What's new

Potential "Buy Low" Candidates

Release the Kraken

“How low can you go?”
Rodions Kurcucs is one guy that never achieved his potential in the NBA. Had some domestic dispute issues and some bad trade breaks. Still only 24 playing in Serbia. Atkinson unlocked some of his potential in Brooklyn - traded to Houston first I think, MIA from that point forward.

Jonathan Issac, depending on what you have to give up, low risk, potential high reward option. Much more talent than Hunter, Collins, OG or P Williams. Just needs to have some injury luck.

Cptgrnlngs22

I like Issac a lot too. Super long defender. Would be something good to get if we are trading Gobert.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

YoungJefe

Jonathan Issac, depending on what you have to give up, low risk, potential high reward option. Much more talent than Hunter, Collins, OG or P Williams. Just needs to have some injury luck.
Yeah the fact that he hasn't played since the bubble scares me but he's definitely talented.

I wonder if they'd entertain something like NAW/Royce for Isaac.

whatthe

That would be quite the deal. It’d be like Exum for Clarkson.
The Magic is owned by Disney. Isaac's politics was his injury. If he was on the Jazz I don't know if Donovan can get along with someone with a strong political opinion that doesn't align. But heh, Donovan may be the bigger man. I mean Karl loved guns and hunting and Utah tolerated him.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Not sexy at all but I'd give Thomas Bryant a minimum deal to be our backup center. He had a rough year coming back from his knee surgery but he plays hard. Good rim runner and can shoot it a bit. Defense is not great but good option for 12 minutes a night and a slightly different look than we've had.

Hekate

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
Not sexy at all but I'd give Thomas Bryant a minimum deal to be our backup center. He had a rough year coming back from his knee surgery but he plays hard. Good rim runner and can shoot it a bit. Defense is not great but good option for 12 minutes a night and a slightly different look than we've had.
He was my homer pick!

The last few games he was looking like his old self but obviously small sample size. It could turn out to be a great gamble, if it works out he can play 20-25 minutes depending on the match-up. His play is not stereotypical like players around his range.

The Magic is owned by Disney. Isaac's politics was his injury. If he was on the Jazz I don't know if Donovan can get along with someone with a strong political opinion that doesn't align. But heh, Donovan may be the bigger man. I mean Karl loved guns and hunting and Utah tolerated him.
I feel like I need to correct you there. The Magic are owned by the ultra conservative DeVos family. Remember Betsy DeVos, Trump’s deranged Secretary of Education? Isaac’s politics actually fit right in in Orlando.