What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

Looks like ORL is in the running for FVV and willing to break the bank. Have to wonder where that leaves Suggs and Fultz. Suggs can play with FVV, Fultz is a tough fit.

I've strangely been watching a decent amount of ORL recently, and I've been fairly impressed with Fultz. Defensively he's big and athletic with active hands. On offense he's explosive, a great passer, and is a very comfortable mid range shooter. This combo makes him so tough to guard in PnR. He's come along way, but the 3 point shooting is still not there and probably won't be. I would not mind tossing a bad first for him. He's kind of like a more polished version of point THT.

Orlando is giving up Fultz. And Fultz is a much better fit with FVV than Suggs is.

Orlando is giving up Fultz. And Fultz is a much better fit with FVV than Suggs is.

I don't see how Fultz is a better fit because his game is so heavily dependent on having the ball. Suggs is more of a true combo guard. He just needs to improve his shooting, but I would definitely bet on Suggs 3 point shooting over Fultz.

Pretty much this... the reason we didn't trade him for 3-4 seconds is because we will either retain him at a decent price or move him in a sign and trade and get something worth more than 3-4 seconds. Or he walks and we open up another 15M in cap space to work with.

I think we made the right value judgement as I don't think there was a first out there for JC.

I do kinda wonder if we made the right decision between him and Beasley. I'm sure the Lakers would have preferred Clarkson if he was on the table, and they may have lightened protections for him. With Beasley, you retain the option to bring him back.

I do kinda wonder if we made the right decision between him and Beasley. I'm sure the Lakers would have preferred Clarkson if he was on the table, and they may have lightened protections for him. With Beasley, you retain the option to bring him back.
I’d personally probably take 16M in cap space over Beasley. I wonder if they didn’t want to be in the Malik Beasley business long term. Think he may have wanted an extension if we kept him. I think there is a chance LA declines his option… we’ll see.

I’d rather keep JC even if he is frustrating at times. Based on the latest rumblings it sounds like they won’t get wild with a contract offer so I’m good.

I don't see how Fultz is a better fit because his game is so heavily dependent on having the ball. Suggs is more of a true combo guard. He just needs to improve his shooting, but I would definitely bet on Suggs 3 point shooting over Fultz.
Wonder if it’s end up a sign and trade maybe… not that Orlando needs it to be. If not and they want to trade Suggs I’d be here for it if it’s fairly cheap… I can’t believe he’s not a better nba player but I think injuries are part of his disappointing start to his career.

A situation worth monitoring there.

also kinda hilarious for FVV… would leave a team with long athletes but needs some shooting for a team with long athletes that needs some shooting… but the tax situation would be a lot nicer.

Fultz a much better shooter than Suggs.

also kinda hilarious for FVV… would leave a team with long athletes but needs some shooting for a team with long athletes that needs some shooting… but the tax situation would be a lot nicer.
Assuming Banchero takes a shooting leap they would have 4 starters over 35% from 3 on decent volume with FVV starting next to Fultz.

Suggs are career 25% from 3 and Fultz is 27%...

Fultz has attempted 50 threes total this season. He barely shoots them at all. Suggs is shooting 30% this year, which is terrible, but at least he shoots them, is improved, and also didn’t literally forget how to shoots like Fultz. You can’t be a better 3 point shooter than someone if you barely take any and only shoot 30% to begin with.

Fultz has attempted 50 threes total this season. He barely shoots them at all. Suggs is shooting 30% this year, which is terrible, but at least he shoots them, is improved, and also didn’t literally forget how to shoots like Fultz. You can’t be a better 3 point shooter than someone if you barely take any and only shoot 30% to begin with.
It means Suggs is dumb enough to take want the defense gives him.

If okc misses the playoffs any chance they start looking at trading SGA? Does he ask out?

They definitely don't want to trade him, and I seriously doubt he asks out...they have as many draft assets going forward as the Jazz and some nice young talent. Their future is very bright.

Last edited: