What's new

PoS fan who harassed Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bawse Dawg

We won’t be shaking any stereotypes anytime soon. Terrible look. If Trump turns this dude into a martyr that would be such a terrible look for the team.

Has since made his account private.

We won’t be shaking any stereotypes anytime soon. Terrible look. If Trump turns this dude into a martyr that would be such a terrible look for the team.

Has since made his account private.
Wait I'm confused, how did this guy like... point himself out saying "I'm that guy"?

Edit: sorry didnt see the video load before

yeah my first reaction was the guy deserves it if that's what he said.

But still, Russ has to be smarter than to threaten violence

I think this guy loses his job over this one. If he worked for me he would.

I think the Jazz will condemn and distance soon. Twitter history if true is pretty ugly coupled with tonight's allegation.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

This kind of thing just hurts SLC’s reputation more in terms of attracting African American athletes to sign up or get drafted. So I think it’s in Jazz’s best interest to investigate if true and take strong actions against it.

I mean your team is full of very successful African American players. And they had given you the strength and value. What kind of a mind is that to still dig up racist crap out of today’s occasions?

I don't know if the fan said what he said or not. The Jazz should interview everyone around and find out. If he said anything out of line then ban him. but Westbrook was out of line as well. There is NOTHING racist about what was said, and he hid behind the race card to deflect from the fact that he has thin skin and overreacted. He hears something wrong, then tell the security and have them deal with it.

This has become a real problem now, the Jazz FO need to hire a dozen PC monitors to sit next to and around the opposition bench, taking a ZERO tolerance policy towards anyone yelling anything inappropriate at or towards the opposition.

This stigma is starting to cost our TEAM! These incidents kill our ability to attract free agents and hard to retain our own players!

The Jazz FO are going to have to go above and beyond to fix this and its going to take YEARS!! and every single isolated incident like today will sets us all the way back to square one!

JazzNation needs to take its head out of the sand, acknowledge and address this issue.

I don't know if the fan said what he said or not. The Jazz should interview everyone around and find out. If he said anything out of line then ban him. but Westbrook was out of line as well. There is NOTHING racist about what was said, and he hid behind the race card to deflect from the fact that he has thin skin and overreacted. He hears something wrong, then tell the security and have them deal with it.

So, you dont know what was said but you're sure:
"There is NOTHING racist about what was said"

Ok.

This kind of thing just hurts SLC’s reputation more in terms of attracting African American athletes to sign up or get drafted. So I think it’s in Jazz’s best interest to investigate if true and take strong actions against it.

I mean your team is full of very successful African American players. And they had given you the strength and value. What kind of a mind is that to still dig up racist crap out of today’s occasions?

They need to do more than investigate. Theres a huge image issue and they need to be proactive and guarantee from this day moving forward incidents like this never happen again.

It's a shame that there seems to be a very vocal minority of fans who think it's ok to go to games and say stuff like this guy did as it ruins the reputation of the majority of Jazz fans who go to games. Hopefully the Jazz organisation come down hard on guys like this, I think Elan makes a very valid point about how dumbass fans making comments like this guy hurts the Jazz even more as a FA destination. Already a small market team with not much of the traditional NBA lifestyles on offer, don't need dumbasses like this handicapping the team's chances to land FAs even more.

Shane is that you?

Status
Not open for further replies.