What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

But you’re still being vague. What’s the worst thing he could have done? When you start dealing with concretes and realize that worst-case-scenario isn’t even a big deal, it makes all of the vagueness dumb.
Pretty sure Rudy promised him just the tip...and well, you know how that goes.

I don't know. Maybe Don is OCD. Maybe he has a ritual with his towel out the shower. I have no idea, but I still always hold the person more responsible for their actions than the person who responds to those actions.
Mitchell admitted to being a germaphobe. There is nothing wrong with that and I don't think anyone is blaming him for his initial reaction but it's a irrational fear and one that shouldn't have affected how he handled things after the storm settled.

The most plausible thing I heard was that Rudy had visitors from Europe and Mitchell blamed Rudy for bringing in Covid, alongside his reckless behaviours. The thing is though, Mitchell was touring high schools in New York and shaking hands with students. Tough to say he was extra wary of Covid.

Mitchell admitted to being a germaphobe. There is nothing wrong with that and I don't think anyone is blaming him for his initial reaction but it's a irrational fear and one that shouldn't have affected how he handled things after the storm settled.

The most plausible thing I heard was that Rudy had visitors from Europe and Mitchell blamed Rudy for bringing in Covid, alongside his reckless behaviours. The thing is though, Mitchell was touring high schools in New York and shaking hands with students. Tough to say he was extra wary of Covid.
Mitchell isn't allowed to have his feelings about germs if a teammates violates his personal space?

But it's plausible to speculate that Don overreacted about Rudy's visitors even though it was Don's own fault all along?

I mean, does Rudy ever do anything wrong in y'all's opinions? No need for glade cause Rudy **** don't stink?

Mitchell isn't allowed to have his feelings about germs if a teammates violates his personal space?

But it's plausible to speculate that Don overreacted about Rudy's visitors even though it was Don's own fault all along?

I mean, does Rudy ever do anything wrong in y'all's opinions? No need for glade cause Rudy **** don't stink?
You need to calm down. These aren't anything I said.

Mitchell is allowed his feelings and his initial reaction. I said in my post that there is nothing wrong with germaphobia. Still the definition of phobia is deep irrational fear. It's because they are irrational.

I didn't speculate that Don overreacted, I don't think you can put a limit to his initial reaction. However, he has prolonged the issue by not addressing it, I mean internally not to the media. I can understand his anger, I just don't understand how that anger can span months.

Rudy was at fault. I never said otherwise. I don't think he should have touched microphones or brought in visitors from Europe where there were higher number of cases. No one took it seriously then, as USA was almost untouched by Covid at the time, even Mitchell was touring highschools, but Rudy took steps to ridicule it and it was incredibly dumb.

I have, however, seen Gobert acknowledge lives lost to Covid and donated significant money to help both Oklahoma and Utah doctors and nurses. He ****ed up and admitted it.

Last edited:
I love how wanting to trade Rudy automatically equates to being a hater. With that logic we have a bunch of Donovan haters on this board. 90% Donovan haters vs 10% Rudy haters.
Probably cause Rudy is likable. Plays hard always. Actually significantly makes his teammates better.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hater is such a strong word to me. On the flip side of that how can you think we will find success with Rudy taking up 1/4 of our cap while he enters his 30’s?
Is Rudy's play declining? He's like 10 years younger than Lebron. Players nowadays have the best trainers and knowledge to keep their bodies fresh.

Is Rudy's play declining? He's like 10 years younger than Lebron. Players nowadays have the best trainers and knowledge to keep their bodies fresh.

Yes, Rudy will age like LeBron. I would hope his play isn’t declining he’s barely 30.

If Rudy's trade value is poor I'm comfortable just riding it out another year... If the offer is Williams, 18, and Vooch/White and we chose to walk away... I'm cool. If its less than that they can eff off.

If Rudy's trade value is poor I'm comfortable just riding it out another year... If the offer is Williams, 18, and Vooch/White and we chose to walk away... I'm cool. If its less than that they can eff off.

That’s where I’m at too. Rather keep him than grade him for 75 cents on the dollar of what he’s worth to us.

I'm actually glad we won't give Gobert up easy. I believe we can still run Don & Rudy around some fresh new faces, and one of them is Harrison Barnes.

We adapt the proper coaching philosophy this team can do damage. It ain't over till it's over!

I'm actually glad we won't give Gobert up easy. I believe we can still run Don & Rudy around some fresh new faces, and one of them is Harrison Barnes.

We adapt the proper coaching philosophy this team can do damage. It ain't over till it's over!
I think this is the best course of action, *if* there's 2-3 new rotation players at least. Give the new coach a year and see where you're at-worked for Boston.

Why would Washington do that? They wouldn't.

Probably not, but I don't know how much they would value Conley. The Wiz could value Conley more than both Kuz and KCP who are both potentially expiring deals.