What's new

Point Guard Situation

I'd love to get Lillard, but he's the guy the are building around now.

As far as our point guards... the time to get a one year rental has passed for now. We will roll with our current guys which I am fine with. Trey is streaky, but if he stops shooting on his off nights he won't lose us games and on the nights he is hot (although they may be few) we almost always win. Neto will change a few games with his defense and passing, but won't kill us either. If these guys aren't working out there may be teams that once they realize the playoffs aren't happening will sell off guys for cheap around the trade deadline. Possible guys we could get would be Darren Collison, Avery Bradley, George Hill, Kemba Walker (not my favorite personally), Jeremy Lin... there are probably others.

Some bigger names could become available if teams decided to blow it up Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio (not a fan personally). If something really weird happens Bledsoe and Teague might become available if we went big.

Right now we just have to wait and see though.

I wonder which PG's we could go get and not give up too much...

by definition trash ones if we're not giving up much. The only scenario i see is if a team has blown up and wants to dump players at the trade deadline. Can't see it happening though if the 3 wing policy works.

I'd love to get Lillard, but he's the guy the are building around now.

As far as our point guards... the time to get a one year rental has passed for now. We will roll with our current guys which I am fine with. Trey is streaky, but if he stops shooting on his off nights he won't lose us games and on the nights he is hot (although they may be few) we almost always win. Neto will change a few games with his defense and passing, but won't kill us either. If these guys aren't working out there may be teams that once they realize the playoffs aren't happening will sell off guys for cheap around the trade deadline. Possible guys we could get would be Darren Collison, Avery Bradley, George Hill, Kemba Walker (not my favorite personally), Jeremy Lin... there are probably others.

Some bigger names could become available if teams decided to blow it up Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio (not a fan personally). If something really weird happens Bledsoe and Teague might become available if we went big.

Right now we just have to wait and see though.
I think lowry would look great with the jazz

It's pretty clear that Neto is the most pure point guard on this team. The rest do about as much for you as a bucket full of seed on a barren wasteland of cacti and empty houses that used to be where you lived but now it's nothing but shack sitting there with its door hanging off. Burke is clutch though.

- Craig

It's pretty clear that Neto is the most pure point guard on this team. The rest do about as much for you as a bucket full of seed on a barren wasteland of cacti and empty houses that used to be where you lived but now it's nothing but shack sitting there with its door hanging off. Burke is clutch though.

- Craig

Like Burke, you peaked about 4 years ago.

This is supposed to be Trey Burke's big opportunity, his second lease on life. He might hit it in the regular season, but it's not looking real good right now. At least he hit a corner 3 tonight.

You are predicting that the PG spot as the weaknesses of this team. Which given all the info up until now makes sense. However we've seen countless number of times were a player grows and becomes an unexpected asset. You have 3 young players and it's not beyond unrealistic that the light comes on for one and they greatly exceed expectations.

My point is how can talk as if something has already happened well before it has? His comment wasn't a prediction it was a statement as if it's happen already.

I'm not saying that Jazz point guards don't show upside to their game, they do. I'm saying that right now, in this moment, we have very little. You state that we have 3 young players and it's not unrealistic that the light comes on for one. Your right, the light should come on for one of them. But even then, what's the potential and ceiling of them? Superstar level? How long do we as a team wait for a light to come on. How long do we sit in the dark at the PG position? Our offense is going in a good direction, but it's the kind of offense that needs to be fueled at the PG positron. While we wait for things to click at the PG position, other teams in the west are going to eat up the match up. We don't have time to wait for a light to come on. We need an immediate impact at the PG position. I think we have good talent, but I don't know of we have talent of a future superstar. Not saying we don't, but I don't see it. Not being negative just real.

I'm not saying that Jazz point guards don't show upside to their game, they do. I'm saying that right now, in this moment, we have very little. You state that we have 3 young players and it's not unrealistic that the light comes on for one. Your right, the light should come on for one of them. But even then, what's the potential and ceiling of them? Superstar level? How long do we as a team wait for a light to come on. How long do we sit in the dark at the PG position? Our offense is going in a good direction, but it's the kind of offense that needs to be fueled at the PG positron. While we wait for things to click at the PG position, other teams in the west are going to eat up the match up. We don't have time to wait for a light to come on. We need an immediate impact at the PG position. I think we have good talent, but I don't know of we have talent of a future superstar. Not saying we don't, but I don't see it. Not being negative just real.

Actually it's not the type of offense "fueled by the PG". Hayward was the primary ball handler last year as Exum pretty much just played on one side of the ball. Snyder wants a offensives system built on ball movement. They already have spent solid mins running a non PG lineup in the preseason.

So even if the production from the PG's are subpar like last year it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to hold the team back from making the playoffs. Which has been my whole point to began with.

This is supposed to be Trey Burke's big opportunity, his second lease on life. He might hit it in the regular season, but it's not looking real good right now. At least he hit a corner 3 tonight.

Trey hit those shots last preseason and then shot it poorly in the regular season. Hopefully for him it's the opposite this season. He'll need to sink those shots in this system are he may not be in the on this team(or the league) very long.

Trey hit those shots last preseason and then shot it poorly in the regular season. Hopefully for him it's the opposite this season. He'll need to sink those shots in this system are he may not be in the on this team(or the league) very long.

His spot up shots have looked to have a little better form. He had a tendency to drift which will cause inconsistency. I just hope he realizes that he needs to take better shots that's all.

Question for y'all.

How likely do you think it is that if PG lags and shooting is down that the Jazz go after a shooter and push the 3 wing lineup even more. Another shooter would take minutes from Ingles, Millsap and Johnson.

His spot up shots have looked to have a little better form. He had a tendency to drift which will cause inconsistency. I just hope he realizes that he needs to take better shots that's all.

Well if the three preseason games are any indication it appears Burke will take better shots. Especially playing with the starters.

Question for y'all.

How likely do you think it is that if PG lags and shooting is down that the Jazz go after a shooter and push the 3 wing lineup even more. Another shooter would take minutes from Ingles, Millsap and Johnson.
Good thought

Also, if preseason is any indication, he won't make them.
Fwiw trey is shooting 38% from the field and 31% from three (both rounded up) this pre season

Looking at the small sample size of pre season so far burks is leading the team in points per game (45% from the field) and assists per game and is only behind favors and Gobert in rebounding. (Burks is also leading the team in minutes per game)

Hood is shooting over 90% from the line

Derrick favors averages the most shot attempts per game, followed by hood, cotton (took ten shots in his only game), Hayward, trey burke, and then burks.

Withey is shooting a blistering 100% from the field (1-1)

Trey burke leads the team in turnovers

Favors leads the team in steals and blocks

Joe ingles leads the team in plus minus followed by withey and millsap

Question for y'all.

don't try to get the scoop on me, braugh.