What's new

Report - Simmons Won't Report

Right or wrong I do think the sixers think he’s lying. It’s why they have resumed fining him and asking him to meet with their mental health expert. When he gets traded and starts playing within a week or so I think it’s an indicator.

Right or wrong I do think the sixers think he’s lying. It’s why they have resumed fining him and asking him to meet with their mental health expert. When he gets traded and starts playing within a week or so I think it’s an indicator.
I think this is the case as well. Just too much smoke not to be any fire. I sincerely hope he ends up in someplace like OKC so he can be far far on the outside looking in. Schadenfreude galore to be had here.

Edit: I wish there was some way he could end up on the Lakers. I think he would clash so well with Westbrick and the other divas. Would make that the All-World Douche Team, the single douchiest team of all time.

Ingles, Clarkson and O'Neal for Simmons and Thybull is a trade that works on paper. Maybe get a draft pick out of it. Simmons was considered a great talent at one time and we don't know the whole story behind the collapse and the fingerpointing. It would shore up our perimeter defense and rebounding I imagine. It would also give us incredible versatility using Simmons at P/F and on the wing depending on the matchups..

Ingles, Clarkson and O'Neal for Simmons and Thybull is a trade that works on paper. Maybe get a draft pick out of it. Simmons was considered a great talent at one time and we don't know the whole story behind the collapse and the fingerpointing. It would shore up our perimeter defense and rebounding I imagine. It would also give us incredible versatility using Simmons at P/F and on the wing depending on the matchups..
I’d rather live in the lottery for the next decade than take on a d bag like Simmons.

Although... it could be argued that this a sign (maybe even a fairly clear one, as far as these things go) of his mental instability.

Lol. Zero sympathy for this clown.

Although... it could be argued that this a sign (maybe even a fairly clear one, as far as these things go) of his mental
He spends because he’s unhappy… he’s unhappy because he spends… y’all can’t understand… be sympathetic.

I think he’s a child. It might be mental illness or immaturity… whatever it is it won’t help his trade value. I have no idea what Moreys plan is.

He spends because he’s unhappy… he’s unhappy because he spends… y’all can’t understand… be sympathetic.

I think he’s a child. It might be mental illness or immaturity… whatever it is it won’t help his trade value. I have no idea what Moreys plan is.
Yeah, my heart ain’t breaking.

Wow, I hadn't been keeping up on this, but it's turned in to a nice lose lose situation for Philly and Simmons, which is a big win for the rest of the league.

Hopefully this helps keep future similar situations handled privately.

Wow, I hadn't been keeping up on this, but it's turned in to a nice lose lose situation for Philly and Simmons, which is a big win for the rest of the league.

Hopefully this helps keep future similar situations handled privately.
Yeah I think the Ben stuff is awful but people also aren’t cooking Morey yet because he’s the nba hipster Twitter GOAT. How is this increasing his trade value? What team is now like “yes now that he has mental health issues or is just a liar of the worst magnitude I am all in!”

If they wanted him to sit until the right opportunity comes then let him sit without fining him. Do they really think he will show up… and then as a complete villain in his home teams fanbase… do they think he will play well. What is the purpose behind the fines is it worth the trade value hit? So now he’s out of money and comes out and plays half heartedly? Hurting the on court product and the locker room? Morey has way overplayed his hand imo and likely could have gotten a solid poo poo platter of stuff… he’s risking getting a garbage return or zero on court production for this **** show they are putting on.

The situation in Philly is so toxic that I don't begrudge or think ill of Simmons for not wanting to play there at all. I think he is doing the right thing even if he is himself a ****** person. All the little jabs and zero protection from Philly bit them in the *** so I am happy.

Morey should have just accepted that Simmons is never going to play for Philly and said team has shut him down so he can work on his skills and find a suitable partner. Now his trade value is **** and he is stuck trying to get one over Simmons lol.

The situation in Philly is so toxic that I don't begrudge or think ill of Simmons for not wanting to play there at all. I think he is doing the right thing even if he is himself a ****** person. All the little jabs and zero protection from Philly bit them in the *** so I am happy.

Morey should have just accepted that Simmons is never going to play for Philly and said team has shut him down so he can work on his skills and find a suitable partner. Now his trade value is **** and he is stuck trying to get one over Simmons lol.
The only winner ultimately will be the team that gets him at a discount… if he comes back and actually plays some day.

The only winner ultimately will be the team that gets him at a discount… if he comes back and actually plays some day.
Yeah, teams are aware of the general landscape and won't be racing each other. I saw a trade scenario which basically boiled to Hield for Simmons, lol. That's probably a little low but not by much now.

I think he is going to play if he is traded. I wouldn't say he is lying about mental health, that is just too complex stuff to assume anything but if it's true, it still has to do more with Philadelphia than anything. That playoff run must have felt like PTSD.