What's new

RIP Mark Eaton

Sad news. Met him once in the bathroom at the airport. Nice guy. He had broken a wrist after his ski pole got caught in the new electronic gates at Deer Valley. He didn't let his enormous size keep him from living a seeming normal life.

Way sad :( He retired before I even started watching the jazz but always loved him when he was on the broadcast.

Wow. Sad day. It'll be great to see the tribute they put together before the game tonight.

Man... really.... this some ********. RIP Mark. Seemed like a great dude obvi a great player.

Such sad news. Judging by what those who knew him are saying in their statements and tweets it sounds like he was a really good person. I saw Mark at a restaurant in Park City when I was a kid and was blown away by his size.

By every and all accounts a great person which should mean more in these conversations. It’s a very sad day.
That’s the impression I got. Everyone that I know that met him said he was the nicest dude. I wish we would have given him more broadcast time... always seemed well spoken and thoughtful. Interestingly enough Sloan was the same way... you’d think he’d be kinda prickly.

Class act. Wish his family well.

Talked to Mark a few times over the years. He was a fine gentleman, a very nice person, and one huge man.

I had seen him on cameo and almost booked him for a playoff hype thread. That will be a big regret.