want to but still it’s not right. I cannot even imagine what would happen if I wore that hat at an area such as the inner city of Chicago or LA.

Teaching lies such as “institutional racism” only emboldens people to beat the **** out of some for wearing a hat that says “Make America Great Again” . It’s not ok. Unfortunately racism exists. And it’s on ALL sides.

We need to fight it when it occurs at each individual case.

I thought you lived in Beijing or somewhere like that? You from Utah?

Nope just racism and it goes both ways. For example as a white male (who didn’t vote for Trump) I am afraid to where a red hat that says “Make America Great Again” not that I want to but still it’s not right. I cannot even imagine what would happen if I wore that hat at an area such as the inner city of Chicago or LA.

Teaching lies such as “institutional racism” only emboldens people to beat the **** out of some for wearing a hat that says “Make America Great Again” . It’s not ok. Unfortunately racism exists. And it’s on ALL sides.

We need to fight it when it occurs at each individual case.
No, you are simply pretending those are issues. There isn't racism happening towards you.

There is a lot of factual evidence of real racism that effects people in a real way.

No, you are simply pretending those are issues. There isn't racism happening towards you.

There is a lot of factual evidence of real racism that effects people in a real way.

Right because I don’t wear the hat. But it does happen to other people who do wear the Maga hats. People get assaulted just for wearing Maga hats. IE there is racism towards white people in a real way.

Right because I don’t wear the hat. But it does happen to other people who do wear the Maga hats. People get assaulted just for wearing Maga hats. IE there is racism towards white people in a real way.
Or people just hate people they perceive as racist, which is pretty easy to draw from wearing that hat.

That's not racism, lol.

You're trying to make up some thing to pretend to be a victim just to lesson real issues to people.

I heard a statistic today that for every black man killed by police, nearly 1,000 are murdered by other black men. I've also read that homicide is the 4th leading cause of death for black males in America.

Has the Black Lives Matter movement spoken much about violent crime within urban black communities?

In addition to exposing and protesting police brutality, what exactly is the BLM movement trying to achieve?

I heard a statistic today that for every black man killed by police, nearly 1,000 are murdered by other black men. I've also read that homicide is the 4th leading cause of death for black males in America.

Has the Black Lives Matter movement spoken much about violent crime within urban black communities?

In addition to exposing and protesting police brutality, what exactly is the BLM movement trying to achieve?
Murders are being punished when caught. This is a completely different issue that has a system in place and is trending towards the better. Police who murder and assault people are getting away with it. I would suggest going to the black lives matter website if you want to read what they stand for and are doing.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Do they have to? It’s a specific movement against policing methods. I’m sure once some gains there are made they can look at other areas.

Nothing so arrogant, and racist, as a bunch of white people sitting around saying “well, those Black people have internal societal issues that plague most poverty-bound cultures, so they have no right to stand up and complain about police killing them every now and then”.

Let me guess, your also in the camp of “If they had not committed the crime they wouldn’t have this issue to start with?”

I’m white, republican, and live in Texas. I’m also tired of hearing these complete BS excuses. You know what else a LOT of black people so? Serve in our military. When I was in Iraq, I was embedded with an Army unit. Almost 70% black. My greatest mentors in the military (Colonels and Generals), were black.

I had a black kid from our ward house-sit for us once while we were on vacation. He made me call every neighbor AND have an HOA send out a notice 2 weeks prior, because he was afraid of someone calling the police on him and him getting killed.

This is about great kids who are, literally, afraid to live the same way that ANY of our kids can live.

The hat doesn't have anything to do with your skin color though. A black guy wearing a maga hat would get hated on. So would a white guy. So would a Mexican. And so on.

You get hated on for wearing a maga hat because that shows that you support a giant douchebag, not because of your race. Can't believe I had to explain that one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

1) It's not racism to get a response for be provocative.
2) A lot less than happens to black people who where symbols of black liberation in white meighborhoods.

Teaching lies such as “institutional racism” ...

Institutional raciam has been tested, measured, and examined about as thoroughly on a scientific basis as any social phenomenon can be. To deny it is like denying the earth is round.

only emboldens people to beat the **** out of some for wearing a hat that says “Make America Great Again” .

How many stories can you come up with of people actually getting beaten for wearing a hat? 1/5 the number of police teargassing peaceful protesters? 1/10th?

n8fjWFz.png
Wow! Spectacular! Thanks for sharing. It is incredibly reassuring to hear that some people still get it. I'm certain that the usual suspects are going to attack this piece. I will be interested to see where they believe the weaknesses are. On first read, I don't see them at all.

Another good article in regards to this, we must do better as the good fans #blacklivesmatter

Do they have to? It’s a specific movement against policing methods. I’m sure once some gains there are made they can look at other areas.

Nothing so arrogant, and racist, as a bunch of white people sitting around saying “well, those Black people have internal societal issues that plague most poverty-bound cultures, so they have no right to stand up and complain about police killing them every now and then”.

Let me guess, your also in the camp of “If they had not committed the crime they wouldn’t have this issue to start with?”

I’m white, republican, and live in Texas. I’m also tired of hearing these complete BS excuses. You know what else a LOT of black people so? Serve in our military. When I was in Iraq, I was embedded with an Army unit. Almost 70% black. My greatest mentors in the military (Colonels and Generals), were black.

I had a black kid from our ward house-sit for us once while we were on vacation. He made me call every neighbor AND have an HOA send out a notice 2 weeks prior, because he was afraid of someone calling the police on him and him getting killed.

This is about great kids who are, literally, afraid to live the same way that ANY of our kids can live.

I don't disagree with anything you've said here. I'm trying to understand the scope of the Black Lives Matter movement. It's a pretty broad phrase, to be honest, and I didn't realize it was focused on police brutality and violence by other people against black Americans.

As recently as 20 years ago, there were neighborhoods in the U.S. where literally 1 in every 3 young black men were getting murdered by the age of 23. To me, that's a devastating statistic that shouldn't be overlooked, but maybe that's a different topic.

Another nice thing I saw was all the local companies and the Jazz paid to have a full page Black Lives Matter ADs in the Deseret News and Salt Lake Tribune as well as the border at the bottom of both as well yesterday
E17AD021-A319-4E96-8FAF-88B337BE63A6.jpeg 206BFEA7-3416-4DCB-8767-0748E8BBA4EC.jpeg

Wow! Spectacular! Thanks for sharing. It is incredibly reassuring to hear that some people still get it. I'm certain that the usual suspects are going to attack this piece. I will be interested to see where they believe the weaknesses are. On first read, I don't see them at all.

What would be the point of dissecting the stupidity?

The hat doesn't have anything to do with your skin color though. A black guy wearing a maga hat would get hated on. So would a white guy. So would a Mexican. And so on.

You get hated on for wearing a maga hat because that shows that you support a giant douchebag, not because of your race. Can't believe I had to explain that one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

so it’s strictly skin color? Or is it culture to? Honest question. This is were things get convoluted to me.

By that metric George Floyd was killed for his skin color alone? Obviously not, again context matters. I can’t believe I have to say this but. You should never get to assault anyone for wearing any hat period. Just because you deem someone “racist” doesn’t give you the right to assault them.

It’s pretty simple let’s take all the evidence for each case of evil and prosecute accordingly.