What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

I just can’t imagine hating on a dude who saved us from basketball purgatory when Hayward left and helped us rise from the ashes into the superstar he has become. He literally carried us to the second round and up 2-0 against a great defensive team on one ****ing leg. **** was so inspiring to me.
You're talking to a fan base that turned on Deron Williams after he gave us 5 amazing years in a Jazz uniform all over some disagreements between him and Jerry.

When you're on fire they love you. When you don't follow their lead they turn on you. Snakes in the grass.

You're talking to a fan base that turned on Deron Williams after he gave us 5 amazing years in a Jazz uniform all over some disagreements between him and Jerry.

When you're on fire they love you. When you don't follow their lead they turn on you. Snakes in the grass.

Deron actually asked out too. He did us a favor. You described it perfectly.

Oh I understood the initial reaction and I might have even defended him here. But he sure drag this out for all he could handle. And that's after Rudy had about as perfect of a reaction as possible to his **** up.
I don't see how Don has drag this out.

Rudy apologize for his actions in the media room. That was a PR no brainer. As for apologizing for whatever happened with Don, I'm not sure if that happened publicly or privately.

I just don't see how people should be mad at Don for having a reaction to Rudy's actions. If Rudy was that stupid in the media room, just imagine how bad it might have been in the locker room.

I think Don’s ability on the court is getting devalued because of the cringy stuff off the court….but that is somewhat deserved. I think he’s done all the worst things possible PR wise despite being labeled as some kind of media mastermind. Ryan certainly doesn’t help.

I think Don’s ability on the court is getting devalued because of the cringy stuff off the court….but that is somewhat deserved. I think he’s done all the worst things possible PR wise despite being labeled as some kind of media mastermind. Ryan certainly doesn’t help.

I’m sorry what Donovan does off the court isn’t up to par with what you want.

Rudy apologize for his actions in the media room. That was a PR no brainer. As for apologizing for whatever happened with Don, I'm not sure if that happened publicly or privately.

I just don't see how people should be mad at Don for having a reaction to Rudy's actions. If Rudy was that stupid in the media room, just imagine how bad it might have been in the locker room.

The weird part is I’m pretty sure multiple people in the locker room felt the same way if I am remembering correctly. That’s what the initial report said.

I just can’t imagine hating on a dude who saved us from basketball purgatory when Hayward left and helped us rise from the ashes into the superstar he has become. He literally carried us to the second round and up 2-0 against a great defensive team on one ****ing leg. **** was so inspiring to me.
You'll definitely understand in about a year or two.

I’m sorry what Donovan does off the court isn’t up to par with what you want.

It doesn’t effect what I think about him as a player. I’ve said for years that expect him to want out eventually and how it’s more than understandable. But it’s also understandable why fans will turn on him for his behavior. Of course people are going to raise an eyebrow when we are transparently caving the franchise to a single player who is likely to leave.

I don’t have a problem with Don leaving, but trying to mastermind the franchise while he’s still here and Ryan being a willing partner is very off putting.

You’ve referenced this multiple times over the years. Let’s play devil’s advocate: give me your absolute worst-case-scenarios, anything, make it up, then tell me if that justifies this response. When you refer to it so vaguely, emphasizing how bad it could be, it’s almost as if we’re alluding to a sexual assault or something and not COVID in a locker room, because referring to the latter as if it’s the former sounds really ****ing stupid.

Rudy's screw up is not at contention here. He absolutely ****ed up.

But he also repeatedly showed contrition and was consistently apologetic about it. He continued to spread awareness and was giving himself as the example of what not do to. He donated some not insignificant sum to cover for arena staffers wages due to the pandemic. I think he handled himself about as well as one can do in the aftermath, given the circumstances and the significance of the mistake.

And yes, Don surely drag this one out for the whole summer. And it's not like he didn't have the chance to speak on it - it's that he had multiple chances and he choose to continue to drag it out... to the point where we heard how "unsalvagable" things were with him and Rudy. Or did we forget all about that? And BTW I have some resentment towards the FO too here, because when the whole world was piling on on Rudy for a stupid freaking mistake(at a time when most people were taking COVID with about the same seriousness as he did) and he was one of the most hated and dragged people in the public sphere, they choose to let him hang out to dry, instead of giving him any support whatsoever.

My problem with Donovan is not about his immediate reaction, which was very understandable. My problem is about the way he chose to handle himself over the next summer and that continued for the last 2 years and is continuing to this day.

Last edited:
You’ve referenced this multiple times over the years. Let’s play devil’s advocate: give me your absolute worst-case-scenarios, anything, make it up, then tell me if that justifies this response. When you refer to it so vaguely, emphasizing how bad it could be, it’s almost as if we’re alluding to a sexual assault or something and not COVID in a locker room, because referring to the latter as if it’s the former sounds really ****ing stupid.
My personal theory - I think Rudy did something to Don in the locker room and never apologized.

I don't know what he did, and I know Joe, Royce and others wouldn't open up about it either. I don't think what was done in the locker room would have lasted as long as it did. Not apologizing when you made a clear mistake - that could linger for a long, long time.

I'm not talking about PR apologize either. I'm talking about looking a man in the eyes, owning up, and apologizing. I don't think that ever happened.

My personal theory - I think Rudy did something to Don in the locker room and never apologized.

I don't know what he did, and I know Joe, Royce and others wouldn't open up about it either. I don't think what was done in the locker room would have lasted as long as it did. Not apologizing when you made a clear mistake - that could linger for a long, long time.

I'm not talking about PR apologize either. I'm talking about looking a man in the eyes, owning up, and apologizing. I don't think that ever happened.
But you’re still being vague. What’s the worst thing he could have done? When you start dealing with concretes and realize that worst-case-scenario isn’t even a big deal, it makes all of the vagueness dumb.

Maybe he asked him to play defense for a change.

That’s a very honest answer. So when it comes to the two of you, was it having dinners together or talking on the phone? What did it take to put yourself in each other’s shoes?

I think it happened within ourselves first. But then with some articles coming out and some **** coming out about (the team), all that was before the bubble. And I decided to just tell everyone, ‘Let’s just talk on the phone.’ We can’t be having media and people putting out articles about some stuff, that are not helping us and helping the team. So we just had very honest phone conversations. And then after that, I really think we were able to move forward and to grow.

Rudy was the one who reached out first.

Full article

But you’re still being vague. What’s the worst thing he could have done? When you start dealing with concretes and realize that worst-case-scenario isn’t even a big deal, it makes all of the vagueness dumb.
I don't know. Maybe Don is OCD. Maybe he has a ritual with his towel out the shower. I have no idea, but I still always hold the person more responsible for their actions than the person who responds to those actions.