What's new

Protestors storm capital

On a personal note, my feelings on this are likely clouded by having been born in a country where 25 years ago, an actual genocide(legally speaking) happened. Very few people today will speak in support of actual genocide, but like you said, things don't happen in a vacuum. What part was played by those who weren't pulling the trigger? You can't just say we need to create a path for people to walk back stuff. You said it. It had an effect. You can't undo it.

Today, a coup attempt happened. There's no if or buts about it. It was just a very pathetic coup attempt, but many coup attempts are like that. That doesn't make them less serious. Republicans in Senate and the House who have been parroting ******** about how the election was stolen are just as culpable as Trump. If this was a coup attempt, they need to be charged with sedition. Words are not just words, they matter. I know that part of the whole appeal of Trump is his saying ridiculous stuff and then walking it back to some degree or another, but I hope people haven't become that desensitized to it all. There has to be some accountability. Legal for the politicians and moral for those who elected them. People who voted for Trump, whether in 2016 or 2020 are morally culpable, just like people who voted for politicians who committed genocide are morally culpable. At some point, you have to put ethics above "unity" and "togetherness."

Excellent post.

I was wondering why the Capitol police seemed to just let them in as if it was previously agreed upon.
As I understand it they aren't well equipped for this type of thing. I'm not sure why there wasn't maximum beefed up security... this could have been a very very dark day. Like some Dark Knight ****.

As I understand it they aren't well equipped for this type of thing. I'm not sure why there wasn't maximum beefed up security... this could have been a very very dark day. Like some Dark Knight ****.

Gives shivers to think about.

On a personal note, my feelings on this are likely clouded by having been born in a country where 25 years ago, an actual genocide(legally speaking) happened. Very few people today will speak in support of actual genocide, but like you said, things don't happen in a vacuum. What part was played by those who weren't pulling the trigger? You can't just say we need to create a path for people to walk back stuff. You said it. It had an effect. You can't undo it.

Today, a coup attempt happened. There's no if or buts about it. It was just a very pathetic coup attempt, but many coup attempts are like that. That doesn't make them less serious. Republicans in Senate and the House who have been parroting ******** about how the election was stolen are just as culpable as Trump. If this was a coup attempt, they need to be charged with sedition. Words are not just words, they matter. I know that part of the whole appeal of Trump is his saying ridiculous stuff and then walking it back to some degree or another, but I hope people haven't become that desensitized to it all. There has to be some accountability. Legal for the politicians and moral for those who elected them. People who voted for Trump, whether in 2016 or 2020 are morally culpable, just like people who voted for politicians who committed genocide are morally culpable. At some point, you have to put ethics above "unity" and "togetherness."

There has to be action tonight by Congress. Now is the time.

So basically, the solution is the same as the last time you guys had a civil war. Forgive and forget, and hope the guys who lost aren't too pissed? Not sure that worked out well last time.
So my favorite band is called SOJA. In one of their songs they have the line "without forgiveness how can any war cease"
I think there has to be forgiveness or things never end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It would be more honest. Trump is the exact same guy right now he was 5, 10, and 30 years ago.

Again, I don't like converts.
I'm honestly a different more informed person than I was 5 and 10 years ago... but yeah... i get why you would hate someone who considers they could be wrong and decides to get behind what they feel is right. That sounds like someone who truly sucks.

Should be like MTV's the challenge... I'd even support no concession speech... just TJ Lavin saying "this ends your time in the White House... take care" They grab their duffle bag and walk onto a plane.
My wife and I favorite show lol. And yes I'm a bit ashamed to say that.

My wife and I favorite show lol. And yes I'm a bit ashamed to say that.

Embrace it... My life's goal is to hear TJ say "you killed it". Wife and I started watching long ago and still watch... we literally ask ourselves why we still like it... but we do.

I'm honestly a different more informed person than I was 5 and 10 years ago... but yeah... i get why you would hate someone who considers they could be wrong and decides to get behind what they feel is right.

I get it. You would like praise for changing your mind. I think you deserve scorn and reprobation for what you initially believed(and did) first. Then maybe with time, we can talk about praise.

Embrace it... My life's goal is to hear TJ say "you killed it". Wife and I started watching long ago and still watch... we literally ask ourselves why we still like it... but we do.
So you saw Wes get hit in the face with the shoe that CT was discarding?
Maybe the best moment in television history. Especially how the production team put music to it and cut it within the show with the reactions of TJ and the other challengers and whatnot

I actually recorded my wife and I watching that scene (after we had already watched it like 3 times and rewound it) and sent it to my sister (she is a big fan as well) so she could see our reaction. We were laughing so so hard even after we had already seen it numerous times.

Classic

Been watching it since i got up, maybe the presence of TV cameras stopped shooting or if nobody was willing to give the order to secure the building and open fire.
I'm not sure it was a conspiracy but I think the guys were likely armed. I think it was self preservation. The patient approach is what should be taken but when it is BLM and the law enforcement feels threatened they are more likely to shoot?

I'm just not sure why there wasn't extremely beefed up security... who the **** knows.

So you saw Wes get hit in the face with the shoe that CT was discarding?
Maybe the best moment in television history. Especially how the production team put music to it and cut it within the show with the reactions of TJ and the other challengers and whatnot

I actually recorded my wife and I watching that scene (after we had already watched it like 3 times and rewound it) and sent it to my sister (she is a big fan as well) so she could see our reaction. We were laughing so so hard even after we had already seen it numerous times.

Classic

Any time TJ cackles I am in.