What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

Pritchard is an example of a guy that fell out of the playoff rotation. The Lakers had three or four such guys that were first round picks. The Celtics also had some guys not in the playoff rotation that were also first round picks.

Pritchard is an example of a guy that fell out of the playoff rotation. The Lakers had three or four such guys that were first round picks. The Celtics also had some guys not in the playoff rotation that were also first round picks.
Nah… they just overloaded at pg… they brought in Brogdon to be sixth man. They got three pg/combo guards that would start for the majority of NBA teams. Just a minutes squeeze.

Lmao cmon
Please tell me what I said that makes this lmao. Brogdon, White, Smart are all starters in most situations. Pritchard wasn’t playing in the regular season because of a minutes squeeze. He’s been good when he plays.

I’m sorry he’s a short ugly white dude… but he can play.

I like the idea of Kris Dunn surrounded by highly skilled wings. Kessler would be the weak point. But if Kessler is your weakness on offense you have a good team. I don't want to draft a pure point guard. I want multiskilled, athletic players to be drafted.

Bruce Brown and Naz Reid have to be at or near the top of the list.
I want Yuta Watanabe. Shouldn’t cost too much, but looks like a great hustle and culture guy. Jazz should have room to add a guy like him with his size profile. Think he could be a nice valued surprise pickup.

Also, he shot 44% on three pointers last year. Great production for a bench guy, who has a decent shot at getting into the rotation.

Plus, it’d be fun to have Japanese fans flood the board like the Aussie, French, Italian and Finnish fans have previously.

Last edited:
What’s the read on Nikola Jovic? If the Jazz took on Oladipo’s last year (either entirely absorbing or sending KO), would taking back Jovic be a sensible price for both parties? How might that compare to the idea of trading up from #28 for their #18?

What’s the read on Nikola Jovic? If the Jazz took on Oladipo’s last year (either entirely absorbing or sending KO), would taking back Jovic be a sensible price for both parties? How might that compare to the idea of trading up from #28 for their #18?

Not a bad idea. I would probably prefer swapping picks but I would take Jovic as well.

Not a bad idea. I would probably prefer swapping picks but I would take Jovic as well.
My only concern is that I think he had a stress fracture injury in his back and I’d want to make sure that it’s not going to become a chronic issue.

Last edited:
Miami has $60 million tied up in Lowry, Robinson, and Oladipo while being in a year-by-year contention window. They should be eager to deal, especially since they’re already good at finding diamonds in the rough as it is (this is in reference to them being amenable to parting with future-facing assets).

They should also be thrilled to get Dunn. Just gonna throw that out there too.

Miami has $60 million tied up in Lowry, Robinson, and Oladipo while being in a year-by-year contention window. They should be eager to deal, especially since they’re already good at finding diamonds in the rough as it is (this is in reference to them being amenable to parting with future-facing assets).

They should also be thrilled to get Dunn. Just gonna throw that out there too.

I floated out straight up taking Lowry if they included 18. That would help them out immensely.

If we threw in Dunn I think it would both seal the deal and maybe get multiple 2nds back in the coffers.
It'd need to be a post July 3rd deal and that would pretty much kill our cap for the season. That said, Lowry would be a nice vet presence and valuable chip at the deadline to another team that needs to clean house pronto. If there's a player we like that falls there, then eff it, let's do it.

It'd need to be a post July 3rd deal and that would pretty much kill our cap for the season. That said, Lowry would be a nice vet presence and valuable chip at the deadline to another team that needs to clean house pronto. If there's a player we like that falls there, then eff it, let's do it.

View: https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1665141133935083520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1665141133935083520%7Ctwgr%5E50ea0a185a4cb60a3a8a2c8e15f5afe5033d575e%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fclutchpoints.com%2Fjazz-news-kyle-lowry-challenges-walker-kessler-epic-finals-moment

Foreshadowing ?

I've thought Ainge might like Jarace quite a bit. He's picked a few guys with bigger/stockier body types over the years--G. Williams, Smart, Ojeleye, Yabusele. A few of them had questions around their shooting coming into the draft, and Danny has been willing to take a chance on them. Walker would seem to fit that mold.
Not something I considered before. Ainge definitely likes them thicc