What's new

Rudy the Beast

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Rudy needs a new nickname. He is a beast, straight up. Completely dominant in ways few players have ever been. Here is a place we can list all the wonderful stats and videos and what-have-you to praise Rudy so we can come here and whack it to his greatness when we lose a game and are feeling fussy.

Here is a start.

Rudy has the most 20-rebound games of any Jazz person for their career, and by a lot. Not even close really. He is a rebounding machine the likes of which the Jazz have rarely seen.

1640108288821.png

I found this one interesting...

1640108474269.png

Rudy needs a new nickname. He is a beast, straight up. Completely dominant in ways few players have ever been. Here is a place we can list all the wonderful stats and videos and what-have-you to praise Rudy so we can come here and whack it to his greatness when we lose a game and are feeling fussy.

Here is a start.

Rudy has the most 20-rebound games of any Jazz person for their career, and by a lot. Not even close really. He is a rebounding machine the likes of which the Jazz have rarely seen.

View attachment 11475
I thought there was something fishy about Al Jefferson's numbers, because he "averaged" 54.1 MPG but then I realized he only had one game. So the only game Jefferson got 20 rebounds in was an OT game.

I thought there was something fishy about Al Jefferson's numbers, because he "averaged" 54.1 MPG but then I realized he only had one game. So the only game Jefferson got 20 rebounds in was an OT game.
Maybe double with that many minutes. No way he played 48 regular minutes that game. Maybe 40, so double OT to get that many.

Maybe double with that many minutes. No way he played 48 regular minutes that game. Maybe 40, so double OT to get that many.
We played a triple OT game against Atlanta where Corbin refused to sub anyone when it was looking like an old-timer's game. Was it that one?

We played a triple OT game against Atlanta where Corbin refused to sub anyone when it was looking like an old-timer's game. Was it that one?
I bet it was. I vaguely remember that game. I think the Jazz lost and it was like had Corbin just put in a pair of fresh legs it probably would have been a win.

I bet it was. I vaguely remember that game. I think the Jazz lost and it was like had Corbin just put in a pair of fresh legs it probably would have been a win.

He could have definitely played the bench guys more. It was so sluggish that whoever subbed first would win the game, and that's what happened. But the apologists came out to say how quadruple overtime was uncharted territory and nobody could ever conceive of what you need to do to win in that circumstance.

We ended up blowing out New Jersey by 20+ the next night.

He could have definitely played the bench guys more. It was so sluggish that whoever subbed first would win the game, and that's what happened. But the apologists came out to say how quadruple overtime was uncharted territory and nobody could ever conceive of what you need to do to win in that circumstance.

We ended up blowing out New Jersey by 20+ the next night.
Funny that took 4 OT to get to 133, and we get close to that with some regularity now in regulation.

Rudy's career high rebounds. 28 in a losing effort, but man he had a hell of a game this game.

In fact this is the most rebounds by a Jazz player ever in a single game. Surpassing Truck Robinson in 1977 who had 27.

1640110198037.png

Well in the ad for the upcoming bio for Patrick Ewing, John Stark recalls that Beast was the moniker for Ewing coming out of Georgetown and that Ewing requested that he be addressed by that name. And since it's not still widely associated with Ewing I think it's fair game. TBH I think it's about time we just start referring to him as the GOAT. I mean historically and statistically I don't think any of the All Time Greats can match what Rudy is doing. (This is for centers only obviously. Of course complete body of work must be considered and quality of opponents.) I don't think it's premature, and certainly not like Roger Federer that has since lost his Grand Slam advantage over Djokovic and Nadal and has losing records against both of them. (Like it or not Fed, when it's all said and done, Djoker will be the GOAT by record.)

Last edited: