What's new

Rodney Hood Going Hard!

DL's job is to get QS talent and we just need to trust in QS to make it work. We all trust QS has a formula to get more minutes available on the floor for everyone so that we can bring in wings and still have room for Burks and Hood to get theirs.
Is it QS's job to make the mathematics work even if DL sets up impossibilities?

Is it QS's job to make the mathematics work even if DL sets up impossibilities?

QS is a professional coach and on another level than us. He gets paid handsomely. If he can't find a minutes loophole to accommodate our irrational assessment of minute distribution this offseason then he shouldn't be coaching in the highest league of professional sports.

DL's job is to get QS talent and we just need to trust in QS to make it work. We all trust QS has a formula to get more minutes available on the floor for everyone so that we can bring in wings and still have room for Burks and Hood to get theirs.

Maybe he'll take that little old lady's suggestion from the commercial and go with six players.

Defense isnt about sprinting faster down teh court, it's moving your feet latterally and fighting through picks with speed. Stuff Burks isn;t good at.

Not that Burks has excellent lateral speed but he has the tools, mainly size, to cover PGs. I think the main worry is his anticipation. He doesn't see the screens coming most of the time. He also won't hurt us as much as Burke does and the offensive gain could be more that defensive loss.

Defense isnt about sprinting faster down teh court, it's moving your feet latterally and fighting through picks with speed. Stuff Burks isn;t good at.
He is poor at fighting thorough screens, watching his man off ball, and dealing with physicality.
He does fine defending on ball against speed. That's what I was trying to say.
Lack of speed is not his defensive weakness. Strength, technique, and focus are what make him a poor defender imo

We don't need more wings. We have plenty of good enough players at those positions that need minutes to finish developing. Hood and Burks both have more upside than Mathews. And Hayward is already superior to Mathews. I see no reason to complicate the backcourt when we have more pressing needs at backup PG and C.

You said it was a reasonable rotation and put in some minutes. So they are your minutes.

The minutes were a visual that depicted the asininity of the assumption that we'll pick up a wing without thinking it will cut minutes down for someone like Hood to some arbitrary number of, oh, 15 or so.

The minutes were a visual that depicted the asininity of the assumption that we'll pick up a wing without thinking it will cut minutes down for someone like Hood to some arbitrary number of, oh, 15 or so.
gotcha. It did not come across to me as sarcastic. I see I was wrong about that.

Unfortunately he had some weird injuries (inflammation in foot sidelined him beginning in November and then again in January as well as his chronic 'runs').

I don't know if anything can be done to fix/strengthen his foot. But here's hoping it no longer bothers him and he shows up ready for next season.

Sounds like he might have inflammatory bowel disease or Reiter's syndrome which can be associated with enthesopathy and plantar fasciitis. If so, he needs to get a good GI doc and get on a good disease modifying agent before he starts having real problems.

Sounds like he might have inflammatory bowel disease or Reiter's syndrome which can be associated with enthesopathy and plantar fasciitis. If so, he needs to get a good GI doc and get on a good disease modifying agent before he starts having real problems.
At odd as it sounds that bowel issues and plantar fascitis could be related, I have a feeling that you know what you're talking about. I wonder if anyone in a position to treat Hood has made this same diagnosis.

At odd as it sounds that bowel issues and plantar fascitis could be related, I have a feeling that you know what you're talking about. I wonder if anyone in a position to treat Hood has made this same diagnosis.

A quick google search of IBD and plantar fasciitis should be enough for any team doc. I guess they would have to be thinking of IBD to begin with. I'm not saying this is what he has, just that these symptoms can be linked. They probably should look into ruling it out, just to be safe.

Last edited: