What's new

Rudy Gobert is selected to NBA All - Defensive 1st Team

Good for Rudy and well deserved. Nice to see Ricky and Donovan getting votes too.

Yeah. Just decide on the winner of these things. It would also make DM co-winner with Simmons which would be a just decision.

Mitchell winning would be the just decision.

However, unless voters let playoffs performance sway them (it's not supposed to), Simmons is going to win. For them to share the award, they'd have to get equal number of points. Which is very unlikely.

Good for Rudy and well deserved. Nice to see Ricky and Donovan getting votes too.

Don't forget Favors. Ricky had two 1st team votes and 4 votes overall. Mitchell and Favors got the same votes (1) as LeBron.

Gobert was sent to Development League by Tyrone Corbin. I wonder if he looks developed enough for him now.
Pretty absurd to compare the Rudy of today with his rookie season. Gobert looked completely overwhelmed his rookie year. He was incredibly raw and oftentimes looked like he didn't know where to be or which way to turn on defense. So yeah, giving him time in the DLeague was the right choice. And it wouldn't have been a choice by Ty; he would have been sent down by Lindsey.

Pretty absurd to compare the Rudy of today with his rookie season. Gobert looked completely overwhelmed his rookie year. He was incredibly raw and oftentimes looked like he didn't know where to be or which way to turn on defense. So yeah, giving him time in the DLeague was the right choice. And it wouldn't have been a choice by Ty; he would have been sent down by Lindsey.

I disagree. Rudy was already NBA material despite his rookie flaws and needed time but pointlessly given away. The only contribution for him being sent to D-League is he got pissed off and competed harder to beat the notion being the regular Rudy he is.

I disagree. Rudy was already NBA material despite his rookie flaws and needed time but pointlessly given away. The only contribution for him being sent to D-League is he got pissed off and competed harder to beat the notion being the regular Rudy he is.
One of the reasons he lasted until #27 is that he was a project. H
Had he been clearly NBA material, a player of his size would have been top-5 or 10. Im no Corbin fan, but Rudy was not ready for a major role. You look at mins played and he was still getting reasonable burn as a rookie backup.

Its not unexpected for any later draft pick to get some stints in the DLeague where he can get more playing time, more shots, etc. I think Rudy had a pretty good development curve. Its not like Lindsey had him spend essentially the entire year in the DLeague like Bradley. Nor was Rudy the equivalent of a Kuzma or Mitchell who were 100% ready to be starters.

One of the reasons he lasted until #27 is that he was a project. H
Had he been clearly NBA material, a player of his size would have been top-5 or 10. Im no Corbin fan, but Rudy was not ready for a major role. You look at mins played and he was still getting reasonable burn as a rookie backup.

Its not unexpected for any later draft pick to get some stints in the DLeague where he can get more playing time, more shots, etc. I think Rudy had a pretty good development curve. Its not like Lindsey had him spend essentially the entire year in the DLeague like Bradley. Nor was Rudy the equivalent of a Kuzma or Mitchell who were 100% ready to be starters.

This is true. Helped that he has a good work ethic, competitive desire, and BBIQ. I still think Corbin is an blithering, blistering idiot. Least I can have that.