What's new

Ricky Rubio

I dont care how bad your team/franchise is, if you shoot (significantly) below 40% 5/6 of your NBA seasons, it's on you.

I think he could improve if they had some spacing/shooters but yeah... he won't be improving by a bunch.

Doesn't this spell they're not planning on bringing Hill back, drafting two PGs and looking into another.

Hill @ 25 mill or Rubio @ 15. If it means we'd have money for Gallinari I'm cool with it.

Doesn't this spell they're not planning on bringing Hill back, drafting two PGs and looking into another.

Hill @ 25 mill or Rubio @ 15. If it means we'd have money for Gallinari I'm cool with it.

I think the Jazz are trying to prepare their Hayward pitch by setting up as many possibilities as possible and seeing which one Hayward likes the most.

I just find it hard to believe DL looks at what Quin has been doing and looks at Rubio and thinks it's a good match.

I think the Jazz are trying to prepare their Hayward pitch by setting up as many possibilities as possible and seeing which one Hayward likes the most.

I just find it hard to believe DL looks at what Quin has been doing and looks at Rubio and thinks it's a good match.

Only time will tell. I'm not entirely convinced that we use the available cap space before July 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They can actually talk openly about it until he opts out. So he knows what the options are and if one happens has likely signed off on it.

I think we'd have Bev yesterday if Houston felt good about their chances of signing a big free agent... which is dependent on them unloading Anderson.

I didn't know we based everything off of catch and shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

He's right tho. Hill is a far better fit because of his catching and shooting. Rubio needs the ball in his hand and is a poor shooter. He's my least favorite option out of the ones being discussed. I'd rather have Beverly.

Not really true, but I'll play this game.

Last year, Hill posted roughly a 24% usage rate. Rubio, post LaVine, posted easily his highest usage rate of....about 22%! So he's never had the ball more than what Hill did for us. Would that be too much?

For further accuracy, and SSS warning as well...Rubio post LaVine: 42/36/92 splits. TS% of 55. Stat line of 16/4.5/10.5 and a pile of steals. That ain't too bad.

The guy sucked badly at shooting for his entire career. Then, during a 35-game span, finally shot at an acceptable rate and you want to pretend that is a sure thing that he is going to be decent again. Okay!

WC calls me a contrarian when I disagree with him. WC then goes on to disagree with a ton of people.

Who is the real contrarian?

No thanks to Rubio unless they take Burks for him. I'd much rather get Beverley. Think he fits the culture better and ai like his contract a lot better. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz flip Diaw's contract for Cory Joseph. Seems like a very DL thing to do.

Just go get Beverly already. We can take away the point guard excuse from Hayward and it really doesn't mess anything up going forward. He fits a more similar role to what we are used to... it just works... make it happen.

Just go get Beverly already. We can take away the point guard excuse from Hayward and it really doesn't mess anything up going forward. He fits a more similar role to what we are used to... it just works... make it happen.

Is Patrick Beverly, the guy whose offensive relevancy is 100% tied to James Harden, suppose to convince Hayward to stay?

Is Patrick Beverly, the guy whose offensive relevancy is 100% tied to James Harden, suppose to convince Hayward to stay?

1st team all defense. I am sure he can make threes when our guys pass to him too.

Listened to dunkd on mock offseason. We would be smart to wait out point guard. It dried up super quick. Hill ended up getting like a one year 18M deal because there was just nothing.