What's new

Rumor: Favors and Hayward for D'angello Russell and the #2 pick?

Would you trade Hayward and Favors for Russell and Ingram/Simmons?

• Total voters
Because we'd have a **** ton of cap space and wouldnt be bad enough to tank that low. Those guys plus a good free agent may mean we don't take a two steps backward maybe only one.
So we can get another 12-14th pick instead of a 3-8. We'd be awful if we did this trade, might as well embrace another year of tanking instead of screwing it up.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes, let's do this and endure another tank year.

Or, just as our team is ready to show what it can actually do let's, you know, let them have a ****ing shot!

We say we don't have a star but we don't know. Stars are made in the playoffs.

We want to trade for projects when we as a fan base have shown that we have no patience for such a thing. If these guys don't show themselves to be the next coming of MJ after two season (for many here they'll be calling them failures before their first NBA game) we'll want to cash them in on our next lottery ticket.

I can't believe how little faith some of you have in this core. INJURIES bros. Injuries. We're going to get Mike Conley, be healthy this year, and shock the world.

Last edited:
I can't believe how ittle faith some of you have in this core. INJURIES bros. Injuries. We're going to get Mike Conley, be healthy this year, and shock the world.

This is what I'm talking about!

Where have all the actual Jazz Fans gone?

I can't believe how little faith u have in our future star in Exum. I lol in yo face with lots of spit hitting the inside of yo mouth. Ha!

I love Exum. If Conley doesn't sign here, it still won't change our destiny to shock the world, my brotha.

How soon will Ingram get us a championship?

If that is an unanswerable question I'm out.

Tell me how you answer the following questions:

1.) Is a superstar (top 10 player) needed to win a championship?
2.) Does anyone on the Jazz have top 10 player potential?
3.) Will Durant, Lebron, Kawhi,Curry, George, ever walk through the door?

Tell me how you answer the following questions:

1.) Is a superstar (top 10 player) needed to win a championship?
2.) Does anyone on the Jazz have top 10 player potential?
3.) Will Durant, Lebron, Kawhi,Curry, George, ever walk through the door?
No
Yes but it's not likely
No

No
Yes but it's not likely
No

1. Ok you're wrong, I'll explain why. It's not that a team of 5 Hayward level players wouldn't be contenders, it's the salary cap simply will never allow it. Just when the core hits their primes (27+), one or two would be lost to rival teams maxing them. We will see this in a year when Hayward is offered 30+. At this point you're screwed, because you're probably still over the cap or near it, and have no ways to improve. Thus, a treadmill is born. You need that max superstar who actually out earns his contract, it's a huge advantage.

2. As a GM having to make a hard call on that though, the answer would be no.

3. correct

This trade does not guarantee anything for either team.
Durant and Westbrook are the #3 and #4 players in the world and they still got beat.
Will Lakers be better with this trade and Durant?

I might trade Favors for #2, but I wouldn't swap Hayward for D'Angelo Russell at this point. We can start Lyles and draft a credible 3rd big at #12 in this draft. If Hayward is going to move, a third team would have to get involved and give us another asset, like Boston with the #3 pick.

We'd draft Ingram at 2, probably Murray at 3, then either Korkmaz or a big like Deytona Davis or Thon Maker at 12.

Exum/Mack/Neto
Murray/Burks
Hood/Korkmaz
Lyles/Maker
Gobert/Maker/Withey

That gives us 5 or 6 players with potential to become top-20 players in a few years.

I see some of the rationale here. The Jazz, if healthy, appear to be on track to be a top 4 or 5 team in the west, and a top 7 team in the league. But we'd be expected to go out in the 2nd round unless something unusual happens. Basically, we're like the Atlanta Hawks, Toronto Raptors or Memphis Grizzlies. The defense and rebounding might be there, but to be a contender these days, you've got to have defense, rebounding, plus 2 30-pt scorers. Right now, the Jazz don't have even 1 30-pt scorer.

The Lakers would be doing this in the hopes of luring Russell Westbrook or a similar player as a FA. As it looks for them currently, they're going to be rebuilding for several years without making the playoffs.

I might trade Favors for #2, but I wouldn't swap Hayward for D'Angelo Russell at this point. We can start Lyles and draft a credible 3rd big at #12 in this draft. If Hayward is going to move, a third team would have to get involved and give us another asset, like Boston with the #3 pick.

We'd draft Ingram at 2, probably Murray at 3, then either Korkmaz or a big like Deytona Davis or Thon Maker at 12.

Exum/Mack/Neto
Murray/Burks
Hood/Korkmaz
Lyles/Maker
Gobert/Maker/Withey

That gives us 5 or 6 players with potential to become top-20 players in a few years.

I like these ideas but it would clean almost every draft asset the jazz have. I could see boston doing the hayward trade but they would want a pick next year also.

I dont see the lakers doing a favors for #2. I dont even see them giving favors and #12 for #2. They would want hood at a min. Then you are stripping the little depth the jazz have

I remember when the Lakers acquired Shaq. Their press at the time stated that the Lakers had always been identified with a dominant big man from Russell to Jabbar and now O'Neil. Hibbert is a bust and if they are willing to go out and chase down Favors maybe they value him more than the Jazz and have an idea of what he will become.

And a high draft pick means nothing. Look at Burke and Kanter. History is littered with high draft picks that have potential but never pan out.

I'm insane enough to do it because I think Simmons will be special.

That being said, I get the arguments against it and my track record of who I think will be great is, well, not great.

What about letting them keep Russell and the Jazz keep Favors.

So will Hayward + ? get the #2 pick? (disclaimer: I value Favors more than Hayward).