What's new

Rumor: Favors and Hayward for D'angello Russell and the #2 pick?

Would you trade Hayward and Favors for Russell and Ingram/Simmons?

• Total voters

Sexual Favors

Alright, so there is a rumor (not very credible and started by Bleacher Report) that says Hayward and Favors to the Lakers for D'angello Russell and the #2 pick (Brandon Ingram). Let's pretend this didn't come from Bleacher Report. Would you do it?

I would. I know it would set us back, but it gives us two more players who have the opportunity to become legit stars. It also would make us bad next year, which would give us a better pick in a really good draft. I know it sets us back by 2 years, but it also makes it so we don't have to say goodbye to any of Hood, Gobert, Burks, or Exum for at least another four years. If we keep Hayward and Favors, we'll have to downgrade our talent to afford it, then be putting all of our hopes on players who probably can't achieve what we want: a championship. Are Hayward and Favors really going to lead us to that? Could they really lead us to that if we add a mediocre vet in FA (be honest, that's all we can attract).

We've always been a team whose had to build via the draft. We lucked out and got John outside of the lottery and Karl with the second to last pick in it. That's an anomaly. Scouting is more advanced than it has ever been. If we want top tier talent, we have to make some sacrifices for it. There is no guarantee that Ingram or Russell is that guy, but we already know Favors and Hayward aren't. They are really good, but not top 5 good.

This trade would give us a pool of young talent:

1. ingram or Simmons
2. Exum
3. Gobert
4. Russell
5. Hood
6. Lyles
7. Next year's lotto pick
8. Burks (still only 24. Shoots 40% from DT. Gets to the rim and draws fouls. This would be his and Hood's team offensively next year. If healthy, what if?)

This increases our odds dramatically. One of those guys could become "that guy." If we keep Hayward and Favors, it is their team, and we need to win now in order to keep them long term. If we move on from them, we have the ability to keep all of these young guys for the foreseeable future and really decide who has potential.

https://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/n...ordon-hayward-derrick-favors-utah-jazz/25763/

https://www.newseveryday.com/articles/45048/20160604/la-lakers-rumors-d-angelo-russell-draft.htm

https://en.yibada.com/articles/1287...ussell-2-pick-jazzs-derrick-favors-gordon.htm

https://www.inquisitr.com/3161937/n...ers-could-trade-dangelo-russell-to-utah-jazz/

So pretty much a rebuild. Don't know if I'm comfortable rebuilding around those two, but maybe...

This makes no sense. It also is NOT a rumor but rather some ignorant journalist's trade idea, which would be alright if some even more ignorant and illiterate/disingenuous journalists didn't make that "idea" into a "rumor".

So pretty much a rebuild. Don't know if I'm comfortable rebuilding around those two, but maybe...

yes, a rebuild, but a rebuild where you already have a bunch of top tier prospects...

1. Ingram and Simmons #2 pick.
2. Russell #2 pick.
3. Exum #5 pick.
4. Gobert (would go top 3 if redrafted).
5. Burks #12 pick.
6. Lyles #12 pick.
7. Hood (he slipped because it was the overhyped 2014 draft).
8. #12 pick this year.
9. top 10 pick next year.

That's some solid ground to rebuild on.

I'd do it if they throw in Randle.

Gobert/#12(Poetl or Sabonis)
Randle/Lyles
Ingram/Hood
Hood/Burks/Exum
Exum/Russell

That could be a very good team in a few years. I'm not sure I am ready as a fan to go through another rebuild, but that team would have much more upside than our current team.

No, and writing the poll the way you did was really intellectually dishonest. It's been too long since the Jazz have made the playoffs, and our team, if we can just stay healthy, could well be built for a good run. You don't mess up what you're doing because of something new and shiny.

Honestly, I'd throw in the 12 to make this happen. Even then the Lakers would probably say no unless they think it will help them sign a star FA and contend.

LA probably does it if they can get Durant. Favors/Durant/Hayward is nasty and instant win now. (which is what they like)

I am so torn on thos one because i love hayward and favors, but the idea of getting russell and ingram. With the chance to add more big man depth at 12.

Have a line up like this

Russell, exum, neto
Hood, burks
Ingram, bazemore, ingles
Lyles, booker
Gobert, poeltl, withey

Exum getting all the back up minutes and some time at the 2 guard.

Possible another pf in free agency

So by the time this rebuild of a rebuild starts to mature we probably lose all the other pieces like Gobert and Exum, so by the time this thing starts to work we'll have no support and no money and there will probably be some rookies and draft prospects that look really neat and we can jump on that.

Wake me up 20-30 years from now when we have a team ready to make the playoffs. Or is that even the goal?

I probably do it.
We still need to hit that homerun.
Russell and ingram have a better chance of being homeruns than hayward or favors do. (Hayward and favors are triples)

Maybe russell and ingram won't be homeruns either but maybe they will be

So by the time this rebuild of a rebuild starts to mature we probably lose all the other pieces like Gobert and Exum, so by the time this thing starts to work we'll have no support and no money and there will probably be some rookies and draft prospects that look really neat and we can jump on that.

Wake me up 20-30 years from now when we have a team ready to make the playoffs. Or is that even the goal?

The goal is not just to make the playoffs. If it was DL would have traded future assets to get Teague at the deadline. The goal is to acquire a superstar through consolidation. It can be a Harden like Consolidation, or one for a high draft pick. Obviously DL would have to think the world of Ingram to do this, but he must consider everything.

The goal is not just to make the playoffs. If it was DL would have traded future assets to get Teague at the deadline. The goal is to acquire a superstar through consolidation. It can be a Harden like Consolidation, or one for a high draft pick. Obviously DL would have to think the world of Ingram to do this, but he must consider everything.
How soon will Ingram get us a championship?

If that is an unanswerable question I'm out.

So let me get this straight. Trade our two leaders for two unknowns? That's a huuuuge risk! I'm sorry, but Russle is no star. Never will be. I see him more of a 6th man than a star. And Ingram? A good shooter. Who is going to take time to build up his frame to NBA ready. People compare him to Durant are clueless. Body frame is about the only similarities. I wouldn't do it. I think it takes us longer to get to the playoffs with those two. But whatever, the sky is falling around here so do what you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I really like Russell but this last year was kind of telling. His maturity scares me, but he could has a chance to be pretty special.

I like Ingram... But I don't see him as KD lite or a sure fire all star. I do think this trade highlights the idea that maybe our window is not lining up with favs and hay... Maybe it would be better to view the championship core as Rudy, Exum, hood, lyles and whatever else we acquire.

Another thing this would do is free us up to get a free agent this offseason. We'd have more space and time for a guy like Fournier or Batum (sounds like he isn't going anywhere).

I think both teams would think pretty hard about it but can see good reasons why both teams say no.

I really like Russell but this last year was kind of telling. His maturity scares me, but he could has a chance to be pretty special.

I like Ingram... But I don't see him as KD lite or a sure fire all star. I do think this trade highlights the idea that maybe our window is not lining up with favs and hay... Maybe it would be better to view the championship core as Rudy, Exum, hood, lyles and whatever else we acquire.

Another thing this would do is free us up to get a free agent this offseason. We'd have more space and time for a guy like Fournier or Batum (sounds like he isn't going anywhere).

I think both teams would think pretty hard about it but can see good reasons why both teams say no.
Why would we want to sign FA with this trade? Might as well tank another year for Harry Giles if we getting Ingram.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Why would we want to sign FA with this trade? Might as well tank another year for Harry Giles if we getting Ingram.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Because we'd have a **** ton of cap space and wouldnt be bad enough to tank that low. Those guys plus a good free agent may mean we don't take a two steps backward maybe only one.