What's new

Ricky Gervais brutal monologue opening the Golden Globes... "**** off"

Ricky calling out virtue signaling that happens at these shows was incredible. Hollywood pretending like they are more righteous than everyone else is so absurd. Calling people out for befriending Epstein and being complicit to Harvey Weinstein was so spot on, and exactly the reason why we shouldn't look to these people as our moral compass.
The irony here is that his monologue was itself little more than virtue signaling.

Last edited:
Not as funny as I'd heard but still better than usual. Calling them all out for being friends with Epstein and Weinstein was the best part. And telling them they were actually stupid.

Trump is as "Hollywood" as they come, is the rather obvious point.
This is true.
Home Alone
Miss America
Comedy Central roast
The Apprentice

Probably some im missing.

Again, voting for Trump is idiotic. Look at that resume. Not the resume of a president.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

that was a fabulous night of laughs. Enjoyed it immensely

his reference to the two popes and then the look on the actor's face was gold.

that was a fabulous night of laughs. Enjoyed it immensely

his reference to the two popes and then the look on the actor's face was gold.

Yeah, the director was ready for that and it was a hilariously uncomfortable moment.

Between Ricky, Joaquin and Renee Zellweger it was a rough night for Hollywood. Ricky is so good at being a grumpy bastard it's impressive... and annoying.

Whoever does, I doubt they would admit to it. They way people in Hollywood address and speak to the public, they seem to think they are. Some of these people have tens of millions of Twitter followers.

"Famous people using their platform to speak out" =/= "People look to them as moral leaders". People jump on the bandwagon of the Hollywooders who say what they already agree with, not the other way around.

Are celebrities citizens?

Then why the **** should their opinions be downplayed any more than anyone else's?

"Famous people using their platform to speak out" =/= "People look to them as moral leaders". People jump on the bandwagon of the Hollywooders who say what they already agree with, not the other way around.

Hollywooders wouldn't be "using their platform to speak out" if it wasn't impacting the actions or behaviors of other people. If people are altering their behavior based on Hollywooders speaking out, then they must look to them as a type of moral leader.

Just because these people have a platform, doesn't mean they have something worthwhile to share with us. These people are sharing messages that they believe will most benefit their careers and fortunes, not because they truly believe in them. They want to be cast in the best light possible.

Hollywooders wouldn't be "using their platform to speak out" if it wasn't impacting the actions or behaviors of other people. If people are altering their behavior based on Hollywooders speaking out, then they must look to them as a type of moral leader.

Just because these people have a platform, doesn't mean they have something worthwhile to share with us. These people are sharing messages that they believe will most benefit their careers and fortunes, not because they truly believe in them. They want to be cast in the best light possible.

Congrats, your hater award is over there.

Of course. You see Trump as a moral leader, whose morality you wish to copy. Suuuure.

Reminding people of the values they already hold is not telling them what those values are.

Of course. You see Trump as a moral leader, whose morality you wish to copy. Suuuure.

Of course I don't. I don't think anything he has said has ever impacted my behavior. But unfortunately, some people do.

Reminding people of the values they already hold is not telling them what those values are.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I honestly don't believe these people hold the values they proclaim to. They are making these statements to prop themselves up, and advance their careers. If they were actually virtuous people, Harvey Weinstein would have been outed a decade ago.