What's new

Rumor: Favors and Hayward for D'angello Russell and the #2 pick?

Would you trade Hayward and Favors for Russell and Ingram/Simmons?

• Total voters
Here is my two cents. I would vote No if the poll said just No, adding the never win a championship kind of voids the poll.

The only reason why any GM would make this trade is if they feel Favors recent back issues might be an issue in the future and Hayward will not re-sign with the Jazz because he wants to play for a contender or the Jazz don't want to pay him.

On talent alone, there is no way I do this trade. Russell is overrated in my opinion and plays the same position as Exum. I am not sold on Ingram as being a star, Simmons I like more but he isn't guaranteed either. However, I would rather go to Philly with this trade because I like Simmons better and they have other assets I would be interested in.

The biggest reason why I wouldn't do this trade is because I don't think the Jazz starting five is broken. It is our bench that needs to be strengthen. With a better bench and healthy roster the Jazz can compete with other teams. Making a deal like this could do more damage to the future than, trying to add talent through the draft and FA. Guys with potential have potential to bust too. The last factor is that I NEVER want to help the Lakers become better.

This makes more sense if the Jazz are calling this a failed team and starting over. I am almost 100% positive they are not there.

If they are there then after this trade is expect other dominos to fall like Burke, Ingles and Burks.

I agree that favors and hayward ate much better players currently. But when I factor in potential, and to a lesser extent salary, I think russell is close in value as an asset to them.

I also think hayward and favors are currently much better players than whoever the #2 pick is. But again, when I factor in potential things change a bit.
No way jose

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

If we're going to set back the clock, I'd consider Favors to Boston for #3 and either Jae Crowder or Kelly Olynyk. I'd probably take Jamal Murray at #3, but would look at all the other guys.

Jamal Murray at #3?! Lmao lmao lmao

Favors for Crowder/Oly and Murray? Kill me now.

Jamal Murray at #3?! Lmao lmao lmao

Favors for Crowder/Oly and Murray? Kill me now.

Murray has All Star potential. Favors will probably never be an All Star and the Jazz mat decide they prefer starting Lyles. If the Jazz decide they cant max all their players, they'll move one of them. I assume you like Bender?

Last year people were LOL about the idea of moving Favors for Porzingis, another rumor. Now I bet the Knicks wouldn't make that deal.

Murray has All Star potential. Favors will probably never be an All Star and the Jazz mat decide they prefer starting Lyles. If the Jazz decide they cant max all their players, they'll move one of them. I assume you like Bender?

Last year people were LOL about the idea of moving Favors for Porzingis, another rumor. Now I bet the Knicks wouldn't make that deal.

Murray can't play defense. He may be an all-star (I doubt it), but if he's one of your leading guys, you won't go far. Bender >>>>>> Murray

I wouldn't do it. (Other than for salary room, maybe)

I don't see their two becoming better than our two.

I wonder if a non-all star player with at least 6 years of experience has ever been traded for a top 2 pick in the draft - at or before the draft. I can't imagine that ever happening outside of that top 2 pick having some major medical condition, drug problem, etc. when a team has a top 2 pick, they expect multiple time all star. of course, that doesn't always happen, but that is the expectation. this is why the Lakers would never do this - the Jazz would essentially be asking for something that has never happened, to happen twice (with Russell being as young as he is) in the same trade.

I still can't help but think about how the Dubs are constructed. Curry plays solid d. Thompson, Barnes, Green and Bogut are all above average or better. Iggy is above average. Livingston is solid and long. Ezeli is above average. I don't really know about Barbosa and Speights tbh but my point's made. I want guys who play noth ends. Hood is flawed but is getting better. Our other four starters are above average or better. Withey is solid off the bench. Mack is solid but blows offensively. Burks and Lyles suck defensively.

I guess I just want guys who are gonna play both ends.

"The only reason why any GM would make this trade is if they feel Favors recent back issues might be an issue in the future and Hayward will not re-sign with the Jazz because he wants to play for a contender or the Jazz don't want to pay him."

I do this trade for these reasons. Favors back issues aren't going away. His torso to leg length ratio increases the likelihood that this is true, and the way he runs pretty much guarantees it. Also, I do believe Hayward will leave. After I make this trade, Russell is traded somewhere for an established "star"ish player, because he is overrated and Exum needs to have the team handed solely over to him whether he proves he can be the man or shows he can't. Our guys are clearly better currently, that isn't even debatable. We will make the playoffs next year with Hayward and Favors. With the other guys, I'd say its about 30% chance. Of course, I believe Burks and Hood are better than most, and Lyles showed a lot of growth both as a defender (still kinda shotty) and a stretch 3 or 4. If Gobert is hurt a lot, neither group makes the playoffs.

I was always down with that trade.

I was also down with burks and favors or favors and #5 for wiggins.

I'm down with the proposed trade in the op too.

I went through every team in the league and identified their best player and then looked at how each teams best player was acquired.

Only one was acquired through free agency (LeBron)
Only like 5 or so were acquired through trade.
The rest were all drafted. Our best player was also drafted. But our best player needs to be better.

Therefore we need more good draft picks to give us more shots at a better player than we currently have.

It's simple: do you build around Hayward/Favors or Exum? If it is Exum, then if you can move Hayward/Favors for potential superstars, it's a no brainer. You do it.

If you want to build around Hayward/Favors...well...you're an idiot and will struggle to make the playoffs every year.

That being said, how much do GM's LOVE Lindsey if he makes this deal? He helped GS build the best team ever. He helped OKC beat SA. He helped the Lakers become a contender again (if he trades Hayward/Favors and they sign Durrant).

Oh, and he took a successful small market team and made them completely irrelevant, which makes it easier for large market (i.e., profitable) teams to be successful.

Ha ha.

Curry is an exception, an anomaly. And at least he's super quick. Murray is not very athletic at all.

IDK about that. There have been plenty of players whose pre-draft scouting reports had questions centered around defense. Gordon Hayward and Dante Exum come to mind on our team.

Though I know Exum isnt a good example since he had defensive potential. But plenty of play who werent thought to have defensive potential who turned out to be good defenders.

I wonder if a non-all star player with at least 6 years of experience has ever been traded for a top 2 pick in the draft - at or before the draft. I can't imagine that ever happening outside of that top 2 pick having some major medical condition, drug problem, etc. when a team has a top 2 pick, they expect multiple time all star. of course, that doesn't always happen, but that is the expectation. this is why the Lakers would never do this - the Jazz would essentially be asking for something that has never happened, to happen twice (with Russell being as young as he is) in the same trade.

I agree that this type of trade is uncommon, as well as unlikely, but I think LA would at least consider it (although they would probably ask for an additional piece or 2 such as Burks &/or #12). I imagine that the Lakers would prefer to avoid the multi-year rebuild that they're currently on track for & would do a trade such as this one (though they likely target Butler/George/Cousins/etc first) under the assumption that they would be able to sign a top tier FA to go along with Hayward/Favors.

Like I said the other day, the circumstances would have to be LA getting Durant. They have their number 1 horse, now just need to put a winning team around him while the window is open. Waiting 5 years for Simmons or Ingram doesn't make sense. That's what NY is trying to do with Melo and Porzingis (2nd in ROY voting) and it won't work, they missed the playoffs by a lot.

Do you think the Lakers could find a better deal than Hayward and Favors for the #2? I doubt you can come up with names. For instance, the Bulls wouldn't even give up Butler for the #2.

Like I said the other day, the circumstances would have to be LA getting Durant. They have their number 1 horse, now just need to put a winning team around him while the window is open. Waiting 5 years for Simmons or Ingram doesn't make sense. That's what NY is trying to do with Melo and Porzingis (2nd in ROY voting) and it won't work, they missed the playoffs by a lot.

Do you think the Lakers could find a better deal than Hayward and Favors for the #2? I doubt you can come up with names. For instance, the Bulls wouldn't even give up Butler for the #2.
You may be right. Probably why #2 isn't going anywhere. If it does go somewhere, it would have to be for an all-star or 1st or 2nd year player trending that direction.

Everyone here go crazy fro trade that is not even REAL!?!?!! this is not even possible and Lakers won't make it!!!