What's new

Rumor: Favors and Hayward for D'angello Russell and the #2 pick?

Would you trade Hayward and Favors for Russell and Ingram/Simmons?

• Total voters
I jumped from page 1 to 6, but hell yes I would do this. Neither Hayward or Fav (as much as we love them...well, Fav) are superstars and either of the dudes on the scenario from LA could be. We have VERY limited chances to get that guy. With Favors and Hayward, you're destined to be "a nice team" if no one else emerges or you get lucky beyond belief in the lottery/draft.

I jumped from page 1 to 6, but hell yes I would do this. Neither Hayward or Fav (as much as we love them...well, Fav) are superstars and either of the dudes on the scenario from LA could be. We have VERY limited chances to get that guy. With Favors and Hayward, you're destined to be "a nice team" if no one else emerges or you get lucky beyond belief in the lottery/draft.

You at port I see.

I was always down with that trade.

I was also down with burks and favors or favors and #5 for wiggins.

I'm down with the proposed trade in the op too.

I went through every team in the league and identified their best player and then looked at how each teams best player was acquired.

Only one was acquired through free agency (LeBron)
Only like 5 or so were acquired through trade.
The rest were all drafted. Our best player was also drafted. But our best player needs to be better.

Therefore we need more good draft picks to give us more shots at a better player than we currently have.
What about second or third options on every team?

This is a pretty near sided post. U completely ignore the other players around both Hayward and Favors, not to mention that Favors has continued to get better and improve every year, and if he takes another jump next year?

We still have 4 others to consider its scary how good this team could be.

1. Exum... Exum is already a good defender as a rookie. He will only get stronger and more explosive. I've also read a lot on him how he's working to improve his shot, and he's got a shot at being special.

2. Hood... Hood is coming off an up and down year, but he's shown potential as a #1 scoring option and a guy u ca give the ball to in crunch time and let him create buckets.

3. Gobert... Gobert is already the best of the best Rim protectors and a very good rebounder who moves well as a 7ft+ person. As we have plenty of offensive minded players around him who are still getting better, he doesn't have to improve much on offense. He is already a superstar defender and rim protector in his third year

4. Lyles... Lyles showed he can put up points at a frantic pace. Most experts at draft time last year felt that in order to be successful, lyles would need to develop an outside shot... Well, that didn't take very long. This year I'm looking to see him take more oppertunities on offense with his floor game as more a triple threat guy and find a post up and face up guy. If he does that he can be elite on offense. As I can see it he is still super young and has only scratched the surface of what he could be.

Then u have to consider guys that round up this team. Guys like Neto, Burks (one of my personal favorites on this team), and Mack.

Neto showed glimpses of a nice backup pg that can put pressure on a defense. There were huge questions about his defense and shooting. I no at one point he was leading all rookies in three point% and was a fine defender. Not elite but above average.

Mack was a surprising source of offense and shot pretty well and great at getting to the hoop and scoring with floaters. Is he perfect? No, but let's consider the fact that he's been a 3rd string his entire career till he got to Utah where he started for the first time ever.

Burks, feel was derailed the last two years by serious injury. I think he's still got room to improve. Two years ago I thought he was getting close to Haywards level. He's made strides in his outside shooting, and all he needs to do is gain confidence to shoot more three's and he will be just fine in that department.

There is a ton of talent on this team, and it's still improving, let's also not forget that if not for all the injury this team would've been in the playoffs. I don't think this can't even be debated. Let's also not forget that we were only a few losses behind Portland even with all of the injury to this team.

Most of u need to open your eyes and realize there aren't many teams as stacked as the Jazz are, and we have at least one more lotto pick in front of us and this org seems to have an eye for talent. Sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side... It's not!! We have potential stars and very potent role players next to them. Let's not shed talent we've worked long and hard to develop for some wait and see risks. We are on the path to contending. Bows not the time to re-rebuild.

Hayward and Favors for the #2? I doubt you can come up with names. For instance, the Bulls wouldn't even give up Butler for the #2.

Favors AND hayward for #2?

I might trade Favors for #2, but I wouldn't swap Hayward for D'Angelo Russell at this point. We can start Lyles and draft a credible 3rd big at #12 in this draft. If Hayward is going to move, a third team would have to get involved and give us another asset, like Boston with the #3 pick.

We'd draft Ingram at 2, probably Murray at 3, then either Korkmaz or a big like Deytona Davis or Thon Maker at 12.

Exum/Mack/Neto
Murray/Burks
Hood/Korkmaz
Lyles/Maker
Gobert/Maker/Withey

That gives us 5 or 6 players with potential to become top-20 players in a few years.

And it gives us two starters who play God awful defense and a third in Hood who's only about average. We lose our entire identity and give up on bakking the cake with just five minutes left in the oven.

Last edited:
And it gives us two starters who play God awful defense and a third in Hood who's only about average. We lose out entire identity and give up on bakking the cake with just five minutes left in the oven.
None of those players are god awful defenders.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Surprised there's almost no discussion here about Ingram's potential (since that is what would really matter.) Of course every #2 pick COULD turn into a superstar. but most don't. I think Ingram could be quite good, but I highly doubt he gets beyond Jimmy Butler good. That's probably not good enough. I don't think the risk-reward is really worth it here.

Surprised there's almost no discussion here about Ingram's potential (since that is what would really matter.) Of course every #2 pick COULD turn into a superstar. but most don't. I think Ingram could be quite good, but I highly doubt he gets beyond Jimmy Butler good. That's probably not good enough. I don't think the risk-reward is really worth it here.
There is a giant draft thread.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The Lakers wouldn't trade there young talent anything short of a Paul George type player. Favors and Hayward would not get it done.

The main question here is really whether the Jazz are planning to max Hayward and Favors. If not, they'll move one of them in a deal like this. They probably are not going to be able to keep everyone anyway even under the new cap.

No, I don't think #2 and Russell is worth Favors + Hayward. But there is a starting point for some discussion.

I think Favors is worth #3 in this draft + another pick or player.

Considering that Kevin Love was traded for Andrew Wiggins, I think Hayward could be worth the #2 pick in this draft. I think Hayward's value is pretty close to Kevin Love.

What about second or third options on every team?

This is a pretty near sided post. U completely ignore the other players around both Hayward and Favors, not to mention that Favors has continued to get better and improve every year, and if he takes another jump next year?

We still have 4 others to consider its scary how good this team could be.

1. Exum... Exum is already a good defender as a rookie. He will only get stronger and more explosive. I've also read a lot on him how he's working to improve his shot, and he's got a shot at being special.

2. Hood... Hood is coming off an up and down year, but he's shown potential as a #1 scoring option and a guy u ca give the ball to in crunch time and let him create buckets.

3. Gobert... Gobert is already the best of the best Rim protectors and a very good rebounder who moves well as a 7ft+ person. As we have plenty of offensive minded players around him who are still getting better, he doesn't have to improve much on offense. He is already a superstar defender and rim protector in his third year

4. Lyles... Lyles showed he can put up points at a frantic pace. Most experts at draft time last year felt that in order to be successful, lyles would need to develop an outside shot... Well, that didn't take very long. This year I'm looking to see him take more oppertunities on offense with his floor game as more a triple threat guy and find a post up and face up guy. If he does that he can be elite on offense. As I can see it he is still super young and has only scratched the surface of what he could be.

Then u have to consider guys that round up this team. Guys like Neto, Burks (one of my personal favorites on this team), and Mack.

Neto showed glimpses of a nice backup pg that can put pressure on a defense. There were huge questions about his defense and shooting. I no at one point he was leading all rookies in three point% and was a fine defender. Not elite but above average.

Mack was a surprising source of offense and shot pretty well and great at getting to the hoop and scoring with floaters. Is he perfect? No, but let's consider the fact that he's been a 3rd string his entire career till he got to Utah where he started for the first time ever.

Burks, feel was derailed the last two years by serious injury. I think he's still got room to improve. Two years ago I thought he was getting close to Haywards level. He's made strides in his outside shooting, and all he needs to do is gain confidence to shoot more three's and he will be just fine in that department.

There is a ton of talent on this team, and it's still improving, let's also not forget that if not for all the injury this team would've been in the playoffs. I don't think this can't even be debated. Let's also not forget that we were only a few losses behind Portland even with all of the injury to this team.

Most of u need to open your eyes and realize there aren't many teams as stacked as the Jazz are, and we have at least one more lotto pick in front of us and this org seems to have an eye for talent. Sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side... It's not!! We have potential stars and very potent role players next to them. Let's not shed talent we've worked long and hard to develop for some wait and see risks. We are on the path to contending. Bows not the time to re-rebuild.

Ok.

If you are counting on Hood or Lyles to take us to a title...yikes. Hood is an average starter, if even that good. Lyles has potential, but most likely ends up a poor man's Boozer. Hood and Lyles aren't taking you anywhere.

The Jazz's future begins and ends with Exum. We know Hayward and Favors can't get you to the playoffs. Neither can Gobert. Or all three together.

If Exum doesn't pan out, we are screwed. We have become a crappier version of your daddy's Clippers...other than we don't get good draft picks.

If you are counting on Hood or Lyles to take us to a title...yikes. Hood is an average starter, if even that good. Lyles has potential, but most likely ends up a poor man's Boozer. Hood and Lyles aren't taking you anywhere.

The Jazz's future begins and ends with Exum. We know Hayward and Favors can't get you to the playoffs. Neither can Gobert. Or all three together.

If Exum doesn't pan out, we are screwed. We have become a crappier version of your daddy's Clippers...other than we don't get good draft picks.

How exactly do we know they can't take us to the playoffs? You realize when Favors and Gobert both played they're record was easily a playoff record? And that despite having crippling injuries they nearly made the playoffs anyway?

One of the stupidest posts I've seen on here.

Considering that Kevin Love was traded for Andrew Wiggins, I think Hayward could be worth the #2 pick in this draft. I think Hayward's value is pretty close to Kevin Love.

Love value at the time of that trade was WAY higher than haywards value.
Love was leading the league in rebounding, scoring like 25 ppg, was the best passing big in the league, could punish guys down low and shoot from outside, multiple time all star..... Hayward is nowhere near as valuable as Kevin love was in minny.

Now? Sure I can dig it.

It won't happen but one of the biggest reasons to do this trade is the impact that it would have on next year's draft position, especially if the 2017 draft class is as good as people say

It won't happen but one of the biggest reasons to do this trade is the impact that it would have on next year's draft position, especially if the 2017 draft class is as good as people say

It is.
I've been saying it since the '14 draft thread. So obvi true.