What's new

RealGM reports Jazz interested in Trading for John Collins

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I read the discussion further and he claimed we offered that for JC? Im questioning this guys sources lmao.

Edit:
Or then they are trying to kill JC chatter since they dont want to trade him and people assume he might be available.

Hawks fans living in ****ing fantasy land island.
Based on the discussions this offseason with Rudy... Hawks fans and even the local podcasters wildly overvalue their dudes. If the Jazz entered any Lauri/JC centered conversations it was prior to Lauri leveling up. They blowing smoke if they think we offered them straight up for each other... they flat out full of **** if they think we offered a pick with a swap. That deal would have been done already if we offered it.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Someone at Hawksquawk posted last Sunday (way before todays intel):
"From my source from last week: only trade talk that they would confirm is Lauri plus two picks owed from Minnesota for JC. It would replace the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Source said this deal would give us a straight up stretch four that shoots better than JC but admitted it would be a definite step down on defense."

The others in the board took that seriously, so seems like a credible poster.

If that is really what Hawks asked... I cannot fathom how anyone can trade with that FO if thats their starting point.

That is the funniest thing I’ve seen all year. That is ban worthy bad.

sip

Someone at Hawksquawk posted last Sunday (way before todays intel):
"From my source from last week: only trade talk that they would confirm is Lauri plus two picks owed from Minnesota for JC. It would replace the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Source said this deal would give us a straight up stretch four that shoots better than JC but admitted it would be a definite step down on defense."

The others in the board took that seriously, so seems like a credible poster.

If that is really what Hawks asked... I cannot fathom how anyone can trade with that FO if thats their starting point.
I just took a look at that thread. That guy is delusional. It is crazy that so many of the posters seem to think he is legit.

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
Those guys are hilarious. They are making the case that Collins is better than Lauri based on career stats. The thing is, who gives a flying **** how Lauri performed in Cleveland or Chicago. He's not there anymore.