Ricky shoot around comments to media

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by infection, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor 2019 Award Winner

May 26, 2010
    Look, it's the players choice to hold this against the FO. They're entitled to that decision, but I'm confident they will not find another organization that treats them with the same amount of respect as the Utah Jazz will if that's something they value.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    elan_prodigy likes this.

2. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    I could see Bledsoe being our pg next season.

elan_prodigy likes this.
  3. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Could be. Boler did mention that that Igor and Ricky had become close last season.

4. bombastic

bombastic Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Probably nothing. this is the business and the NBA.

I don't think any free agent will think "oh they actually trade their players so I should probably not sign with them..." Jazz FO did what other 29 FO do.

5. Douchebag K

Douchebag K Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Except unlike some teams they didn’t say one thing to his face and then do something completely different.

I know it sucks but ffs if you sign a contract that pays you 16 million a season and part of the conditions is the team can trade you .. well .. deal with it

elan_prodigy likes this.
  6. phippsj

phippsj Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Wonder how people on this board would act if they found out the company they worked for was interviewing people for the same job, and for whatever reason didn’t hire them. I’m sure a few would start looking for new jobs and talk to their closer co-workers about it. Human nature.

7. bombastic

bombastic Member

Jul 8, 2017
    If you are talking about the Clippers and Blake Griffin situation, yeah that was pretty low. But honestly, can you blame the Clippers for that? Because of that move (and subsequent move of trading Harris to Phili), they have a **** load of assets now and they can actually rebuild. I haven't seen any story saying that a free agent doesn't want to sign with LA Clippers because of BG situation. We'll see this summer whether they can sign anyone and if there is any damage made there.

As far as BG, he signed a 5-year max. No other team could have given him that. The only thing is that the FO took the choice where he is going to play. In return, he got an extra year on the contract. It is a fair trade off in my opinion. And honestly, playing for bad Clippers team or bad Pistons team what's the difference?

8. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Temperature.

9. bigb

bigb Free at last!!! Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Not only that, but LA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Detroit

10. elan_prodigy

elan_prodigy Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2016
    You're a sensitive one.

Obviously new around these parts if you think Rubio is the only one who catches heat here.
    Dante
    Royce
    Jae
    Favs
    Neto
    All cop their whack. We even have some idiots who try and trade Rudy once a year.

Ya boi is just ordinary all round.

11. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Lol

12. elan_prodigy

Nov 27, 2016
    Are you serious?

How is a FO meant to operate?? If anything you said was to eventuate you know what you do, you trade everyone! A FO cannot be held hostage by the feelings of the players.

That take might be the dumbest thing Ive read on here.

13. Dali

Dali Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    Yeah, you can see the devastated look on his face as he turned to the PR dude that cut him off with the spurs question.

Edit: Also, somebody asked the question what are the players thinking about the FO now. There is a flip side also. What does the FO think about Ricky firmly taking a shot at them.

Surely any percentage of Ricky staying now has probably plummeted.

14. elan_prodigy

Nov 27, 2016
    Isnt this why Dante needs to start after Allstar?

How do we assess our needs at PG if we dont see Dante with the starters and playing 30mins a night?

LoPo and fishonjazz like this.
  15. bombastic

bombastic Member

Jul 8, 2017
    He should console himself with 38 MM 5th year salary. BTW I got to say Detroit airport is kind of nice.

16. Douchebag K

Douchebag K Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Can I blame the clippers for how they did that ??? Uh. Yeah. They wooed him with talk of retiring his jersey in the rafters .. then a few months later out of nowhere shipped him off to some NBA hellhole

17. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Ricky time to move to the bench. It's Dantes time. Ricky would be a good bench player. The jazz need to speed the starting lineup up.

18. Strutter

Strutter Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    You're kidding yourself if you don't think Ricky's received the largest share of criticism on this forum besides possibly Dante. Like where are these supposed frequent gripes about Royce and Neto? Seriously? I think he has a point in that Joe Ingles has had plenty of disappearing acts this season, but doesn't seem to draw nearly as much criticism as Ricky when he has a poor shooting night. Does Ricky deserve criticism this season? Absolutely. He's been far from a perfect player. But if you're a Ricky fan I can totally understand why you'd be frustrated with how much focus is put on Ricky from game to game.

Jason, Sugarless and RRJazz like this.
  19. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I feel it needs to be mentioned...Memphis Grizzlies Front Office sucks.

Leaking trade details in an attempt to get leverage. Cost them nothing, costing the Jazz plenty. Same group of fools that traded wrong player earlier this season.

fishonjazz and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  20. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Vaya mandarina, Daimiel!

Sugarless likes this.