What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

What’s the read on Nikola Jovic? If the Jazz took on Oladipo’s last year (either entirely absorbing or sending KO), would taking back Jovic be a sensible price for both parties? How might that compare to the idea of trading up from #28 for their #18?
I love to trade KO for jokic and dipo
I think they will want more though

Lowry definitely was super positive about the Jazz.
I believe there was some story, maybe it was somewhere circa 2016 or 2017, where he supposedly was very close to signing with us. Or maybe it was trade but I think it was signing. Wish I could remember but I know someone here knows it because that’s where I heard it. It’s so emerging that had come out way after the fact.

I believe there was some story, maybe it was somewhere circa 2016 or 2017, where he supposedly was very close to signing with us. Or maybe it was trade but I think it was signing. Wish I could remember but I know someone here knows it because that’s where I heard it. It’s so emerging that had come out way after the fact.

I remember that too. I think Hayward waiting so long to make his decision might have screwed us out of the opportunity to sign Lowry.

It was the summer of 2017. We were reportedly really close to signing him but decided to keep the cap space available hoping that Hayward re-signed.

Without a doubt. Whenever there's an undersized, overpaid guard available who's soon gonna be on the wrong side of 30 and even more overpaid, you have to go for it.
I mean we won't be the only ones lining up to pay him... lol. He's a good winning player with some warts... cap space in Utah likely doesn't do a whole lot better than that. We could always just roll with Kris Dunn I suppose.

I think I pass on FVV. I don’t think it makes much sense for a rebuilding or retooling team prioritizing youth and potential to handcuff themselves to a 30-year old 6’ PG that has racked up more on-court miles than anyone in the last couple of years . I’m never a big fan of marrying players that might just suddenly fall off a cliff, and grinding PGs over 30 are the most likely to do that.

I won’t riot if he’s signed but I just don’t think that’s the direction we should be going (unless an off-ramp is already in the works that flips him before the debt is due).

Last edited:
we are not interested in fvv imo anyway, but if we were, it wouldn't take much to assume at that point,we were likely moving 9 and 16 .aka trading out for a win now veteran as well.