What's new

Quotes from around the league on 3X DPOY Rudy Gobert-"Can't get blocked shots if no one ever drives against you."

Rudy more than anyone else in the league affects basically every offensive series for the other team. They all know from the moment they cross half court that he is looming there in the middle and it affects what they will do. Anyone else in the league have that effect?

And it is also under appreciated how important he is to our offense with screens and rim running. I posted here a rant about how Rudy should have been considered for MVP with his incredible value to the best record in the league. Still looks good to me. I know that post season does not count, but it is a way to measure true value I think. Steph is out, and Joker may not survive the second round.

Rudy more than anyone else in the league affects basically every offensive series for the other team. They all know from the moment they cross half court that he is looming there in the middle and it affects what they will do. Anyone else in the league have that effect?

And it is also under appreciated how important he is to our offense with screens and rim running. I posted here a rant about how Rudy should have been considered for MVP with his incredible value to the best record in the league. Still looks good to me. I know that post season does not count, but it is a way to measure true value I think. Steph is out, and Joker may not survive the second round.
I want to know what his NTFOOTPP (Noped The **** Out Of There Per Possession) rate is. Gotta be through the roof.

Man, i saw some complaints of other teams of guys missing out of more votes (either 1st or simple mentions) and my response is

While i consider Simmons a great defender (and a versatile one, tho surely not 1 to 5, his wingspan clearly scream 1 to 4 to me, and i'd go as far as say that i consider both Green and Adebayo much more 1 to 5 defenders than Ben) and a much better overall player than he's given credit for, i saw being clear that the whole discussion of who should be the DPOY were prompted much more from Simmons and Doc Rivers campaining for them other than he being that single game changer on the court (even just on D), so that should be who's to blame on other guys missing out on being fairly remembered by what they were actually performing on the court instead of trash talking to generate and turn the discussion around media narrative.

Last edited: