What's new

Please read this! SLC Dunk- Black Lives Matter

It only seems to pop up when it's white on black issues, never when it's black on black.

Actually, it's authorities (especially police) on black. It's not like you see protests organized around interracial bar fights.

I don't know of anyone who says that *any* criticism is wrong. However, many people who want to protests to go away for racist reasons will try to portrays their questions as not being racist.

I don't mind protests at all, for many topics. I do not agree with radical rioting and burning down the very livelihoods of the people these rioters supposedly are fighting for. It takes the narrative away from what is important and doesn't allow for proper dialogue to fix or address the actual problems at hand.

I don't mind protests at all, for many topics. I do not agree with radical rioting and burning down the very livelihoods of the people these rioters supposedly are fighting for. It takes the narrative away from what is important and doesn't allow for proper dialogue to fix or address the actual problems at hand.

That's one reason so many protesters are calling out the rioters and looters, and sometimes protecting the police. Don't confuse the rioting with the tactics of BlackLivesMatter.

Context Matters. Saying Black lives matter incites that they didn’t before. Of course they matter, they always have. Isn’t it that pretty clear when I say All lives matter?

look it’s clear we don’t agree on this issue. All I am trying to say is to me the article is racist. Racism is a two way street and as long as we see people as black, white, brown and yellow. There will be racism, in other words we will be divided.
Black lives have absolutely not been created equal through the entirety of this countries history.

I won't call you anything but .......
View attachment 9454

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
In all fairness, if you make any of the other statements in that post nobody denounces you. If the breast cancer foundation is focused on talcum powder lawsuits and you point out that giving some attention other leading causes of breast cancer might make some sense nobody tells you that you're an out of touch, insensitive jerk. If you point to statistics that indicate that the general trend of a specific cause of cancer has been improving and that the vast majority of cancer doctors are very dedicated to properly handling the disease you aren't vilified. If you notice that some of the breast cancer activists are doing things like tatooing other body parts or destroying organs they don't particularly like you are not considered to be a bad person. When it comes to BLM if you do anything other than agree completely with everything they say, and capitulate immediately to all of their demands you are apparently, in their eyes, a racist. It is unlikely that we can make the necessary progress until the dialogue on both sides improves significantly.

What a convenient excuse to pigeonhole all Jazz fans and remove his Jazz gear. Land of the free New York City, here he comes. Good riddance, ya ****ing baby.
It has certainly become very clear Donovan is super immature. Every player/teams page has those comments. Go check the last Lakers post. It’s whatever, he needs to grow up. If comments on social media get you that up tight you’re either looking for excuses to leave, or you’re really super immature.

It has certainly become very clear Donovan is super immature. Every player/teams page has those comments. Go check the last Lakers post. It’s whatever, he needs to grow up. If comments on social media get you that up tight you’re either looking for excuses to leave, or you’re really super immature.

What are you talking about? What did I miss?

In all fairness, if you make any of the other statements in that post nobody denounces you. If the breast cancer foundation is focused on talcum powder lawsuits and you point out that giving some attention other leading causes of breast cancer might make some sense nobody tells you that you're an out of touch, insensitive jerk. If you point to statistics that indicate that the general trend of a specific cause of cancer has been improving and that the vast majority of cancer doctors are very dedicated to properly handling the disease you aren't vilified. If you notice that some of the breast cancer activists are doing things like tatooing other body parts or destroying organs they don't particularly like you are not considered to be a bad person. When it comes to BLM if you do anything other than agree completely with everything they say, and capitulate immediately to all of their demands you are apparently, in their eyes, a racist. It is unlikely that we can make the necessary progress until the dialogue on both sides improves significantly.
If you say what about colon cancer after someone mentions breast cancer awareness, then yes, I think you receive some criticism.

Same for the Vegas shootings and Boston strong

What are you talking about? What did I miss?
So on the Jazz Instagram, there were comments of “all lives matter” and some stupid ignorant comments about the “black lives matter” post the Jazz put up. Donovan saw them, even replies to a few of those idiots, after which, he changed his twitter and Instagram background and profile pic to him out of a Jazz uniform, as well as deleted his most recent pic on IG of him celebrating with the crowd. Like, I understand the comments probably upset him but all you have to do is look at other players and teams comments sections on posts like that and those idiots exist there too.

If you say what about colon cancer after someone mentions breast cancer awareness, then yes, I think you receive some criticism.

You absolutely do lol. If there’s a shooting in Vegas, and you’re posting “Denver strong” under a post about it, you will get pushback as you should lol.

Doubtful, but even if you do it would not be anywhere in the same league with the reaction people get to saying that all lives matter.

So on the Jazz Instagram, there were comments of “all lives matter” and some stupid ignorant comments about the “black lives matter” post the Jazz put up. Donovan saw them, even replies to a few of those idiots, after which, he changed his twitter and Instagram background and profile pic to him out of a Jazz uniform, as well as deleted his most recent pic on IG of him celebrating with the crowd. Like, I understand the comments probably upset him but all you have to do is look at other players and teams comments sections on posts like that and those idiots exist there too.

Well yeah, its obvious he's kind of a bitch.

I would agree with a lot of this. Seems like both sides are seeing an extremely complicated and nuanced matter in complete black and white. Which is moronic.

Had Mitchell changed to wearing another team's uniform, a comparison to that team would be apt. As it is, just saying "we're only just as terrible as anyone else" doesn't really detract from how terrible we are, and I find Mitchell's response of disgust appropriate.

Doubtful, but even if you do it would not be anywhere in the same league with the reaction people get to saying that all lives matter.

That's because there's much less of a history and after effects regarding the enslavement of people from Boston or with breast cancer. The reaction is also dependent upon this history.

You are entitled to your opinion
In this very thread someone posted all lives matter and the worst thing that happened was someone called him a dumbass which is what I would do if someone said Chicago strong in response to Boston strong or said colon cancer awareness in response to breast cancer awareness.