What's new

Predict Gordon Hayward's contract structure thread

Maximum in year 1. $14.0mm.
Year #2. 12.95mm
Year #3. 11.98mm
Year #4. 11.08mm

$12.5mm average.

If that prediction comes true, I hope to hell he gets it in Boston. His contract should not average more than 8 million given his play this year. He may get as much as 10 million per, but I doubt he gets more.

I think the Jazz would match up to 4 yrs / $50M. It sounded like they were willing to do that last summer.

If someone really maxes him, I think you let him walk, but part of this might depend how we draft.

If someone else does the contract and we match it may be loaded heavy in the back end to make it more difficult on the Jazz to make them think twice about matching.

Just my opinion, other than that I think franklin is pretty close to what will most likely happen... like it or not.

I don't think this season really helped or hurt Gordon overall. He was basically asked to do too much, and he couldn't do it.

Incidentally, Hayward isn't a guy who shoots well off balance. He needs his feet and shoulders set, and I think his expanded role affected his ability to do that.

2014-2015 $13,701,250
2015-2016 $14,728,844
2016-2017 $15,756,438
2017-2018 $16,784,032
2018-2019 $17,811,626

This is what Paul George's contract looks like...Hayward should get the same after his amazing breakout season.

Reactions: MVP
2014-2015 $13,701,250
2015-2016 $14,728,844
2016-2017 $15,756,438
2017-2018 $16,784,032
2018-2019 $17,811,626

This is what Paul George's contract looks like...Hayward should get the same after his amazing breakout season.

Lay+It+On+Thick.png

If that prediction comes true, I hope to hell he gets it in Boston. His contract should not average more than 8 million given his play this year. He may get as much as 10 million per, but I doubt he gets more.

$11mm for Hayward in a year when cap revenue is conservatively estimated at $71-73mm will be nothing short of a steal.

I guarantee Hayward gets more than consensus here wants him to sign for. The Jazz should front load his contract to the maximum extent allowable, then add in the max 10-15 % or whatever performance bonuses.

I agree with franklin on this and hope the FO does this before he starts entertaining offers from other places.

If someone else does the contract and we match it may be loaded heavy in the back end to make it more difficult on the Jazz to make them think twice about matching.

Just my opinion, other than that I think franklin is pretty close to what will most likely happen... like it or not.

Whether it is true or not, I don't like it.

$11mm for Hayward in a year when cap revenue is conservatively estimated at $71-73mm will be nothing short of a steal.

I guarantee Hayward gets more than consensus here wants him to sign for. The Jazz should front load his contract to the maximum extent allowable, then add in the max 10-15 % or whatever performance bonuses.

Stan Van Gundy disagrees with you and so do I.

I agree with franklin on this and hope the FO does this before he starts entertaining offers from other places.

I've been up and down on Haywad over the years as much as anyone. At the end of the day, I'm convinced he's worth what his highly skewed stat line says he's worth. I think he can get got for long term value here. I think value in year 4 of the contract at $11-12mm is similar to $9.8725461111mm this season. If that means overpaying up front then so be it. (GVC be damned)

I just don't see how guys like Favors and Hayward deserve such hefty raises considering they really haven't broken out to be stars like most of us hoped they would.

Reactions: MVP
I just don't see how guys like Favors and Hayward deserve such hefty raises considering they really haven't broken out to be stars like most of us hoped they would.
I think a lot of the Hayward fans take the approach that we should spend the money now and cross our fingers he someday evolves into something more than a above average role player. The Jazz took that approach with Favors, and we're still crossing our fingers.

Hayward is a good player and still improving. Sure there is some risk in giving him a big contract, but if we think he is going to be the second or third best player on a contending team, then a contract that averages 12.5 mil per yeast is a steal.

You're a poster who always has my ear. Not that anything said can be convincing either way after four years of evidence, but considering all aspects what do you think he's worth? Nice edit BTW.

I think a lot of the Hayward fans take the approach that we should spend the money now and cross our fingers he someday evolves into something more than a above average role player. The Jazz took that approach with Favors, and we're still crossing our fingers.

Hayward is clearly more than a role player. Why must you do this?