What's new

RE: the return of the NBA

This is probably the best time the Jazz need to take advantage of the situation imho. It'd be nice if none of our players don't sit out and try to win a championship, even though we have to 'make do' without Bojan. I know other teams will surely take advantage of this after knowing who's going to stay out and not compete. The Fakers and the Rockettes would probably bring all their key players back and make a run at the championship.
I think the fact we are a "system" team and don't just put the ball in one guy's hands all the time will work against us in this format. Outside of Rudy eating people's souls I think we don't make a lot of noise.

I think there is a real chance (say 25-33%) that DM or Joe sit. JC maybe since he is a FA... though it'll cost him a fair amount of dough.

I had stated that KOC and Greg were passively driving us into rebuilding. Seemed silly at the time, but it was true. They were the real reason for the Sloan/Williams issues. If DM sits, this will totally decimate this iteration of this team over time. It won’t be pretty. It will likely mean Gobert is gone, as I’m afraid the FO will hitch their wagon to Donovan and the fallout over this (in relation to Gobert) will be huge. Not immediate. But huge.

I had stated that KOC and Greg were passively driving us into rebuilding. Seemed silly at the time, but it was true. They were the real reason for the Sloan/Williams issues. If DM sits, this will totally decimate this iteration of this team over time. It won’t be pretty. It will likely mean Gobert is gone, as I’m afraid the FO will hitch their wagon to Donovan and the fallout over this (in relation to Gobert) will be huge. Not immediate. But huge.

The timing on the virus and the beef between the guys couldn't be worse. I think DM's competitiveness and his desire to support his teammates will eventually lead him to playing. I wouldn't be shocked if him or Joe sit out. I can just see Joe being willing to pay they $1M or so to stay home with his family. He has mentioned before that when Jacob was diagnosed with Autism that the season couldn't be over fast enough.

The timing on the virus and the beef between the guys couldn't be worse. I think DM's competitiveness and his desire to support his teammates will eventually lead him to playing. I wouldn't be shocked if him or Joe sit out. I can just see Joe being willing to pay they $1M or so to stay home with his family. He has mentioned before that when Jacob was diagnosed with Autism that the season couldn't be over fast enough.
Somewhere I’ll have to dig up my assessment on Rudy/Donovan, going back to when this was actually Rudy’s team but all the pub and attention went to Hayward and eventually Stayward, then Donovan squeezed into that spot without any awareness that Gobert was the one doing all the heavy lifting. Now you have the COVID stuff, and if he sits out for contract reasons, and the Jazz oblige, while maxing DM and not giving Rudy his due, while the general public sees DM as the face of the franchise, this won’t sit well with Rudy. And I won’t blame him at all, because it shouldn’t.

Somewhere I’ll have to dig up my assessment on Rudy/Donovan, going back to when this was actually Rudy’s team but all the pub and attention went to Hayward and eventually Stayward, then Donovan squeezed into that spot without any awareness that Gobert was the one doing all the heavy lifting. Now you have the COVID stuff, and if he sits out for contract reasons, and the Jazz oblige, while maxing DM and not giving Rudy his due, while the general public sees DM as the face of the franchise, this won’t sit well with Rudy. And I won’t blame him at all, because it shouldn’t.

Negotiating max deals for two different guys in one offseason is not ideal... especially when they had a beef. Now add in the other complications and its kinda the perfect storm. They could go into the bubble and be all good and maybe it brings them together... like Disney movie style.

Rudy will be eligible for a couple different max options. If his dollars don't at least match DM's I think he may not sign an extension. If he doesn't sign an extension I think we trade him.

They should also plan with the players and allow the players to show support of BLM without repercussions…

Also, Lebron catches so much ****... dude has been a great ambassador to the game, an amazing father, and has done a ton in the community. All while being in the brightest of spotlights since he was a teenager. He's so impressive man... that's why I give him the benefit of the doubt on the China debacle. I've always been a fan and never got the hate. Love watching that guy play. I hate the Lakers but honestly I'm cool with them winning a title. They way I like to think of it is that the true Laker truthers are secretly anti-Lebron because of their Kobe worship.
I agree. Let players express themselves how they want.

And yeah, LeBron, what an amazing person he has been.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The NBA should have just made it the 16 playoff teams to start with. As a warm up, the west teams should have played every east playoff team once and vice versa.

The current 8 seed has a substantial lead on the 9 seed in both conferences. I think it's dumb they tried to bring back those extra 6 teams. Pretty much, I think they did it for Zion. Garbage.

As for Donovan, just let him sign a deal right now. The CBA should open a window where a team can extend a player if they want. Donovan, Kuzma, etc would have a chance to lock in a deal then go play.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

LeBron is free to express whatever he wants and I am fine with that but LeBron has been an ambassador for LeBron, not for the league, not for his teammates, and certainly not for his coaches or organizations.

LeBron is free to express whatever he wants and I am fine with that but LeBron has been an ambassador for LeBron, not for the league, not for his teammates, and certainly not for his coaches or organizations.
Much better teammate than MJ... has been an ambassador for the league with his play/character. Has he had one TMZ moment in his entire career? Been in the spotlight since he was a teenager.

Not sure what you want from the guy... sorry he didn't cape for the extremely charismatic Dan Gilbert. Sorry he wanted to use his choice to work where he wanted and with who he wanted. He's terrific and I've really enjoyed his career.

How many women can you bring into the bubble? That’s probably a major point of contention in this negotiation
IDK but Houston is only bringing 5 players, one coach, one security guard and have 28 spots left for "other team personnel".

Much better teammate than MJ... has been an ambassador for the league with his play/character. Has he had one TMZ moment in his entire career? Been in the spotlight since he was a teenager.

Not sure what you want from the guy... sorry he didn't cape for the extremely charismatic Dan Gilbert. Sorry he wanted to use his choice to work where he wanted and with who he wanted. He's terrific and I've really enjoyed his career.
This

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app