What's new

Point Guard Situation

Bill Simmons talked about what a POS Fisher was/is on his podcast today. He talked about how everyone in the NBA agrees Derek Fisher basically lied his way out of Utah.

I'm just so happy to have Bills podcast back, they are all so good.

I really want us to go out and find a vet pg for a one year rental. The single biggest factor holding us back from making the playoffs is our pg play.

I'm just so happy to have Bills podcast back, they are all so good.

I really want us to go out and find a vet pg for a one year rental. The single biggest factor holding us back from making the playoffs is our pg play.

Well right now the biggest factor holding Utah back is the fact it's preseason. It's way too early to complain about PG play when the regular season hasn't started.

Last edited:
Well right now the biggest factor holding Utah back is the fact it's preseason. It's way too early to complain about PG play when the regular season hasn't started.

Nah, I think it's perfectly fine to say that we have the worst PG rotation in the nba.

Nah, I think it's perfectly fine to say that we have the worst PG rotation in the nba.

Even if I were to agree, how do you know it's stopping the Jazz from making the playoffs? You really don't know what you're getting from Neto, how much if any Burke has improved, and one bad preseason game isn't enough to bury Cotton(although the fact that he just played his first mins because Burke sat isn't ba good sign he'll make the team).

Again way to early in preseason to make any solid statement about the PG's on the roster.

Our point guards suck.
I think that is pretty obvious

Neto is intriguing as a back up pg. That's the only good thing I can say about our point guards.

Even if I were to agree, how do you know it's stopping the Jazz from making the playoffs? .

I would say is obvious. Not just the PG positron but among other things like depth off the bench and experience. Look at the point guards playing for the top teams in the west and then compare them to the Jazz PG. Where do we stand? Not too hard to figure out where we're lacking.

I would say is obvious. Not just the PG positron but among other things like depth off the bench and experience. Look at the point guards playing for the top teams in the west and then compare them to the Jazz PG. Where do we stand? Not too hard to figure out where we're lacking.

You are predicting that the PG spot as the weaknesses of this team. Which given all the info up until now makes sense. However we've seen countless number of times were a player grows and becomes an unexpected asset. You have 3 young players and it's not beyond unrealistic that the light comes on for one and they greatly exceed expectations.

My point is how can talk as if something has already happened well before it has? His comment wasn't a prediction it was a statement as if it's happen already.

Yes, that is the most obvious weak point right now. But with Dante back next year and Neto looking like he has a chance to be solid, in two years we could be sitting pretty with what we have now.

You are predicting that the PG spot as the weaknesses of this team. Which given all the info up until now makes sense. However we've seen countless number of times were a player grows and becomes an unexpected asset. You have 3 young players and it's not beyond unrealistic that the light comes on for one and they greatly exceed expectations.

My point is how can talk as if something has already happened well before it has? His comment wasn't a prediction it was a statement as if it's happen already.

Its obvious our point guards suck to everyone but you.

Its obvious our point guards suck to everyone but you.

Can you at least read? I never said I thought the Jazz PG's did or didn't suck. My point has been how can you say that they are preventing the Jazz from making the playoffs when the season hasn't even started?

Can you at least read? I never said I thought the Jazz PG's did or didn't suck. My point has been how can you say that they are preventing the Jazz from making the playoffs when the season hasn't even started?
So you think they suck too?
Glad we are all in agreement