What's new

Rodney Hood Going Hard!

Not that Burks has excellent lateral speed but he has the tools, mainly size, to cover PGs. I think the main worry is his anticipation. He doesn't see the screens coming most of the time. He also won't hurt us as much as Burke does and the offensive gain could be more that defensive loss.

His biggest weakness is defending against picks. He can't guard PG's.

His biggest weakness is defending against picks. He can't guard PG's.

Cuz trey is awesome at it... Dude gets stuck to the screener like Velcro.

My biggest pet peeve with Alec is falling asleep when he's guarding off ball. I think putting him on ball more is fine. If we switch everything he is going to provide more length when switching on to bigs than trey currently does.

I think Alec can guard backup PGs and will improve on D. He has the physical tools and seems really engaged.

Did anyone already say that's what she said?

Ok.

As has been stated many times already, Burks' issue in defending isn't that he's slow. It's that he's dumb. Guarding PGs shouldn't be any more of an issue than him guarding anyone else. At least he would have to stay focused on his man more and have a size advantage.

As has been stated many times already, Burks' issue in defending isn't that he's slow. It's that he's dumb. Guarding PGs shouldn't be any more of an issue than him guarding anyone else. At least he would have to stay focused on his man more and have a size advantage.

And that he is too weak to fight through picks, which only gets harder guarding PG's.

And that he is too weak to fight through picks, which only gets harder guarding PG's.

If he's playing at backup PG then he's taking some of treys minutes. Is trey a good defender? Don't think it will matter much if at all.

Cuz trey is awesome at it... Dude gets stuck to the screener like Velcro.

My biggest pet peeve with Alec is falling asleep when he's guarding off ball. I think putting him on ball more is fine. If we switch everything he is going to provide more length when switching on to bigs than trey currently does.

I think Alec can guard backup PGs and will improve on D. He has the physical tools and seems really engaged.

Yup

We're also talking about mostly backups, and he'd generally have a great rim protector behind him as well. Him guarding the position is way down the list of my concerns about him picking up some slack if Burke gets traded off.

We're also talking about mostly backups, and he'd generally have a great rim protector behind him as well. Him guarding the position is way down the list of my concerns about him picking up some slack if Burke gets traded off.

Would be interesting with those guys behind him if coach told him to go ahead and gamble a bit on the outside. If we get deflections and actually push the ball Alec is a great finisher on the break.