What's new

Post your favorite GIF or animation here!

Stair-skiing-Imgur.gif

Jokes on him. It was on the way down. Goal tend, and two points to granny

I think I might T his *** up on that taunt as well. **** better get his game face on and buckle down or he's gonna get beat by a 70 year old girl.

Moe Foe is blocked?

sexy... ( special for dalamon and One Brow) as I bet they are not happy with "narrow minded and biased social standards of sexiness VINYLONE is posting" ).
obese-treadmill-o.gif

Looks like no one was putting in work...

Q7Lt9DK.gif

Educational - How F-stops work...

MajesticClearcutBillygoat.gif

Sexy

Last edited:
That F-stop gif is misleading. F-stops have to do with aperture (the amount of light you're letting hit the sensor or film). The gif makes it seem like changing F-stops changes focal length (aka depth of field), which isn't true. If you change lenses to switch focal length, then the maximum F-stop you can use will change, which I think is what is happening in the gif. But they make it seem like changing F-stops is what directly changes focal length, which is just wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That F-stop gif is misleading. F-stops have to do with aperture (the amount of light you're letting hit the sensor or film). The gif makes it seem like changing F-stops changes focal length (aka depth of field), which isn't true. If you change lenses to switch focal length, then the maximum F-stop you can use will change, which I think is what is happening in the gif. But they make it seem like changing F-stops is what directly changes focal length, which is just wrong.

No, that's wrong. F stops are indeed used to change the depth of focus without changing the lens. The f number is the focal length divided by the diameter of the aperture. You can change f number either via focal length (changing the lens) or via f stop (changing the aperture). And its the f number that directly relates to depth of field, not focal length or aperture diameter.

The reason is that the f number relates directly to the angle at which light can approach the sensor, and a larger angle (lower f number, aka wider aperture) creates a shallower depth of field and a tighter focus. The reverse is also true, a shallower angle (higher f number, aka narrower aperture) allows a looser focus, which is why squinting helps people with poor eyesight make out words that seem blurry.

The f number also relates to the amount of light, as well, as you said, which affects how long of an exposure you need (lower f number leads to faster possible exposures).

We're gunna have to repossess your Super Spy Cam.