What's new

Quotes from Thursday Pelicans' forums-"What the f*** did we do to Donovan Mitchell?"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
I'm not going to break it down but this team is too talented to go 1-4 on the west coast road trip and be 1-7 in their last 8 games. We have enough talent to be on the same level as Portland, Utah and Denver, middle of the pack playoff teams.

I'm all optimism tonight. We got this.

In order to stay positive this might be my only post.

You know how every once in a while, your team has a game where they just can't miss. They shoot like 60%. Seems like almost every damn 3pt shot just falls in........ Can this PLEASE be one of those games?

Looking forward to Zion to getting no calls in the paint against Gobert.

It kills me that this crazy schedule leaves no time to truly work out issues in practice. Especially when traveling on an extended road trip. Oh well, here's hoping.

Steven Adams vs Rudy Gobert: **** Rudy Gobert.

It's bad enough that this game is scheduled to start so late, but could it at least start on time, not 20+ minutes after the advertised start time

So in the beginning of the season they were double and triple teaming Zion and BI ate. Now teams are concentration on stopping Ingram and Zion is the leading scorer but we seem to lose. Other players have to contribute (other than Adams who always does) on both ends of the court to win. Elementary, right!

Need to bounce back Pels!

Blowing double digit leads and not playing defense has become a Pelicans staple.

Ball and Bledsoe playing with zero confidence....some of the referees decisions aren’t helping either

WE MADE A CORNER 3!!!

Who on Earth did Lonzo think that was a pass to? There was nowhere within about 5 feet of where the ball ended up.

mitchell already bending lonzo over

Mitchell is on one

They're pushing the pace! Thank God!

The ****ing nuts of these officials to call a moving screen on Adams but not Gobert

Donovan hates us

Donovan Mitchell never plays bad against us. I think we are his favourite team to play against

What the **** did we do to Donovan Mitchell?

ingram gets no looks brah every shot he makes and takes is over a defender or two

Yup the difficulty in his shots are insane

jordan clarkson plays like prime steph curry against the pels

infuriating would be an understatement

Just think, Utah got Clarkson for basically free

I irrationally hate Joe Ingalls so much. No goofy looking white motherfricker should be that good.

Clarkson needs more tattoos

clarkson vs pels from 3: 7/14
niang vs pels from 3: 4/8

We're playing about as good as we can possibly play offensively and still cannot pull away. This is insane.

We have made 7 threes already tonight.
We made 6 in the entire last game V Utah.

We are 15 minutes into this game and the Pelicans have 50. Jazz have 42.

Right, okay so I know Lonzo hit a 3, that doesn't mean he should be our leading shot taker.

Which he is. Somehow.

Hey Donovan, chill.

43 points in a quarter, impressive. Will they choke away another lead again?

I love having to play the same team that just face ****ed you. It almost forced ya to make adjustments.

We should rest Adams against Favors. He needs his energy for Gobert

Ingram and Donovan dueling again

Damn Mitchell just clowned nickeil

BI oh my god. Go ahead young buck

Why bench BI rn?

for his sake he will catch on fire if this goes on

These first 9 minutes are the most fun I’ve had watching the Pelicans in weeks lol

it’s like i’m watching a whole different team from last game

We play with a little more pace and the offense can barely miss....what were we doing the past 13 games

When was the last time we were in a shootout?

Clarkson and Mitchell are incapable of missing against us

Holy **** we look so good

Quinn looks like a cocaine addled stock trader

Favors giving more effort with these rebounds rn than he did all season last year

I'm not sure how we are going to win this game. We gave them our best shot and they're still leading at the half. Unless the refs allow the Pelicans to play as physical as the Jazz, I don't know what the Pelicans can do to win this game.

giannis deserves like 5 more mvps for leading a team with bledsoe to the best record in the league 2 years in a row. im legit unsure how the guy is in the league

Utah has scored at least 30 in all three quarters. SMH

Utah’s looks from 3 are like shots players take during shoot around before the game. Until our 3-point defense improves, wins are going to be hard to find.

Almost everything him and Zion get they have to work for out of sheer talent. Our other guys don't have the ability to do that. Which is why the offense is terrible.

nice of stan to sit ingram for about an hour so that he'd come back in nice and cold

I hate to say it but **** favors.

Lonzo logic: "I haven't played for 10 minutes so first thing I'll do is go take a horrible shot and brick it

Lonzo throwing up floaters that look like alley oops

Worst officiated game. Are the refs all Mormons ?

Nothing designed for Zion in this offense, he just as to go full iso mode when he’s sick of everyone around him missing

"utah 29th in the league in FT attmpts. 19 a game. in this half 14/14"

We are the falcons of the nba. Choking leads is what we are best at

Blew a 16 point lead AGAIN
IN ONE frickING QUARTER TOO!!!!

No rules for Gobert

Why does this ALWAYS happen against the Jazz? I ****ing hate the Jazz.

the "defense" on mitchell is bordering on the edge of comical

meanwhile how the frick does gobert get away with a moving screen every time down, and adams is the guy that is called for multiple moving screens tonight

1 3pt shot made since the 1st Q. It was fun while it lasted

The year is 2021
derrick favors is getting superstar calls
wild times we're in fellas

Your best player is 8/9 and 4/4 from three and you don’t feed him the ball? Bledsoe has crazy tunnel vision, I haven’t seen him kick out the ball in any of these games

Joe Ingles low key the most hateable player in the league. Donovan Mitchell the most punchable face

Can't touch Mitchell at all. This is so depressing.

Classic. This team needs a floor general badly.

-17 second quarter. Pathetic .

This happens every game. Teams make adjustments at halftime and then the Pels start acting like they can’t play basketball. This is starting to get frustrating to watch

Bruh we breathe on a screen and its a foul. Meanwhile our offense is playing with rugby rules

This team is really brutal to watch.....

I don't know much about Royce O'Neal, other than I can't stand him

Kinda sucks to watch favors actually play with effort now that he’s gone

He can’t operate at or below sea level

BI had 20 at half. 3pts since. Needs to be more assertive

Every time they shoot a three I just assume its going in

Quinn Snyder is wearing a mother****ing mesh mask. Utah

Well well finally start scoring but allow a 70pt half. Its always something with us lol

Please please please don't choke away another big lead...

Utah is the second worse shooting FT team in the league.. no problem. 15-15 so far tonight.

Same **** different night. Did anyone expect anything different at this point?

wow, a 31 point swing

idk whats more frustrating to watch: games like the suns one where we just get raw dogged from the jump and just never had a shot..or the games where we go up 20 in the 1H and quickly blow the lead and end up getting blown out anyway

I love national guys saying Lonzo is a “3 and D” player.

He can’t hit a 3 and he plays no D.

Christ almighty I can't take anymore.

favors just hustled more in that 1 possession than he did in all of last season

Up 15, Donovan Mitchell screams across the court to save an air ball.
We standing waiting for the game to end.
This team is dog *****.
Why cant we just for once be something of note :(

Ingles looks like a guy that ask if you have any spare change.

Homeless Ingles with the dagger.

Jazz hitting 50-40-90... you aren't winning many games giving that up

It’s the 3. Clarkson, ingles, some frick I never heard of in the first half hit a few, and we’ve got heart, lonzo and Bledsoe who can’t shoot worth a *****.

Honestly we are going to need to start having a conversation about Ingram.
He has completely disappeared when it matters the last few games. And arguably all season.
Has hit 0 threes in the fourth quarter all season.
Hit only 13 field goals in the fourth all season.
Shooting 31% in the fourth quarter
41% True Shooting
Tonight has one assist and zero rebounds.
Guy needs to figure this out if we have any chance.

And they’re making Adams pay on every decision he makes in the pnr.... also they have 4 guys that can shoot

lonzo is easily the worst starter in the league

We probably need to have a daytime thread of its own on this but Ingram’s fourth qtr performances are absolutely a problem. This is a team that depends on him heavily and he has just been bad down the stretch of games. Literally a non factor.

Adams isn't right for this team
If you can't shoot you better be super elite at something else like Gobert with defense

14 assists in the first quarter, only 3 in the second. Need to sort that out in this second half

I want to claw my eyes out

This ****ing play from favors is crazy, why didnt he do that last yr?

Its amazing how quick this sub wemt back to being toxic as ****.

God I ****ing hate Joe Ingles

mf lookin like Leon the professional had a baby with Daniel Stern

I think he's a real good person but he is super frustrating to watch play.

Mitchell went spread eagle on that landing. These dudes are so savvy out there getting calls.

Why did I get my hopes up again? This team really knows how to let us down.

Pass up open catch and shoot 3

Dribble into step back 2

Brick

Walk under a 3 point shooter

High IQ stuff baby

Lonzo passing the ball back to bledsoe there shows his confidence is nowhere

Donovan Mitchell doing Donovan Mitchell things… If he could play the Pels every night, he would be in the running for The GOAT.

Notice how Q. Snyder has taken BI totally out of the game; meanwhile, D. Mitchell continues to run wild against Pels

After a great first quarter…phfffftt. All it took was for Utah to shut down BI, and we were toast.

21-2 runs are hard to come back from it turns out.

I don’t understand SVG. When BI is feeling it he seems to go away from giving him the ball. When he’s feeling it he’s dang near unstoppable. Put the ball in his hands and early in this second half.

I called it, saw this coming a mile away from BI. When he's on it, he's almost KD-like unstoppable. By far the best scorer on this team, period. So what does the genius Stan do, subs him off for like 8 minutes and guess what, the shooting gets cold and the lead goes begging just like that. Just tell Bledsoe to stop his BS and feed the hot hand, ain't really a rocket science.

Making it really, really hard to be a Pels fan this year. Completely, utterly, pathetically lost. Can't play one quarter of superstar basketball and then fall asleep for the other three.

Lonzo Ball is just not gelling and has zero confidence or discipline. It's getting very close to the point where he MUST go.

And why take him out with 4 minutes left in 1st while he’s on fire? Of course he comes back at the 8:07 mark in 2nd and never gets into a rhythm again. Good move Coach!

just as I predicted....Pelicans in for another beating

SVG out and trade bricksoe

Start walker Get a shooting Big Give Hart more minutes Stop allowing so many threes Stop the pick and roll is repetitive try drive and kicks just mix it up Land Bradley beal if possible

Anytime we have a big lead, I know we’re gonna lose. It’s just been awful to watch these past 8 games

TRADE THE STARTING BACKCOURT! WE NEED SHOOTING!

This team is getting harder to watch as the years go on.

Need to play with pace like in Q1. Zion needs more of a jumper. Zo cannot play the 2. Bledsoe needs to go. And the team needs actual shooters to create some space.

The refs let Gobert just sit in the paint when Zion has the ball and no 3 second calls and letting him grab and hold players on screens no calls

i love steven adams but i’m willing to trade for a shooting big cause this is ridiculous

Run the offence through Ingram or Lonzo. Bledsoe sucks

Lmao Utah goes on a 20-2 run and you don’t call a ****ing timeout what did I ****ing watch

Bledsoe is *** and Adams should of used screens to open up the ball handler so the floor spaces up giving Ingram and Zion to work off of cuts , that handoff half court **** cost us so many turnovers

The look on Ingram's face after the final buzzer said it all. This team is significantly worse than last year and I didn't think that was possible.

Man I just want a good basketball team in New Orleans, why is that so hard?

These are the weaknesses of the Pels: SVG’s coaching Lonzo’s shooting Bledsoe’s decision making Bad defense Not enough ball movement Not enough touches for Zion or Ingram.

Seeing how teams defend Zion/BI sucks (they ignore our Center and at least one guard). They work so hard for their shots Meanwhile, the Jazz come off screens and have nothing but space & comfort Reggie Miller said it on national TV “they have no shooters it’s predictable...”

David Griffin better have something up his sleeve because Ingram and Zion don't deserve to waste their talents with this team the way its constructed. Make moves or trade these guys to contenders.

Stop blaming individual players and blame the Griffin and the GM for constructing a terrible roster

Y’all had a 17 point lead and lose by 11 y’all ****ing suck. Tell that fat pig coach to do something

No one cares about this sorry *** team anymore. Stop tweeting

Trade Bledsoe for a PS5

We need more ball movement and more off-ball movement. Lonzo and Bledsoe are culprits here, they don't move enough off-ball. Playing BI off-ball has to be the long term answer for this Pelicans team imo, he just provides so much, but we don't have the ballhandlers to really do that right now.

Team almost fooled me with that 1st Q. This was definitely Adams worst game. Mitchell called for a screen every play and got a good look with Adams drop coverage.

predictable offense, giving up 3s, and bad rotations

this is getting tiring to watch every game.

We still saw a few improvements in this game but I really think a major overhaul should be done with our bad starting backcourt in BledZo before we really dig a deep hole for ourselves in this shortened season.

Remember when the sub said that losing Jrue wasn’t a big deal?

We need to be shooting way more threes and have less turnovers. We even had a better 3 percentage than them tonight, they just took 39 to our 25

**** Utah. But they are good. No getting around that. Thing is, are the pels going to build on the good things they did and fix the **** they *****ed?

Theres positives to build on tonight. Tonight the Pels were good enough to beat a lot of teams in this league. And they most certainly can build off thr 1st quarter. The Jazz are just a really really good team, as much as I hate to compmiment them.

what the hell can we even do against them? everyone on that team does some **** that just kills us. bojan, ingles, clarkson, the goddamn Niang dude and then you throw in gobert mitchell and conley they're having the time of their lives while we're here with a losing streak minus the win against the kings

My soul has left my body

You’re not gonna win games giving other teams 30-35 point swings. You’re also not gonna win literally hitting 1 three after the first quarter. Pitiful team.

There is basically 0 spacing for Ingram to work with. Every time he tries to drive or get separation in the mid range there's a *********** of bodies around him. Makes it hard to get good shots which is why he was kind of passive.

Jazz are really excellent. I wouldn’t pick them in a series against the Clippers or Lakers but they’re not going to be an easy out at all.

I liked going to drop a little more. Pels were just getting run ragged in pick and roll in Game 1. Ended up not really mattering much, Jazz can generate shots in other ways. But I like exposing the team to multiple defensive schemes.

Our starting back court is ***.

Lonzo Ball is a Phantom Limb

I certainly think the Jazz can beat the Clippers in a seven game series. They always play well against them. With the Lakers it is a wait and see for me. I think it will be competitive but the Jazz have to shoot the lights out. If Utah makes 20 3pts a game they can beat anyone.

I certainly think the Jazz can beat the Clippers in a seven game series. They always play well against them. With the Lakers it is a wait and see for me. I think it will be competitive but the Jazz have to shoot the lights out. If Utah makes 20 3pts a game they can beat anyone.

The issue will be getting those semi-open catch-and-shoot three’s. Despite how many we’re taking, they can be limited by really good defense. When a really good, physical, defensive team like the Clippers are capable of switching everything, blowing up our pick and rolls and hand offs, and forcing us to play more one-on-one it will be tough to generate the same quality looks. The difference between other years (particularly vs. the Rockets and Warriors) and now is we have 3 bonafide elite guards who can break down pretty much any defense and get good shots for themselves and create for others.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Quinn looks like a cocaine addled stock trader
tenor.gif

That's because he's constantly on the floor with at least three other guys that can't shoot!
This game perfectly illustrates to the basketball conservatives on this site that this new-fangled dog-gone shooting (spacing) fad isn't a fad and exists for a reason. Give Ingram and Zion spacing and better ball movement and that team jumps a tier or two, automatically.

For the same reason that I don't understand why the Pelicans are playing Adams next to Zion, I am elated the Jazz aren't trying to force the Favors and Gobert lineup like they used to. It is now basketball orthodoxy.

what the hell can we even do against them? everyone on that team does some **** that just kills us. bojan, ingles, clarkson, the goddamn Niang dude and then you throw in gobert mitchell and conley they're having the time of their lives while we're here with a losing streak minus the win against the king
Now Niang is getting mentioned in quotes we have to recognize his greatness

This game perfectly illustrates to the basketball conservatives on this site that this new-fangled dog-gone shooting (spacing) fad isn't a fad and exists for a reason. Give Ingram and Zion spacing and better ball movement and that team jumps a tier or two, automatically.

For the same reason that I don't understand why the Pelicans are playing Adams next to Zion, I am elated the Jazz aren't trying to force the Favors and Gobert lineup like they used to. It is now basketball orthodoxy.
They have to play Adams next to Zion because Zion doesn't play a lick of defense.

Honestly, if you put Snyder as head coach of the Pelicans, he would get them into the playoffs with their current roster. I'm not sure their biggest issue is personnel. Zion has too good of footwork to suck that bad on defense.

They have to play Adams next to Zion because Zion doesn't play a lick of defense.

Honestly, if you put Snyder as head coach of the Pelicans, he would get them into the playoffs with their current roster. I'm not sure their biggest issue is personnel. Zion has too good of footwork to suck that bad on defense.
It’s not a perfect solution, but the Pelicans would be better off trying to out score teams than pretending that they’re a good defensive team.

I also think that - all things considered - Zion’s career is going to be defined by hype. He cannot stay at his weight and rely on athleticism, especially not with his already existing injury history.

Is this a coordinated tank? Like how stupid of a GM could you be to put this team together for 2021 NBA basketball and think it could win anything? Legitimate argument to tanking for the 2021 draft... the Hinkey Process wins again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app