Votes: 30 50.8%
  • No, keep him in the starting lineup and see if he turns it around

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Bear with him and be hopeful that he turns it around next season

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Play him but actively pursue moving him behind the scene

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
You want to retain your good players. We did sign Bojan this offseason, Mudiay came here because he wanted to be here... you don't want to be the organization that tried to bench Mike Conley in an failed effort to get him to not pick up his option. Especially here in Utah where its an up hill battle.

Its a stupid strategy/idea.

You’re using Mudiay as an example. Jesus Christ.

You’re using Mudiay as an example. Jesus Christ.
He asked I gave Bojan and Mudiay... the poster in question thinks very highly of Mudiay... so that is part of why I used it... sometimes when people play chess it looks dumb to checkers people.

He just won NBA teammate of the year award
This is how the Jazz might treat him?
Terrible way to end Conleys career
this is pathetic. i was waiting for the conley homer to say something like "he won MVP/FMVP award" or "he was an allstar" something down those lines. but best thing you guys can pull from his career is "teammate of the year". sports franchise are ran to compete, no to reward guys for being nice human beings. save that for charity.

Conley made some 3's but his presence on the floor in other ways really hurts the Jazz. He sucks on defense, and the way he runs the offense he doesn't involve other guys. Sometimes Donovan takes bad shots but at least he involves other guys including Mike. But can you think of a time Mike finds Donovan? Mike has got to go. Many of us have been saying this a long time. How long is it going to take for the Jazz to realize it? Probably until next season.

Conley made some 3's but his presence on the floor in other ways really hurts the Jazz. He sucks on defense, and the way he runs the offense he doesn't involve other guys. Sometimes Donovan takes bad shots but at least he involves other guys including Mike. But can you think of a time Mike finds Donovan? Mike has got to go. Many of us have been saying this a long time. How long is it going to take for the Jazz to realize it? Probably until next season.
Conley puts us asleep and our shooters out of rythim and on defense is a midget

You want to retain your good players. We did sign Bojan this offseason, Mudiay came here because he wanted to be here... you don't want to be the organization that tried to bench Mike Conley in an failed effort to get him to not pick up his option. Especially here in Utah where its an up hill battle.

Its a stupid strategy/idea.
This is like just your opinion man. Your post is stupid. How about them apples?

You haven't provided adequate examples to back your point that the good will this organization has payed dividends.

Let's reavaluate Bogey in a year before we consider he's worth more than his contract. And regardless, he may have signed here because we offered him the most money. Our good will may have had nothing to do with it.

And as I've said before, any of the goodwill we built by resurrecting Mudiay's career was completely shot after he proved how valuable he became in our system and Quin benched him.

We're the nicest organization in the league, and Hayward still left.

It would be cool if you would provide real examples of how we are putting all of our good will to good use before calling my idea stupid.

It's a 45M dollar loss, but the Jazz should really just cut Mike, I mean they wasted about the same amount on Grosstertag. And I liked the idea of Mike and was for the trade since Rubio was not going to get us anywhere. But, I was so over it before trade deadline, had admitted I was wrong, and was hoping they would do something since it was obvious that it just wasn't a fit chemistry/defense wise. If they keep him this whole year, it might end up costing them Mitchell. It's already going to be tough due to the draw of brighter lights. If Mike got released, I think it would help Joe who started unbelievably slow and faded. What would really help Joe though, is earning his 15M by working in the offseason to stay in shape, maybe even do a plyometric or two to increase his otherworldy 2" vertical, so that he actually has enough gas to try for the occasional rebound. It's possible Golden State will have a better record than Utah post AS break if this freak show continues.

I have never had a perception of a player be so wrong than what I felt Mike Conley was on the basketball court. Before this season my opinion of Mike was:

A high BB IQ player.
Mature player with solid fundamentals
A true floor general on the court
Clutch shooter

I have never seen a player be more of a let down than Mike. I knew his size was going to be an issue on defense but I thought his command on the offensive side would somewhat offset.

All I can hope for is that he somehow wants out of this situation and has the guts to opt out. That is the only way we can somehow save the situation.

I can't vote cause the talkatap app doesn't show it. I vote yes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is like just your opinion man. Your post is stupid. How about them apples?

You haven't provided adequate examples to back your point that the good will this organization has payed dividends.

Let's reavaluate Bogey in a year before we consider he's worth more than his contract. And regardless, he may have signed here because we offered him the most money. Our good will may have had nothing to do with it.

And as I've said before, any of the goodwill we built by resurrecting Mudiay's career was completely shot after he proved how valuable he became in our system and Quin benched him.

We're the nicest organization in the league, and Hayward still left.

It would be cool if you would provide real examples of how we are putting all of our good will to good use before calling my idea stupid.
You’re right benching a guy and killing his market value to get him to opt out of millions of dollars he’ll never get back will definitely work... he won’t just opt in and demand a trade... nba players don’t do that...

it will also be nice to be in the same class as trash organizations like the knicks and kings...

I gave you a few examples from this year... how many do you ****ing need... DM wanted to cone here... was excited to be here because of the strength of our organization... I realize he was picked in the draft but but in from young guys is important and he was 1000% in. Imagine drafting a guy after pulling some trashy shady **** like you are proposing... dudes would act like Trey Lyles and pout they way out of town.

We haven’t had a lot of opportunities in the FA market because we didn’t have space and weren’t really looking to do so.

Please give me examples where organizations did guys dirty like this and what it got them.

GTFO man this is one of the stupidest proposals ever.

You’re right benching a guy and killing his market value to get him to opt out of millions of dollars he’ll never get back will definitely work... he won’t just opt in and demand a trade... nba players don’t do that...

it will also be nice to be in the same class as trash organizations like the knicks and kings...

I gave you a few examples from this year... how many do you ****ing need... DM wanted to cone here... was excited to be here because of the strength of our organization... I realize he was picked in the draft but but in from young guys is important and he was 1000% in. Imagine drafting a guy after pulling some trashy shady **** like you are proposing... dudes would act like Trey Lyles and pout they way out of town.

We haven’t had a lot of opportunities in the FA market because we didn’t have space and weren’t really looking to do so.

Please give me examples where organizations did guys dirty like this and what it got them.

GTFO man this is one of the stupidest proposals ever.
I wouldn't make a habit of treating players badly but once in a great while when it wouldn't hurt the team and may even help, you got to do what you got to do.

They traded both Favors and Crowder, two guys who wanted to be here, to get Mike who didn't want to be here. And let go Ricky, who also wanted to be here. Udoh also was let go. All four liked it here and wanted to be here, and we could use all four of them too -- I was advocating for Ricky off the bench last year, a role in which he could've been very useful in a number of games where we lost because of big runs by the opponents.

Instead, we get a guy who is supposed to be a big piece who is not only playing like crap but destroying the great chemistry the team had last year. The Front Office is definitely to blame, and maybe Quin too if he supported it. They need to own up and bench Mike to acknowledge their mistake. And I think "Mistake Mike" is a great nickname we can use to voice our displeasure.

The Conley trade hurts beyond his own suckage. It’s the fact he cost us our toughest players (favors and crowder) and a guy who had great chemistry with the team (rubio). So even if we could trash him this offseason, the damage will take years to fix. Favors was a top 3 pick and the true prize from the dwill trade.

Mike staying here is a negative aura, cut him break ties and watch the other players pick up where we left off in our huge winning streak, without Mistake Mike.