What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

I haven't seen a lot of Austin Reaves since the Lakers play mostly nationally televised games which are blacked out on league pass. Whenever I do, he's mostly looked like trash. Then I see his stats over the last few months and people talking about giving him a max contract and it's super confusing. I feel like I'm in the singing and dancing frog cartoon and whenever I'm looking he turns back in to a normal frog.

I haven't seen a lot of Austin Reaves since the Lakers play mostly nationally televised games which are blacked out on league pass. Whenever I do, he's mostly looked like trash. Then I see his stats over the last few months and people talking about giving him a max contract and it's super confusing. I feel like I'm in the singing and dancing frog cartoon and whenever I'm looking he turns back in to a normal frog.
He didn’t look great when I was watching tonight but I only caught pieces of the game. I like him but I’m not gonna go bonkers with a contract for him.

He had 15/6/2 on 9 shots total and was +14 lol. I’m not sure what you are expecting from him? People aren’t serious about maxing him and majority of us said we probably wouldn’t do 4/80M either because that means it would have to be backloaded where he’s making 35M+ a year in the last two years.

Danny ainge looks like he could be a grand wizard or grand dragon or grand master or whatever they call the kkk leader. (Most of what i know of the kkk was learned from watching that hilarious dave chapelle skit with the blind, black, kkk member)

He had 15/6/2 on 9 shots total and was +14 lol. I’m not sure what you are expecting from him? People aren’t serious about maxing him and majority of us said we probably wouldn’t do 4/80M either because that means it would have to be backloaded where he’s making 35M+ a year in the last two years.
I thought this was addressed: the team poaching him would pay a flat salary year to year if the incumbent team does not match.

$80/4 is simply $20 per year for the Jazz. If the Lakers matched they would pay the ballooned raises.

What are all your thoughts on Kristaps Porzingus?

I wouldnt give him a massive contract but is he worth 20 to 25 mil a year?

He has played in all the games this year so far. Huge risk

Reaves can play, not a star, but every team in the league can use someone like him. He also has a ton of room to grow, dude improve so much this year.

What are all your thoughts on Kristaps Porzingus?

I wouldnt give him a massive contract but is he worth 20 to 25 mil a year?

He has played in all the games this year so far. Huge risk
We really should focus on guys who improve our perimeter defense and 100% ignore anyone who makes it worse... at least for anyone we consider for a starter role.

Fred VanVleet with a 20 pt 20 ast game tonight. Danny loves undersized combo guards who play with passion™ and aren't necessarily efficient (Isaiah and Terry Rozier) so I could see us trying to throw the bag at him

I am not an expert on Troy Brown but based on the prospect he was coming into the league and how much he’s grown as a shooter, I think he could be worth kicking the tires on. Will only be 24 next year and it feels to me like he might have another level to him as he’s had some big games this year but has also faded some in the presence of the Lakers’ tumult.

I’m particularly interested in his ability to connect an offense since that was one of his most intriguing attributes coming into the league.

I still wouldn't want Dame right now, not unless we could restructure his contract for less of a cap hit or something, idk. He is going to take way too much of the cap right when we need to be loading up. Look how the Blazers have loaded up around him, on paper that should be a top 4 team in the west easily, yet they are looking at the play-in yet again. Not sure how he helps as he starts to be a declining asset taking up an ungodly amount of the cap right when we need to be peaking in 2-3 years. So unless he agrees to end his contract and sign for less then no way.

It's very true Dame's contract is not cheap and that's a problem for some teams.
There are cheaper and younger PG's like Killian Hayes, Lamelo Ball etc for sure who might be available if the trade offer is legit and serious.