What's new

Potential additions for next year at SF/PF, PF/C

Rodions Kurucs would be a heck of a pull.

I like JaMychal Green too, I think he'd be a good fit with whats in place here. Maybe he wouldnt be great, but i'm sure he'd be solid.
Have been curious about Kurucs lately as young/cheap/potentially available. Confidence issues and legal troubles worry me a bit.

Have never been one of the JaMychal Green fans particularly, but I'm probably too low on him.

@idiot

Well done man. I love it broken down like this.

Simply for curiosity sake, could you add Horford to the same exact spreadsheet? I was wondering where he would stack up.
I'll try to get a little time to do this later. Reason I didn't add him initially was because I didn't want to go over $20M on contracts.

If anyone else has an request they'd like me to add to the list when I do Horford, let me know. I'll try to accommodate (within reason).

It was surprising too see Jae Crowder's iso defense stats are not that different from Niang's. Slightly worse actually. I will have a pass.

If Jerami Grant declines his option he would be a good addition with a slight overpay but he is getting good minutes and playing with Jokic so I doubt it.

Wood wants a place he can start. That's not happening with Bogey and his best position is 5.

Thad Yaoung was the worst finisher in the league at some point so I shudder at the thought.

Harkless seems to best option as a wing defender that can shoot some and he is not expensive.
I've generally thought adding Grant would be a great idea. Surprised me to see how low his RPM/PIPM numbers are this year and how badly he's rebounded the ball (which is one of our needs), however.

If you could somehow turn Bojan (or Conley, obviously) into Christian Wood then that would be a huge win.

The list of players that could play as a legit stretch/playmaking 4 next to Gobert AND back him up at the 5 on both sides of the ball is extremely short and he’s near the top of it. These things are of special importance since both the starting 4 spot and backup 5 have been the most-consistent weak spots on the roster this year, and the starting 4 spot has been bad since Millsap left (Faves isn’t a 4).

Of course if the Jazz can find a way to add him without sacrificing any of their top guys, then that is even better. But I don’t see that happening.

Last edited:
If you could somehow turn Bojan (or Conley, obviously) into Christian Wood then that would be a huge win.

The list of players that could play as a legit stretch/playmaking 4 next to Gobert AND back him up at the 5 on both sides of the ball is extremely short and he’s near the top of it. These things are of special importance since both the starting 4 spot and backup 5 have been the most-consistent weak spots on the roster this year, and the starting 4 spot has been bad since Millsap left (Faves isn’t a 4).

Of course if the Jazz can find a way to add him without sacrificing any of their top guys, then that is even better. But I don’t see that happening.
lol. AAANNND the Pistons have $40 million in cap in a bad free agency year with perhaps the dark horse for best player on the market as it is. Wood isn't going anywhere.

I think they come after Clarkson, too. Sit tight.

Added Horford and Hezonja (probably only because I saw him on the floor in the Blazers' game) to the list

1597384585452.png

Bringing back Favors probably fixes the majority of our bench problems tbh
I think it would help. Probably wouldn't go quite that far. Quin wants shooting. I don't think he'd play much at 4, except perhaps against AD/Giannis. While Favors is better than Bradley, the margin will continue to grow smaller next year and the next.

Added Horford and Hezonja (probably only because I saw him on the floor in the Blazers' game) to the list

View attachment 9670

Thank you @idiot

As I suspected, Horford is still one of the better big men in the league even in playing in a lineup that doesn't make much sense. I would imagine his shooting percentages would go up a bit if he wasn't stuck outside so much due to the presence of Embiid. Of course he would play outside in the minutes he would share with Gobert, but Horford would be an amazing piece to have whenever Gobert needs rest.

Conley for Horford and assets still has my interest for the reasons listed in this spreadsheet. The assets would have to make it worth it, but Horford is still a very good player.

Yall really think Wood is all that after showing out on a bottom feeding tank team?

I'm just not fully convinced yet. If I'm trading a guy like Bogey I would want more proven vet production and depth who fits the team better.

*That being said, I'm not fully aware of how Wood plays, but I don't think Utah is the easiest plug and play for 4's. You have to be able to play from the perimeter a lot and be able to play with Rudy*

Last edited: