What's new

Rodney Hood Going Hard!

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Rodney Hood impresses me more and more.

Alex Kennedy: Utah's Rodney Hood isn't taking time off. He's already doing two-a-days at @IMGAcademy because he wants to stay in game shape all summer. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

I want so bad to hear news like this about Gobert, Exum, Hayward, Favors, Burks an Burke.

Hood must want that starting SG spot awful bad. If he gets it Burks will look good as our Manu.

Alex Kennedy: Utah's Rodney Hood isn't taking time off. He's already doing two-a-days at @IMGAcademy because he wants to stay in game shape all summer. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

I want so bad to hear news like this about Gobert, Exum, Hayward, Favors, Burks an Burke.

And so many want to bring in another wing so Hood's minutes can go to about 15/per. :mad:

I don't think Burks can go hard yet. I know he was doing some light shooting as the season ended. I'm sure he's on a conservative rehab program and I'd be surprised if he went to P3 this year.

AS for Exum, he's used to those 3-mth summer vacations from school. Wouldn't he be a HS sophomore this season?
JK...but really no concern (at least about him taking a walkabout right now). Everyone needs a break. I'll bet he's back around summer league time.

And so many want to bring in another wing so Hood's minutes can go to about 15/per. :mad:.

IDK, it seems like a lot of that talk has died down, for the most part. Probably a mixture of realizing we really don't have minutes/need, and fans coming to terms with the fact that certain UFAs just aren't realistic options. Having said all that, there are still a few guys in the draft worth moving up for that could cause a bit of a logjam. Just the same, if Utah could come away with someone like Hezonja, I'd still do it. Millsap would probably be moved and Ingles would basically become injury insurance.

Exactly who wants Hood playing 15 minutes a game Stifle? Or are you just making stuff up?

Nobody. The following would be a reasonable rotation:

Exum 32 / Neto 18 / Burke 28
Matthews 32 / Burks 30 / Hood 25 / Ingles 20
Hayward 33 / Millsap 18
Favors 32 / Booker 20
Gobert 30 / Cooley 5

Hayward 33 / Millsap 18
Favors 32 / Booker 20
Gobert 30 / Cooley 5

Math?

He said he wants to stay in shape for SL and will take a break after that.

His commitment is still impressive... I'll bet guys take breaks after SL too. He's clearly got a plan. Hopefully dante does too...

Exactly who wants Hood playing 15 minutes a game Stifle? Or are you just making stuff up?

Well, it could be Alec then, unless you think he can play PG. That's a HUGE stretch. He's not a great defender to begin with, so how do you put him on faster PG's?

96 minutes at the 2/3. Assume - if we got a top FA - he would start and play 30 minutes minimum. Hayward averaged 34, IINM, but cut him back to 32. That's 62 minutes. So 34 to split between Hood and Burks. OK, I just made it up...you could actually play Hood and Burks 17 minutes each. And perhaps hope they rotate minor injuries so there's enough time for all of them.

You have the mention the part that he is going to take his offseason break after summer league. Everyone else is just doing it in the early part of the season. It is traditionally the best way for the players to get fully healthy and then to train.

You have the mention the part that he is going to take his offseason break after summer league. Everyone else is just doing it in the early part of the season. It is traditionally the best way for the players to get fully healthy and then to train.
Well, if the Jazz had made the playoffs they could still be playing. So continuing on through summer league and then taking a break is not that big a deal. He has time to rest for a bit and then get ready for training camp. Agree with Doublea, Hood barely got back to playing and then the season ended. He's still amped up and doesn't want to quit just yet.

Wasn't there one summer league game in which he hit 7 three-pointers or something like that? He has such a sweet shot. I fully expect "The Prince of Threes" to average 40%+ next season. And what's impressive about him is he can also get inside. Definitely underrated at draft time. Two years in a row we get the steal of the draft!

And so many want to bring in another wing so Hood's minutes can go to about 15/per. :mad:

I don't think Burks can go hard yet. I know he was doing some light shooting as the season ended. I'm sure he's on a conservative rehab program and I'd be surprised if he went to P3 this year.

AS for Exum, he's used to those 3-mth summer vacations from school. Wouldn't he be a HS sophomore this season?
JK...but really no concern (at least about him taking a walkabout right now). Everyone needs a break. I'll bet he's back around summer league time.

Burks can't go full contact till July.

Hayward 33 / Millsap 18
Favors 32 / Booker 20
Gobert 30 / Cooley 5
Only reasonable if you assume we are playing more than 3 Overtime periods a game. Because you have 83 minutes more than are in an NBA game in this rotation.

Only reasonable if you assume we are playing more than 3 Overtime periods a game. Because you have 83 minutes more than are in an NBA game in this rotation.

DL's job is to get QS talent and we just need to trust in QS to make it work. We all trust QS has a formula to get more minutes available on the floor for everyone so that we can bring in wings and still have room for Burks and Hood to get theirs.

I think Hood was really pissed off that he missed so much time this season. He wanted that experience bad.

Unfortunately he had some weird injuries (inflammation in foot sidelined him beginning in November and then again in January as well as his chronic 'runs').

I don't know if anything can be done to fix/strengthen his foot. But here's hoping it no longer bothers him and he shows up ready for next season.