Quotes from around the league on 3X DPOY Rudy Gobert-"Can't get blocked shots if no one ever drives against you."

FAILED STATE

It's so bizarre how Sixers fans think that Simmons and Embiid are both better defenders than Gobert, gloat about Thybulle's defense, and yet per Cleaning the Glass, the Jazz had the better non-garbage time defense.

How do they reconcile that in their minds?
You said “minds” lol

SoUjazzfan

Raptors- Rudy Gobert is gonna be a hall of famer and Shaq is gonna lose it
Didn't think of this aspect of it. Makes it even better!
76ers- Somebody tell me they dead *** have watched both Gobert and Simmons play a game this season and tell me the eye test doesn't tell you Ben was a better more impactful defender

NBA- Welp Rudy gobert officially takes the cake from Derrick rose as the most overrated player of all time
I was thinking these must be the dumbest people in the world, then I read a few more comments. Crazy how many dumbass people there are out there.
hen you got Mountain Mike, Spida, Bojingles, American Psycoach
Psycoach. Love it!
NBA- Simmons Is the real DPOY
This is correct if DPOY is DELUSIONAL player of the year!

zman1527

Rudy more than anyone else in the league affects basically every offensive series for the other team. They all know from the moment they cross half court that he is looming there in the middle and it affects what they will do. Anyone else in the league have that effect?

And it is also under appreciated how important he is to our offense with screens and rim running. I posted here a rant about how Rudy should have been considered for MVP with his incredible value to the best record in the league. Still looks good to me. I know that post season does not count, but it is a way to measure true value I think. Steph is out, and Joker may not survive the second round.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Rudy more than anyone else in the league affects basically every offensive series for the other team. They all know from the moment they cross half court that he is looming there in the middle and it affects what they will do. Anyone else in the league have that effect?

And it is also under appreciated how important he is to our offense with screens and rim running. I posted here a rant about how Rudy should have been considered for MVP with his incredible value to the best record in the league. Still looks good to me. I know that post season does not count, but it is a way to measure true value I think. Steph is out, and Joker may not survive the second round.
I want to know what his NTFOOTPP (Noped The **** Out Of There Per Possession) rate is. Gotta be through the roof.