What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

You know what is nice.... our two best players really seem to like each other. I know that is touchy feely mumbo jumbo... but it matters and it never felt like Don and Rudy were as cool with each other as Walker and Lauri. It must be nice to come to work with people you not only respect but like.

I'm going to try and be more positive even if we win a game or two that hurt our draft stuff... should be more grateful for what we are seeing and building.

I kind of like Murray's personality tbh... super cool backstory there. Depends on how the draft goes and if we would have the possibility to extend him (either with a new CBA or through a re-negotiate and extend deal). He'd fit the timeline. I am not sure he is a true AS level pg or if he is just really good and was opportunistic with good usage in SA.

I'd also like that you kind of have a price set on him... like he was just traded for 2 unprotected picks, a heavily protected 1st and a swap. So, one year left feels like an unprotected pick and the Lakers pick would be the range. Like the price shouldn't get out of hand unless there are a few bidders.

He's had some weird quotes about his time in SAS, sounds like he always thinks people are out to get him. But tbf that's not the worst thing ever and there's probably a hint of truth to what he's saying and with his background it's understandable why he's this way. It's kind of like having a perma chip on his shoulder.

If we can know beforehand that he will resign, I think he's worth trading for. He's not the most efficient offensive player with his mid range heavy game, but I do think his non-conventional style will hold up against playoff defenses.

I kind of like Murray's personality tbh... super cool backstory there. Depends on how the draft goes and if we would have the possibility to extend him (either with a new CBA or through a re-negotiate and extend deal). He'd fit the timeline. I am not sure he is a true AS level pg or if he is just really good and was opportunistic with good usage in SA.

I'd also like that you kind of have a price set on him... like he was just traded for 2 unprotected picks, a heavily protected 1st and a swap. So, one year left feels like an unprotected pick and the Lakers pick would be the range. Like the price shouldn't get out of hand unless there are a few bidders.
Murray is a giant douche bag

He's had some weird quotes about his time in SAS, sounds like he always thinks people are out to get him. But tbf that's not the worst thing ever and there's probably a hint of truth to what he's saying and with his background it's understandable why he's this way. It's kind of like having a perma chip on his shoulder.

If we can know beforehand that he will resign, I think he's worth trading for. He's not the most efficient offensive player with his mid range heavy game, but I do think his non-conventional style will hold up against playoff defenses.
Lauri is like one of the most efficient half court dudes in the league... so medium efficiency would probably work. He seems like a good playmaker too. He has that dawg in him. I'm not much into accelerating the process through "star" hunting but I think Murray might be top 3-4 guys I would be happy they went after.

I think because we have cap space we could do a re-negotiate and extend. The new CBA should be done soon and we will see if they fixed the extension issues.

Ehh, the **** he was doing over the summer was over the line.
Like in the summer games where he was fighting with Banchero and stuff? If so I agree it wasn't good... but I still have no problem with him Ain't like he knocked out a teammate.

Unless its serious nonsense... not sure you could find a better fringe all-star to meld in with the group that would be actually available. He isn't perfect but would help with playmaking, pg play, defense and give us more positional size. The price might be pretty reasonable as well.

Like in the summer games where he was fighting with Banchero and stuff? If so I agree it wasn't good... but I still have no problem with him Ain't like he knocked out a teammate.
More of the one where he was just throwing the ball off some random dudes head for no reason super aggressively.

Lauri is like one of the most efficient half court dudes in the league... so medium efficiency would probably work. He seems like a good playmaker too. He has that dawg in him. I'm not much into accelerating the process through "star" hunting but I think Murray might be top 3-4 guys I would be happy they went after.

I think because we have cap space we could do a re-negotiate and extend. The new CBA should be done soon and we will see if they fixed the extension issues.
I wonder what the trade cost would be compared to Quickley.

More of the one where he was just throwing the ball off some random dudes head for no reason super aggressively.
I mean... Hardy would have worked with him in SA so I'd assume he would be involved in that decision.. so I'd be good with that stuff. Its not ideal obviously but who the hell knows what the dude or his teammates said. Murray also may have just been being an ***... IDK I just don't think that is why you pass on a guy.

I mean... Hardy would have worked with him in SA so I'd assume he would be involved in that decision.. so I'd be good with that stuff. Its not ideal obviously but who the hell knows what the dude or his teammates said. Murray also may have just been being an ***... IDK I just don't think that is why you pass on a guy.
Im sure it would be 100% fine, I just think he's a douche. Also doesnt seem like a dude who wants to be in Utah.

Rank these PG's in order of how much you would be willing to trade for them, and if you dare estimate how much you would give up for each:

Dejounte Murray
Immanuel Quickley
Scoot Henderson
Amen Thompson

Im sure it would be 100% fine, I just think he's a douche. Also doesnt seem like a dude who wants to be in Utah.
I don’t think there are many that would be itching to get here… but if him and Hardy are cool and we can make the money work… maybe the drama in Atlanta is enough to have him like something where it’s about hoops and there is 1000% less bull ****.

Hot take - Trae Young gets extended, then traded.

Hotter take - Donovan Mitchell ends up in Atlanta when that happens.

Rank these PG's in order of how much you would be willing to trade for them, and if you dare estimate how much you would give up for each:

Dejounte Murray
Immanuel Quickley
Scoot Henderson
Amen Thompson

Immanuel Quickley is the only one that I’d trade assets to go get - everyone else will be more expensive than they’re worth right now. I think he can still be had for a decent price, but hasn’t shown just what his ceiling is yet.

Dejounte Murray
Immanuel Quickley
Scoot Henderson
Amen Thompson
Scoot - 9th pick plus like 3 unprotected picks
Dejounte - 1 unprotected, Lakers pick, Sexton assuming they can get a contact extension
Quickley- 1 unprotected… again assuming there is an extension understanding in place.
Amen - 9th pick and another pick.

Amen and Quickley is kind of a tie… I think you’d have to give more for Amen and it’s just such a completely different transaction timeline that it’s hard to contrast and compare.

Dejounte Murray
Immanuel Quickley
Scoot Henderson
Amen Thompson
1. Scoot Henderson
2. Amen Thompson
3. Dejounte Murray
4. Immanuel Quickley

Wouldn't trade for Quickley or Murray though

Scoot - 9th pick plus like 3 unprotected picks
Dejounte - 1 unprotected, Lakers pick, Sexton assuming they can get a contact extension
Quickley- 1 unprotected… again assuming there is an extension understanding in place.
Amen - 9th pick and another pick.

Amen and Quickley is kind of a tie… I think you’d have to give more for Amen and it’s just such a completely different transaction timeline that it’s hard to contrast and compare.

I think I'd be willing to go more on Quickley, I'm a huge fan. The Knicks love Sexton btw, something to think about.

Less on Scoot because I really like the PG prospects we can get at #9. I'm really not sure what to think about Amen at this point. The shot is awful, but does it matter if he's a Ben SImmons/Zion combo playing PG? If he was better at finishing in the half court I think I would be totally sold on Amen.

I think I'd be willing to go more on Quickley, I'm a huge fan. The Knicks love Sexton btw, something to think about.
Oh we know :)

IF they move Quickley I think its a lot about the budget/cap... so doubt they'd want Sexton's salary.
Less on Scoot because I really like the PG prospects we can get at #9. I'm really not sure what to think about Amen at this point. The shot is awful, but does it matter if he's a Ben SImmons/Zion combo playing PG? If he was better at finishing in the half court I think I would be totally sold on Amen.
I'm not sure what to think of Amen and Ausar. They are the biggest swings in the early lotto. If I was at 4 I'd take him and likely be happy with it. If I moved up to take him it would be more of the team at #4 wanting to move hm

I like Scoot a lot... to get to #2 in this draft there will be a heavy price to pay... that's why I went so high.

Oh we know :)

IF they move Quickley I think its a lot about the budget/cap... so doubt they'd want Sexton's salary.

I'm not sure what to think of Amen and Ausar. They are the biggest swings in the early lotto. If I was at 4 I'd take him and likely be happy with it. If I moved up to take him it would be more of the team at #4 wanting to move hm

I like Scoot a lot... to get to #2 in this draft there will be a heavy price to pay... that's why I went so high.

If Quickley is getting a max, I think Sexton at $18M year could sound very appetizing for the Knicks. Maybe Sexton blows up some FA plans for them though.

I don't disagree that Scoot's price will be sky high, so I don't really see it as an option. Murray, Quickley, and Amen are all strong maybes for me atm. Drafting Cason or Black, which will likely be an option for us, is not a bad option to sit on.