What's new

Ricky Rubio

ad94be7a686805ad5f95144fb656f759.jpg

Hill's and Exum's per 36 stats in February (11 games).

Exum shot 52.6% from the field and 88.9% from the free-throw line.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Get that per 36 garbage out of here. Exum won't shoot 52% oN 13 attempts per game.

Exum made a couple wide open layups. Let's extrapolate that to starter minutes so that we can live in pretend land. Derp

I am wondering how long it will take for some people who do not know Ricky Rubio's game to fall in love with him. Gobert should be so happy now, Ricky is perfect PG for him, does not look too much for his own shot yet sets up big men beautifully ( sounds familiar huh? ). My only concern is - can he stay injury free?

15970e92fe8c6ca1e0e903227ceaf613.jpg

Rubio made $13.4M on his contract this year the Jazz have enough cap space to take him without sending any salary back. What would a potential deal look like?

I would offer them a trade like this:

Utah trades:

2018 Oklahoma City 1st-round pick
2021 Washington 2nd-round pick

Minnesota trades:

Ricky Rubio

Would that be enough to close the deal? What do you guys think?

Damn ner nailed it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app

That's our first move of building around Rudy Gobert.
We had some salary room to use and we used it fine. We got Rubio for a bag of chips, and he's entering his prime.
Size (6-4), defense (top-3 defensive PG), unselfish and hard-working dude. Exactly DL's type of guy.
I actually prefer his $27m two year contract to Hill's $100/5 year. Hill is a better player. Bu he can't play even 50 games and his contract would tie our hands going forward.

I am wondering how long it will take for some people who do not know Ricky Rubio's game to fall in love with him. Gobert should be so happy now, Ricky is perfect PG for him, does not look too much for his own shot yet sets up big men beautifully ( sounds familiar huh? ). My only concern is - can he stay injury free?

I get that he can't shoot, but the Jazz aren't going to be asking him to be a shooter. He's an excellent distributor and defender, and that's what he'll do for us.

That's our first move of building around Rudy Gobert.
We had some salary room to use and we used it fine. We got Rubio for a bag of chips, and he's entering his prime.
Size (6-4), defense (top-3 defensive PG), unselfish and hard-working dude. Exactly DL's type of guy.
I actually prefer his $27m two year contract to Hill's $100/5 year. Hill is a better player. Bu he can't play even 50 games and his contract would tie our hands going forward.

This is Gobert's team now and if it wasn't it should have been anyway. I predict that Hayward and Hill will live to rue the day they let greed get the best of them and that Minnesota will rue the day they let Rubio walk for a bag of chips and a handshake.

I get that he can't shoot, but the Jazz aren't going to be asking him to be a shooter. He's an excellent distributor and defender, and that's what he'll do for us.

Rubio's shooting percentage last year was up over three points over the mean and his free throw percentage is up over six points at 89.1. Better free thow percentage than Hill by 9 percent even if he shot seven and change less from the field.

15970e92fe8c6ca1e0e903227ceaf613.jpg

Rubio made $13.4M on his contract this year the Jazz have enough cap space to take him without sending any salary back. What would a potential deal look like?

I would offer them a trade like this:

Utah trades:

2018 Oklahoma City 1st-round pick
2021 Washington 2nd-round pick

Minnesota trades:

Ricky Rubio

Would that be enough to close the deal? What do you guys think?

Bump. We got him for less than I thought it would take.

It doesn't really make sense.

Unless...the Jazz already know Hayward is gone. They know they aren't resigning Hill for 20 mil without Hayward. Maybe Gordon told them he will probably leave and they are just preparing. I don't see how else this makes sense.
Maybe the jazz already know hayward is staying.

Jazz are moving towards 4 PG/wings and Gobert anchoring the middle.

Favors will start and slide over when Gobert needs a rest.This means Hayward,Ingles,Hood,Burks,Exum,Rubio,Mitchell and JJ all can handle the ball and interchange on the court while playing.
This is a 60 win team !

Show me any metric that shows Hill is significantly better at defense than Teague in any area.

Defensive metrics are very flawed, but ok.

Hill and Teague have respectively played 600 and 599 games, essentially the same amount.

Hill has 22.1 DWS, Teague has 17.7

Hill has a career DBPM average of 0.4, Teague has a career average of -0.8. That means Hill rates as above average, and Teague as below average.

Hill has a career VORP of 18, Teague has a career VORP of 8.8.

Finally, Utah gave up more points/100 when Hill was on the bench, Indy gave up more points/100 when Teague was on the court.

In a game where every difference matters, I would call that significant.

[MENTION=228]green[/MENTION] [MENTION=228]green[/MENTION] [MENTION=228]green[/MENTION] [MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION]