What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

Would it?

25 per year is like the new 20 per year under the new CBA, right?
But I want him at the new 15M per year.

I would pass at 4/100M but they can give me some assets when they need to salary dump him later and I will take the deal.

His efficiency doesn't seem to change all that much and I'm not sure he's what I want defensively... he's not bad. IDK.. I just hope he gets paid by Washington. I think he is who he is at this point and seems like the perfect guy for the Wiz to overpay to keep.

But I want him at the new 15M per year.

I would pass at 4/100M but they can give me some assets when they need to salary dump him later and I will take the deal.

His efficiency doesn't seem to change all that much and I'm not sure he's what I want defensively... he's not bad. IDK.. I just hope he gets paid by Washington. I think he is who he is at this point and seems like the perfect guy for the Wiz to overpay to keep.
He could be a good contract to have for a star trade. You put Kuzma, picks, some young prospects in and you have a good package to a team looking to trade their star.

He could be a good contract to have for a star trade. You put Kuzma, picks, some young prospects in and you have a good package to a team looking to trade their star.
Most of the star trades involve expiring contracts. I think if that is part of the plan the John Collins route is better.

Wiz gonna break him off at 4/120M and create Tobias Harris contract part 2.

Most of the star trades involve expiring contracts. I think if that is part of the plan the John Collins route is better.

Wiz gonna break him off at 4/120M and create Tobias Harris contract part 2.
I hope not. I think with the new CBA being more strict maybe teams will be smarter about offering these guys who are outside the clear top 50 these huge huge contracts.

I hope not. I think with the new CBA being more strict maybe teams will be smarter about offering these guys who are outside the clear top 50 these huge huge contracts.
I think there is normally a lag and then overcorrection with these types of things.

Payton Pritchard has apparently made it clear he would like to be traded. Are we interested?
I'd be down for this... Tony Jones threw cold water him before though. I think he could be a poor man's Tyus Jones type. I think he would be real cheap so there is that.

Payton Pritchard has apparently made it clear he would like to be traded. Are we interested?
1685650408907.png
Seriously though... not a difference maker at all. Also only 6' 0.5" (2020 combine without shoes) and some people are already worried about Wallace who is 2 inches taller.

The price on Payton might just be taking his contract and giving a second rounder. He's a good player... I get that he's short but we could use him. While yall are looking up his height check his stats too.

He would be in the rotation on many teams... I'd say most teams. Boston just happens to have Smart, White, Brogdon... so kinda tough to see regular action.

The price on Payton might just be taking his contract and giving a second rounder. He's a good player... I get that he's short but we could use him. While yall are looking up his height check his stats too.

He would be in the rotation on many teams... I'd say most teams. Boston just happens to have Smart, White, Brogdon... so kinda tough to see regular action.
Ok, but if you Utah drafts a PG prospect (which we all think they will) where the **** is Pritchard getting minutes? He's asking out to get time, not ride pine. Dude might be a baller who can put up buckets, but we don't need that when we got Sexton.

Sexton/THT/Dunn/2023 draft pick are all going to be far ahead in the pecking order.

Ok, but if you Utah drafts a PG prospect (which we all think they will) where the **** is Pritchard getting minutes? He's asking out to get time, not ride pine. Dude might be a baller who can put up buckets, but we don't need that when we got Sexton.

Sexton/THT/Dunn/2023 draft pick are all going to be far ahead in the pecking order.
I think THT could be on another team... and don't think we will for sure draft a pg. Its not ideal with Sexton but Pritchard can shoot well... so he can go offball with some of these guys and supplement playmaking. If the price is right then do it.... figure it out later.

A
I think THT could be on another team... and don't think we will for sure draft a pg. Its not ideal with Sexton but Pritchard can shoot well... so he can go offball with some of these guys and supplement playmaking. If the price is right then do it.... figure it out later.
THat's certainly possible, but I think he stays. Plus we might keep Clarkson, so add another player ahead.

A

THat's certainly possible, but I think he stays. Plus we might keep Clarkson, so add another player ahead.
And if that happens then don't do Payton... I think he's a guy that is undervalued and could be a shrewd add for us. If it was just a second or two I think I'd pick him up and live with being tiny in the backcourt with Sexton and Payton for a few minutes. Injuries, trades, etc. could all thin the guard position out. If you drafted Black I think you could play him with Pritchard... Dunn as well... THT as well. He's a good player and we need good players.