What's new

Report: Bynum for Jefferson?

Chris

Marc Stein is reporting a possible Bynum for Jefferson swap. Tank-a-palooza continues...

TheScore Report: The Jazz and Cavs are talking Bynum for Richard Jefferson Trade!

I honestly hope this is a joke! Trading one of the better leaders and teachers on the team for a washed up POS center in Bynum who doesn't even belong in the human race, let alone the NBA. If this goes thru, I will be pissed!

UtahQuad

I honestly hope this is a joke! Trading one of the better leaders and teachers on the team for a washed up POS center in Bynum who doesn't even belong in the human race, let alone the NBA. If this goes thru, I will be pissed!

UtahQuad

I think you made this a little too personal about Bynum.

It would last a day at most. Surely we'd cut him before 1/7. If it means another asset and a few more losses it's a win win.

Don't Cavs have all kinds of clauses to cut Bynum without paying him?
Thought that was why they took a chance on him.

So if the Jazz did RJ-Bynum, waived Bynum, Harris & Clark, they have close to 8M in room. Now they can trade, say, Marv for 15.5M + assets.

Jefferson could be traded for anyone else and i'd be cool with it. Bynum is a curse. Look at all his former teams.

They're all looking like they've got a great shot at a top 3 pick. We'd be honored if he'd oblige us into the club.

Jefferson could be traded for anyone else and i'd be cool with it. Bynum is a curse. Look at all his former teams.
I'd be okay with it if they cut him before the rest of his contract is guaranteed. IMO, it would be a really good move if they did that.

I like Jefferson just fine, but I hate seeing him get 30-40 minutes of playing time on a nightly basis. I'd much rather see those minutes distributed elsewhere. If they move Jefferson, it's likely that they'd either put Kanter in as a starter and move Marvin to the 3, then keep Burks as the 6th man off the bench or they'd keep Marvin at the 4 and move Hayward to the 3 and insert Burks as the starter at SG with Kanter still coming off the bench. I'd be rather interested in seeing how either and/or both of those scenarios work out to be honest. Either way, there's a lot more minutes to be used for the young guys AND we might even get to see more of guys like Evans, Clark, Gobert and Garrett if they choose to use the bench more than they have been lately.

So jeffy will be able to go after his championship lol

If this were to happen it would be a precursor for another trade. Presumably Marvin for salary and draft picks. Interesting.

Bynum would be waived immediately after the trade.

So if the Jazz did RJ-Bynum, waived Bynum, Harris & Clark, they have close to 8M in room. Now they can trade, say, Marv for 15.5M + assets.

Repped. This is exactly how the Jazz should be thinking right now. I'm not even going to go into how moving both Jefferson and Marvin would effect the minute distribution for the young players.