What's new

Quick Question Thread

OK I'll start - Do you guys think the fans at Vivint Arena last night realize we're tanking for Victor Wem?

I think they're cheering for us to make the playoffs! LOL !!!

How did the new arena timeout hype guy get his job when he’s absolutely terrible at it?
This. My bet is, BYU grad, friend of Ryan's somehow. Maybe nephew or something? Who knows. But he straight blows at it, no charisma at all, in-your-face milquetoast all the way. He has the attitude of someone who somehow scored a gig he was not qualified for and knows that he pulled one over on everyone. That screaming at the end made me think of this for some reason:

1666278156032.png

Really a microcosm of Utah in a single dude. Just painful. I much preferred the radio guy in that role, he was solid, and knew how to work the crowd.

Edit: Found his LinkedIn

Worked for the Rockets in the same role just last year. Seemingly no connection to Utah. Maybe he just got hired for it, but I cannot see why when the radio dude did such a good job. I really feel like Ryan is changing **** just for the sake of change. Still adding and removing stickers from his new toy. SMFH

Allen Handy, that was the guy I think. He was great. Loved him on the radio and he was the best personality for the Jazz. Unless he just left, replacing him was a mistake, imo.

Last edited:
This. My bet is, BYU grad, friend of Ryan's somehow. Maybe nephew or something? Who knows. But he straight blows at it, no charisma at all, in-your-face milquetoast all the way. He has the attitude of someone who somehow scored a gig he was not qualified for and knows that he pulled one over on everyone. That screaming at the end made me think of this for some reason:

View attachment 13198

Really a microcosm of Utah in a single dude. Just painful. I much preferred the radio guy in that role, he was solid, and knew how to work the crowd.

Edit: Found his LinkedIn

Worked for the Rockets in the same role just last year. Seemingly no connection to Utah. Maybe he just got hired for it, but I cannot see why when the radio dude did such a good job. I really feel like Ryan is changing **** just for the sake of change. Still adding and removing stickers from his new toy. SMFH

Allen Handy, that was the guy I think. He was great. Loved him on the radio and he was the best personality for the Jazz. Unless he just left, replacing him was a mistake, imo.
Wow, I didn’t see this, but feel free to cut to my post for the quick summary version. Great minds you know….,

How did the new arena timeout hype guy get his job when he’s absolutely terrible at it?

I actually liked him. He was very over the top, but I thought the radio guy was very boring. The in arena experience at NBA games is just generally very bad IMO.

Hey - quick question - where do you guys go to get post match press conference interviews?

Also how long have they done this sit down interviews formally?

Hey - quick question - where do you guys go to get post match press conference interviews?

Also how long have they done this sit down interviews formally?
Go to YouTube, search who you’re looking for (for example, “Mike Conley post game”) and then click to sort by upload date.