What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

Donovan and Rudy make amends. Then Wood signs. Jazz then take a huge sum from Corona beer company as a sponsor instead of Vivint. Next year we bring ‘chip home to Corona Arena.

Well, the good and bad news is Conley Island might not opt in the player option this summer and the bad is no free agent nba players might not want to come to Utah because of the Rudy/Donovan virus situation.
Is this new? Because I thought this was the narrative for the entirety of my fandom? That narrative has nothing to do with Corona when it’s gone, it’s gone period.

I would trade Mitchell before I trade Rudy and it’s not close.
This is so dumb. You can't rely on Gobert to lead anybody anywhere. You don't trade Iverson to keep Mutombo.

Mitchell is a future super star. Gobert is a fantastic regular season player.

And quit crying about Donovan talking to Woj. It's not that big of a deal.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Reactions: MVP
This is so dumb. You can't rely on Gobert to lead anybody anywhere. You don't trade Iverson to keep Mutombo.

Mitchell is a future super star. Gobert is a fantastic regular season player.

And quit crying about Donovan talking to Woj. It's not that big of a deal.

Yes it is. Because it shows he’s a drama queen who will do it if things get rough ever. Donovan needs to grow the **** up and act like the leader he pretends he is for PR.

As for why you keep Donovan. More marketable, more diverse skill set, and better chance other guys are willing to play with him. He’s obviously closer with guys currently in the locker room than Rudy as well.

Mathis is sad really. Don is no AI and Mutombo is no Gobert.

fact is it’s easier to build around Gobert than it is around Mitchell. Mitchell can’t be the lead guy on a contending team. Not a good enough finisher and doesn’t get to the line on top of being short. Mitchell needs the ball in hand. Without Mitchell this team would be exactly where they are now or maybe a little less. Conley would be better too. I’m not bashing Mitchell, he’s just not who we need him to be. On the other hand, you take Gobert off the team and we are much worse. He doesn’t need to be the guy, but affects the game a ton with his dunks and defense. He’s just easier to build a team around. The players around Gobert fit better with Michell not there.

I’ve always been the gambler. I’d like to keep both and hope we get that special offensive talent that checks the boxes Mitchell doesn’t (finishing, getting extra ft’s)

@LoPo AI was truly special. Every time he touched the ball the defensive pressure for the other team was off the chart. Him leading the 76ers to the finals was nothing short of incredible being 6-0. We will never see that again.

As far as trading Mitchell we would get a ton of value and assets to give us the ability to try again at building a contender without completely starting over. He’s also our most valuable trade chip due to still being on that rookie deal and being marketable she is. He’s just not that prime time player we want him to be, and make no mistake. Gobert is the biggest game changer on the team.

Don sells jerseys and probably boosts the Jazz brand. Personally, i think rudy is more valuable on the court but the off the court impact may also be considered if it came down to it.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Donovan is 23, he’s going to be quite incredible in about 2 years.

At this point I’ll let Donovan speak. I don’t like how he’s handled this so far but we’ll see what he says and how he acts in the weeks following. Love Donovan, hope he grows from this. I stick with, if we do have to chose you chose Donovan. I would still love to see Donovan here a very long time and you’re going to have to let him hit his prime before you’re making judgements he can’t be the best player on a contending team because he’s quite an amazing talent.

Yes it is. Because it shows he’s a drama queen who will do it if things get rough ever. Donovan needs to grow the **** up and act like the leader he pretends he is for PR.

As for why you keep Donovan. More marketable, more diverse skill set, and better chance other guys are willing to play with him. He’s obviously closer with guys currently in the locker room than Rudy as well.
Donovan is a drama queen? Really? In his 2.5 years, has he done any of the following...

- cry about missing the all star team
- call out his teammates for not getting the ball enough multiple times this season
- throw 5 or 6 temper tantrums on the court the last two seasons

All Donovan did was get upset about something Rudy did in the lockerroom and may have been the one to tell Woj that teammates were upset about Rudy's actions.

Donovan hasn't been a drama king at all. Especially not compared to Rudy.

Donovan is a drama queen? Really? In his 2.5 years, has he done any of the following...

- call out his teammates for not getting the ball enough multiple times this season

All Donovan did was get upset about something Rudy did in the lockerroom and may have been the one to tell Woj that teammates were upset about Rudy's actions.

It’s fair to say Rudy has been too. I’ve criticized him in the past few weeks over it. I expected more from Donovan. Like I said. I’ll see what he has to say when he says it.

Oh wow. Way to go being factually dishonest.

Rudy cried because he started talking about his mom and the hardships she went through raising him. You aren't any better than the cesspool of twitter with this.

Rudy was right about not getting the ball. He changed the shot selection of the team and made it better with his comment. We cut down on lots of floaters after it and it coincided with our streak albeit on a easier part of the schedule.

Ingles throws tantrums, Mitchell does, Bojan does. Rudy is not the only one raising his hands after he feels he has been done wrong.

Oh wow. Way to go being factually dishonest.

Rudy cried because he started talking about his mom and the hardships she went through raising him. You aren't any better than the cesspool of twitter with this.

Rudy was right about not getting the ball. He changed the shot selection of the team and made it better with his comment. We cut down on lots of floaters after it and it coincided with our streak albeit on a easier part of the schedule.

Ingles throws tantrums, Mitchell does, Bojan does. Rudy is not the only one raising his hands after he feels he has been done wrong.
Donovan throws tantrums? When?

Wow I can’t believe some of you are going on that Gobert is who you build a team around. What League are you watching? This is offensive. Stars. Centers being obsolete league now. No way you trade cornerstone OFFENSIVE piece over an obsolete position player. That’s ridiculous. I say don’t trade either one. But no way in hell you trade Donovan before Rudy.