What's new

Rudy Gobert has got to go

I doubt it

It’s interesting that you often have to tell people repeatedly what you mean in what you post. I often see you telling people things like “reading comprehension matters” and things like that. Or saying things like “I never said that” or “that’s not what I meant”

Maybe you need to do a better job making your point clear when you post.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make in this particular discussion. That happens a lot with you.

he likes to hedge his bets and obfuscate so that he can claim to not be wrong when things change

It looks like Boston really really needs another good big that can defend. They have an all-star level players that they dont need and isnt a part of their future sitting on the bench out for the year with an injury.

Would you trade Favors for their injured SF Haywood? I think I would ask for a pick as well but I might do that trade straight up. That could be good for both teams? It would hurt us a little this year but if he comes back that could give us a big three.

Before anyone bites my head off, hear me out...

I used to be the biggest Gobert fan. Great defensive presence, passion, etc. Now that he was injured for a couple games and back, you can really see how much better the jazz play without him on the floor.

While he was injured the jazz were scoring in triple digits every night and blowing teams away by 15+ points, since he has been back we've been losing.

It's so clear to see. When he's in the game, the jazz struggle offesnively, he's so big that he clogs the middle. when he has the ball he has no finess and zero fundamental skills for a big man. without him the offense seems fluid, efficient, fast, fun to watch. with him in the game slows down, these days the nba doesn't use big man like when we had malone and mark eaton.

i really also saw favors shine at center while gobert was out. what do you all think? i know we could have beat the past 3 teams if gobert was out, i know it.

thanks fellow jazz brothers and sisters. Go Jazz
Finally someone else gets it. I was beginning to think I had entered some alternate universe where nobody could see what was right in front of their eyes. This post is pretty much spot on.

Prepare to have a bunch of insecure idiots pile on the insults as they froth at the mouth at anyone having the gall to say a bad word about their beloved Gobert.

Lol at archie

From my first post, please, tell me what was so confusing or what you didn't get or what you had a problem with.

You first post talks about cards and stuff.... talks about how people should respond to the op..... talks about how you would rather keep gobert than favors..... talks about how the jazz are better without gobert on the court with favors in his place.

Then you have a more posts throughout the thread about trading gobert. And other posts that kinda confuse what your original point was which seems to be that the jazz are better without gobert and he should be traded but that you would rather keep gobert.

Anywho, this isn't why I come to this site (wastes to much of my time. I would rather be reading my book before bed than having this stupid convo with you) so I think I will just put you on ignore at this point.

You first post talks about cards and stuff.... talks about how people should respond to the op..... talks about how you would rather keep gobert than favors..... talks about how the jazz are better without gobert on the court with favors in his place.

Then you have a more posts throughout the thread about trading gobert. And other posts that kinda confuse what your original point was which seems to be that the jazz are better without gobert and he should be traded but that you would rather keep gobert.

Anywho, this isn't why I come to this site (wastes to much of my time. I would rather be reading my book before bed than having this stupid convo with you) so I think I will just put you on ignore at this point.
Thank you. Not going to lose sleep over a dude that gets confused, but can spell it out, but is still confused and type lol @.

Good night, sir.

Hehepeepeecaca

Before anyone bites my head off, hear me out...

I used to be the biggest Gobert fan. Great defensive presence, passion, etc. Now that he was injured for a couple games and back, you can really see how much better the jazz play without him on the floor.

While he was injured the jazz were scoring in triple digits every night and blowing teams away by 15+ points, since he has been back we've been losing.

It's so clear to see. When he's in the game, the jazz struggle offesnively, he's so big that he clogs the middle. when he has the ball he has no finess and zero fundamental skills for a big man. without him the offense seems fluid, efficient, fast, fun to watch. with him in the game slows down, these days the nba doesn't use big man like when we had malone and mark eaton.

i really also saw favors shine at center while gobert was out. what do you all think? i know we could have beat the past 3 teams if gobert was out, i know it.

thanks fellow jazz brothers and sisters. Go Jazz

Welcome, retard.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Finally someone else gets it. I was beginning to think I had entered some alternate universe where nobody could see what was right in front of their eyes. This post is pretty much spot on.

Prepare to have a bunch of insecure idiots pile on the insults as they froth at the mouth at anyone having the gall to say a bad word about their beloved Gobert.

Hot sauce with the hot take.

Stats +/- (82 games.com) (only the 20 most used compositions) (november 12) :
Rubio-Favors-Gobert : 203 min ; rating : -69 disastrous
Rubio-Favors : 163 min ; rating : -33 bad
Rubio-Gobert : 68 min ; rating : +34 very good
Favors-Gobert : 21 min ; rating : +6 average
Only Rubio : 21 min ; rating : +25 excellent
Only Favors : 78 min ; rating : +15 average
Only Gobert : 13 min ; rating : +4 average
Sans Rubio/Favors/Gobert : 49 min ; rating : +45 excellent

Last edited:
Stats +/- (82 games.com) :
Rubio-Favors-Gobert : 203 min ; rating : -69 disastrous
Rubio-Favors : 163 min ; rating : -33 bad
Rubio-Gobert : 68 min ; rating : +34 very good
Favors-Gobert : 21 min ; rating : +6 average
Only Rubio : 21 min ; rating : +25 excellent
Only Favors : 78 min ; rating : +15 average
Only Gobert : 13 min ; rating : +4 average
Sans Rubio/Favors/Gobert : 49 min ; rating : +45 excellent
I thought they did away with 82games.com

Which game spans are these numbers from? The whole season? Some of the minute numbers seem off, if so.

fishonjazz said:

Thank you. Not going to lose sleep over a dude that gets confused, but can spell it out, but is still confused and type lol @.

Good night, sir.

Hehepeepeecaca

I told you before, Pee-Pee Man, Fish hit the nail on the head: You need to learn how to write, and probably think. You're full of Caca.

I think it's something we definitely should consider. Gobert is our most valuable player and has the ability to defer opponents away from the rim by simply standing around the rim. Gobert being able to do that alone makes a better player than Favors who is a better passer, finisher and can shoot while playing good defense, so the idea of trading Gobert does sound stupid. But the player Utah could pick up in return for Gobert may make Utah a better team than simply having Gobert and not getting full return of value from Favors or letting him walk. Which if we did trade Gobert I'm very confident we could get Favors to re-sign and would get him on a good deal.

Lets say we trade Gobert for CJ McCollum. Gobert is the more impactful player but McCollum under contract along with Favors under contract and playing the five makes us a better team than simply having Gobert. Which team would you rather to start next season?

Exum-Mitchell-Hood-Jerekbo-Gobert
- with Ingles, Burks, Thabo, Ekpe off the bench

or

McCollum-Mitchell-Hood-Jerkbo-Favors
- with Exum-Ingles-Burks-Thabo-Ekpe off the bench.

I doubt it

It’s interesting that you often have to tell people repeatedly what you mean in what you post. I often see you telling people things like “reading comprehension matters” and things like that. Or saying things like “I never said that” or “that’s not what I meant”

Maybe you need to do a better job making your point clear when you post.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make in this particular discussion. That happens a lot with you.

he likes to hedge his bets and obfuscate so that he can claim to not be wrong when things change
It looks like Boston really really needs another good big that can defend. They have an all-star level players that they dont need and isnt a part of their future sitting on the bench out for the year with an injury.

Would you trade Favors for their injured SF Haywood? I think I would ask for a pick as well but I might do that trade straight up. That could be good for both teams? It would hurt us a little this year but if he comes back that could give us a big three.

I would totally do that purely for the pleasure of then trading him to the Kings or some other hell hole