What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

I do also think Atlanta will offload JC this offseason. Jalen Johnson has shown enough to put more faith in him and they also have Bey for another year. They desperately need to shed some salary I wonder how far they would go. KO+28 for JC+15+the Kings pick they own? Feels like a bit too much but he's played poorly and they have tried to offload him on the cheap and it has not worked. Maybe they won't go that aggressive but you might be able to go JC and 15 for KO... then send Gay+28 for a handful of seconds from SA. Leaves us with enough cap space to still do some damage if there is an opportunity.

9, 16, 18. For Duncan? We are rebuilding anyway and this year is perfect to go searching for a project in the later mid picks plus it helps with my Taylor, Brice, Bilal fantasy. :)

9, 16, 18. For Duncan? We are rebuilding anyway and this year is perfect to go searching for a project in the later mid picks plus it helps with my Taylor, Brice, Bilal fantasy. :)
It would be we get Duncan and 18... they get to save themselves from their cap mismanagement.

You could then shop some combo of KO, Ochai, 16, 18 for a top 10ish pick if you like.

It would be we get Duncan and 18... they get to save themselves from their cap mismanagement.

You could then shop some combo of KO, Ochai, 16, 18 for a top 10ish pick if you like.
Maybe, I don't know what the internal Jazz scouts really think. If it is fools gold then maybe stay put.

So I'm not a huge fan of the guy... but I think Jordan Poole almost surely has to be moved unless GS decides to say goodbye to Dray or Klay over the next 12 months. The new CBA is really going to hammer them...

He's been mostly bad this year and his decision making and defense are rough... but as a starter he is like 25 and 5 and I do think it helps him for some reason. IDK the guy is 23 and I'd imagine the market is fairly limited for him... say the price is like KO and Sexton or KO and THT... you in? Is that contract toxic, bad, or meh?
I would do it

Don’t know if this has been discussed, but Grant Williams has lost his spot in the rotation to Haider. Are the Celtics really going to match an offer for a guy that’s not playing for them?

Williams and Pritchard are two guys I’m interested in.

Don’t know if this has been discussed, but Grant Williams has lost his spot in the rotation to Haider. Are the Celtics really going to match an offer for a guy that’s not playing for them?

Williams is one of my top targets

If Lillard to BKN happens, should we attempt to sing Jerami Grant in FA??
He only went to the Brooklyn game cuz they couldn’t get him courtside seats at the Knicks game… per Chris Haynes who is Dames guy… nothing to it whatsoever

I mentioned him as a potential cap casualty. I think one route we could go is to work a sign and trade with him and KO. Gives them a 1 year expiring option and is a younger defensive oriented forward. I’m not a huge fan of his work as o think he is a little bit situational and kinda average but there might be more there.

I was the first to mention him weeks ago. I think he would be let go for less than what I thought at the time now too. I’m interested.